Enscape 3.2 CRASHING MAIN Thread (Please post here)

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi,

I have recently downloaded the latest version 3.2. I have managed a few renders however now i get the error message below;

I have tried updating NVIDIA settings however this has not resolved the issue. How can a fix this to enable me to render screenshots again?

• Official Post

We are investigating some behaviors which may cause crashing in 3.2 - Please also send us a Feedback report as the others have already done as well so that we can further troubleshoot the cause behind this as quickly as possible. Thank you!

• I am having the same issue as everyone else here.

I downloaded 3.2 and it is crashing when I try and render a screenshot.

It also crashes Sketchup.

I have sent the incident report.

I attached a screenshot of the issue.

Also, I should say, I did a test and when I render something very simple, the issue doesn't happen. It renders as normal.

Thanks

• Official Post

I have one user who I've just upgraded from 2.7 to 3.2 (uninstalled 2.7 manually)

Now she's hanging at the Enscape Loading screen.

Is there any way to send a report without a model loaded?

Of course - Check out how to send in a report here. Enscape does not have to be active when submitting the Feedback report itself. Thank you in advance! :)

• Hello.

I have updated Enscape from 3.1.2+55592 to 3.2.0+62705. Previously using 3.1.2, I had warnings that my graphics card was "too old" but Enscape still opened in a new window and I was able to use Enscape 3.1.2 as normal.

Now, having upgraded and installed Enscape 3.2.0, I get the same graphics card warning, the Enscape window opens but freezes at 5% and will go not further.

What is the issue?

• Same problem here,.. on different workstations

(Using REVIT with HP Z2 and Quadro P4000 )

When rendering and exporting image we got an Enscape crash

We had to uninstall 3.2.0 version and get back to the previous one (3.1.2) more reliable

• Official Post

To anyone who experiences crashes, or stuck loading screens, or similar, please submit a Feedback report to us - Otherwise we'll mostly not be able to give you a concrete description as to why you experience this, as such a crash can generally be caused by many different things. Through the log files and machine information on the other hand we can do our best to troubleshoot this behavior as quickly as possible.

• It seems like the new version needs more VRAM than the previous one, can be right? Also moving in Enscape has become slow and not very fluid, until the previous release all movements was smooth with no problem for my GPU.

• Hello. I updated one of our Enscape PCs to the latest 3.2 update and have been experiencing the same crashing issue whenever you render an image. I reverted back to Enscape 3.1.2 which always worked fine. Rendering scenes works again, however since reverting back, Enscape will not show Sketchup sections. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Sketchup and Enscape. Have reinstalled the latest Nvidia graphics drivers. Nothing works and Enscape will not show sections any more using 3.1.2. Attached is a screen grab with Sketchup and Enscape running side by side. Note you can see where the section line is in the pool, but the rest of the model won't cut the section. When I install Enscape 3.2 again, sections will show up, but it can't render because it crashes every time. Our other machine which is running Enscape 3.1.2 and was never upgraded to 3.2 shows sections fine. This is very frustrating as a lot of our scenes are rendered using section cuts. We are now down to one functioning machine. Please help.

• ALL, I HAVE ISOLATED THE PROBLEM.

I went through and saved screens turning each layer on one at a time and found out when it crashes. It seems to be an issue with the enscape tree assets. Maybe it's how the light is calculated through it, but once I turned it off, the screenshot could be saved. Obviously this is a serious bug and I'm hoping that you guys come up with a fix soon (rolling back my drivers which will affect other software on my computer is not acceptable).

For now, you can roll back to the previous version of Enscape and it will save fine with the trees.

• Official Post

It seems like the new version needs more VRAM than the previous one, can be right? Also moving in Enscape has become slow and not very fluid, until the previous release all movements was smooth with no problem for my GPU.

It depends on which version you've upgraded to 3.2, but the newly added raytraced sun-shadows could also influence your performance. To see if that makes a difference you can try disabling it in the Rendering tab of the General Settings. Make sure to also have DLSS/Denoiser enabled for a better performance/image quality if you're using an NVIDIA card.

Marlies1 , Kevin , if you haven't already please of course also send in a Feedback report with your log files. Thank you very much.

ALL, I HAVE ISOLATED THE PROBLEM.

I went through and saved screens turning each layer on one at a time and found out when it crashes. It seems to be an issue with the enscape tree assets. Maybe it's how the light is calculated through it, but once I turned it off, the screenshot could be saved. Obviously this is a serious bug and I'm hoping that you guys come up with a fix soon (rolling back my drivers which will affect other software on my computer is not acceptable).

For now, you can roll back to the previous version of Enscape and it will save fine with the trees.

Thanks a lot - We have also received your Feedback report and will analyze it further.

• Nede mentioned a problem with movement. I am having this problem as well in 3.2, along with the crashing when rendering a screen shot.

The screenshot is not aligning with my Sketchup scene, and moving it around to create a scene in Enscape has become impossible.

Does anyone know how to revert back to the previous version of Enscape?

I have a big project due today.

I did get an email responce from Enscape to a crash report. I was advised to update my Nvidia driver. I had already done that directly thru Nvidia's web site.

• Official Post

Benetodog , thanks a lot for the Feedback - Regarding the crashing first thing (which may be related to the movement issues due to performance problems as well), I've also located your report myself now and our developers stated it would be great if we could also receive the project with which you experience crashes in 3.2. If you also experience them in a blank scene, let me know as well, please.

I will send you a safe upload link through which you could transfer the files confidentially via the created case/ticket of yours as an e-mail. And we also highly appreciate your efforts.

Generally, to anyone who has not sent in a report yet, please do so and if projects that were working fine with Enscape 3.1 are now causing a crash (while using the same settings), it would be great if you could mention that alongside, ideally sending us the (or a) project with which we could try to reproduce this, to, of course, resolve this as quickly as possible.

• Official Post

IMPORTANT: We've also just released a dedicated hotfix, please try it out to see if this resolves your crashing!

Simply acquire and re-install our latest release once more and try to start Enscape as usual. If you still experience a crash, please follow the steps in my previous post above.