Enscape 3.2 3dconnexion Spacemouse Issues

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • IMO, use Helicopter mode, not Target Camera mode. Though I do sometimes get a "bug" where the software switches back to Target Camera from time to time, which is frustrating. Something to keep an eye on.

Here's my settings, albeit for SketchUp. I currently use the camera match button in the Enscape panel, so SketchUp runs the Spacemouse setting and not Enscape. It's nowhere near as smooth than having Enscape control it, but since they decided to change the way the Spacemouse driver behaves, this is my workaround when modeling. If I was presenting, I'd let Enscape take full control of the Spacemouse.

I've also noticed poor/jittery spacemouse performance in SketchUp recently and I think it may be on 3DConnexion's end of things with their drivers.

• Sorry, I should have said I was working in Revit with Enscape. I notice the options change markedly depending on which software you are using.

I read earlier you are in Revit. Figured the settings should be about the same. The only major different in the "feel" of the spacemouse navigation to me comes down to the camera mode- i.e- helicopter vs target, etc.

• Nice to see the 3.3 release which works with Revit 2023 - and 3.3.1 already :)

3D Connexions driver version 10.8.7 and the Spacemouse shows 'Enscape 3D', so far so good.

There is no real improvement in use. The Spacemouse is 'nervous' and jittery. It used to be a very smooth, enjoyable experience travelling around the Enscape model with the joystick but it is unusable in a professional context.

FWIW I notice that the Spacemouse goes really wild and uncontrollable in Revit 2023.

The Spacemouse stays in the bin for now I think which is a shame as it was the main reason I used Enscape for client presentations. I'll stick with Lumion if I'm going to have to use keyboard keys and a mouse to move around the model in presentations.

• For me the issue is fixed! I updated to Enscape 3.3.1. I did have to go into the Spacemouse Software, lock the horizon, and change to camera mode (I don't know why these are not just the default).

On my first try I didn't even update the spacemouse driver and it worked. I then did update the drivers, rebooted, and did some more testing. No more barrel rolling for me. I'm not having any issues with it behaving jittery like you mentioned. As far as I'm concerned it is back to the old behavior and I am pretty happy.

• For me the issue is fixed! I updated to Enscape 3.3.1. I did have to go into the Spacemouse Software, lock the horizon, and change to camera mode (I don't know why these are not just the default).

On my first try I didn't even update the spacemouse driver and it worked. I then did update the drivers, rebooted, and did some more testing. No more barrel rolling for me. I'm not having any issues with it behaving jittery like you mentioned. As far as I'm concerned it is back to the old behavior and I am pretty happy.

Nothing changed for me with 3.3.1 . Still the same issue as before even with the latest drivers.

• What is the issue that you are experiencing Zoom? and what software do you use? I looked back through the conversation and the only thing specific that you mentioned was that the shift to run option was gone. I had not even noticed that until you mentioned it. I am doing my testing on a pretty small project. So I had not had the need to speed up movement. There also remains the issue that it turns off collision detection as soon as you touch the spacemouse.

I take back my "the issue is fixed comment". It is still broken. Just not as broken as it was. It was the rolling camera that made it totally unusable for me before. this is bearable at least for me.

• I use Revit - version 2022 mostly but I also have 2023. The Spacemouse goes crazy in Revit 2023 at present but OK in 2022 as long as Enscape is not running.

With the latest Enscape and latest 3D connexion drivers, in Revit 2022, using the Spacemouse kind of works if you use a shortcut key on the spacemouse - 'F' for example - which aligns the model to the horizontal. Then turn off the left/right roll key option. Moving around the model it starts to drift off horizontal and whichever camera mode is in use, movement is 'jittery'.

That it is better than a few months ago suggests this is a work in progress. Hopefully 3D Connexions and Enscape are still working on it but it's probably affecting a relatively small number of users.

Being an eternal optimist I will have another try at using the Spacemouse with the latest versions over the weekend :)

• I used to have some of the same issues with Spacemouse just deciding to go completely wild and zoon WAY out and scewed when flipping between programs. Honestly, I think it's more on the 3DConnexion driver side. But I also think Enscape would do well to revert the way they implemented it in the first place. What likely was coded in as a time-saver for them, turned out to be a time-wrecker for their users.

• I agree Tim that it's likely mostly a 3D Connexions developer change which has impacted on Enscape. Developers can be and are, everywhere in the World so hard to know how 3D Connexions work.

You do get the impression that someone - or some people - at 3D Connexions are trying to recreate something that worked in the old setup but doesn't work as well now.

I always wondered why Lumion wouldn't have anything to do with 3D Connexions devices.

• Please add my voice as a user unhappy with how the space mouse is functioning in Enscape now.

Biggest complaint: using the space mouse automatically switches you to fly mode - it's impossible to use walk mode and the space mode at the same time, which is how I prefer to use Enscape.

Next issue is that the movement speed is inconsistent and I cannot find a way to make the speed constant. If you stop close to a surface in enscape, then start moving again, the speed is very slow. But if you look at something far away and stop, then start moving again then the speed is much faster. I need a constant speed that isn't dependant on what the last surface in focus was.

I am using the latest Enscape version (3.3.1) in Revit 2023 with the latest 3DX connexion drivers.

Please revert to the way the space mouse used to work in Enscape - it was perfect then! Or at least give us the option in the Enscape settings.