It is hoped that the render window can be set to the top of other windows.

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I can't find my previous posts just now, but they were some of the first things I thought would make the program much better: if the textures could be adjusted while looking at the Enscape window. Really annoying having to work split-screen to do it.

I work off of twin monitors now rather than a laptop, so it's not an issue for me. (I would recommend getting a "portable usb monitor" for your laptop - if you mirror the screen it can also be used for presentation.)

• Official Post

This will be a great convenience for users of a single screen.

In addition, we hope to provide a switch to hide ENSCAPE objects.

The ability to make the Enscape window stay on top, is a topic on our agenda which just received two further upvotes through your voice and the voice of Micha . ;)

So you'd like to hide and unhide our Enscape lights, sound sources, as well as the linked models, through a switch? What would be your use case for this? :)

I even think that we can provide a material list of the default affix.

Pardon, could you please briefly re-describe what you mean by that?

I can't find my previous posts just now, but they were some of the first things I thought would make the program much better: if the textures could be adjusted while looking at the Enscape window. Really annoying having to work split-screen to do it.

We generally want to keep both the project in Enscape and their corresponding architectural software identical. Otherwise you'd have a different project in Enscape and users would wish that changes made directly in Enscape could be translated into the main software as well, which would probably not be possible technical wise.

I'd still file it as a feature request if that is what you're looking for though. :)

• We generally want to keep both the project in Enscape and their corresponding architectural software identical. Otherwise you'd have a different project in Enscape and users would wish that changes made directly in Enscape could be translated into the main software as well, which would probably not be possible technical wise.

I understand that the other native software does not have a dedicated texture dialogue, but SU does and I might be a little bias ;)

The feature request would be for this dialogue staying on top of all other windows (Like the setting window currenty does) - this would mean that you didn't need to go back and forth between a maximised Enscape window and SU to see what the changes you made look like.

• Official Post

I understand that the other native software does not have a dedicated texture dialogue, but SU does and I might be a little bias ;)

The feature request would be for this dialogue staying on top of all other windows (Like the setting window currenty does) - this would mean that you didn't need to go back and forth between a maximised Enscape window and SU to see what the changes you made look like.

Hey Gadget , thank you for your explanation, that makes sense. I've adjusted the feature request to include your wish to let the Enscape Materials window stay on top of everything, just like the Settings window. :)

• For example, you can provide a button to open or close all the lighting objects added by ENSCAPE.

Then provide an old version of the Material Affix List to quickly give objects the appropriate default material, such as water, grass, marble, leaves, paint, etc.

• I've adjusted the feature request to include your wish to let the Enscape Materials window stay on top of everything, just like the Settings window. :)

... only problem with that is you can only change the selected texture; the one selected in the native application first. To make this really worth while you would need a way to select the texture from the current Enscape window - perhaps a pipette on the same dialogue?

• Official Post

Gadget, so you'd like me to file a feature request to implement a pipette tool into the corresponding Enscape Materials dialogue, allowing you to freely pick up any of the materials used in your project via Enscape? Anything you wanna add to that?

• :saint: So, assuming that the Enscape materials editor dialogue can float above the Enscape window;

- (As discussed above) a pipette icon that will let you change the currently selected texture to the texture selected from the Enscape window. (Which could then be edited within the dialogue.)

- (Requested elsewhere) Have the dialogue remember where it was on-screen (and on which screen) so that when you close it and open it again, it is in the same position you left it.

- (New-ish) Include a facility to "roll-up" the dialogue so that you only have the title bar floating (and can roll it down again; similar to the > icon to the left of the SU tray titles)

- (New-ish) another pipette next to the color selection on the dialogue that will let you update the current material's colour to any pixel value from the screen. (One against both the Tint Colour and Fade Colour)

- (Re-instated) change the dialogue's title to match/include the material name. {This had been implemented from another wishlist, but is missing from the latest few releases}

• Official Post

Gadget , thank you. The corresponding pipette feature request has been filed accordingly. :)

• Addition to this request: I would like to be able to keep the material editor on top of the Enscape window.

Currently, the main Sketchup window jumps on top of Enscape when I press a button.

The settings window is working fine, please make the material window like that as well.

• Official Post

Thanks a lot Thijs , I've added your feedback to the corresponding story on our agenda. :)

• Official Post

+1 for me

Added! :)