Enscape 3.2 CRASHING MAIN Thread (Please post here)

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Please follow my instructions here:

RE: Enscape 3.2 CRASHING MAIN Thread (Please post here)

We appreciate the cooperation.

• It depends on which version you've upgraded to 3.2, but the newly added raytraced sun-shadows could also influence your performance. To see if that makes a difference you can try disabling it in the Rendering tab of the General Settings. Make sure to also have DLSS/Denoiser enabled for a better performance/image quality if you're using an NVIDIA card.

Marlies1 , Kevin , if you haven't already please of course also send in a Feedback report with your log files. Thank you very much.

Thanks a lot - We have also received your Feedback report and will analyze it further.

I've send a feedback report through Sketchup with the same text. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

• Official Post

I've send a feedback report through Sketchup with the same text. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you so much - We've received it and will further analyze the cause behind your problems.

• Just downloaded 3.2.0+63301 and I've now had two installs reboot without asking.
    I'm installing using this line in a batch file
    start /w msiexec.exe /i "C:\TEMP\%ENSCAPEVER%.msi" /passive SKIPREQUIREMENTS=1 ACCEPTEULA=1 ALLUSERS=1 INSTALLLEVEL=1

Where the %ENSCAPEVERISON% is set above to than name of the downloaded msi

Same process I've been using for years

• I have been emailing different people at Enscape along with posting on this forum.

I got an answer from Ensacpe this morning. I was told that my graphic card will no longer support Enscape.

I am not sure why Enscape would put out an update that will render hundreds of users (probably) graphics cards obsolete.

I am now trying to figure out how, what and where I can get a new graphic card. Hardware is not my thing!

This is very disappointed. Good news is, the old version works.

• You are right. I've tried the new enscape version with a better GPU with more VRAM and no problem at all! So I suppose it's not a bug but a change in hardware requirements...

• ArchiCAD 23, GTX 3080 latest drivers. Win 10. Crashes on launch every time. Sketchup works fine.

Have to revert to 3.1 for now which is a pain as 3.2 has much better Oculus support (and of course the better assets).

Not sure if its something to do with assets placed in version 3.1 in a file trying to open in 3.2???

Otherwise sent the logs etc.

• Official Post

Unfortunately, the NVIDIA GeForce MX150 you're using is not meeting our minimum system requirements anymore indeed. That is mostly because this card only has 2GB of VRAM, which will in this case unfortunately not be enough for 3.2. To be future-proof, we definitely recommend a dedicated GPU upgrade whenever you have the chance.

Thank you for already sending in logs - We'll check out your Feedback report accordingly.

• Unfortunately, the NVIDIA GeForce MX150 you're using is not meeting our minimum system requirements anymore indeed. That is mostly because this card only has 2GB of VRAM, which will in this case unfortunately not be enough for 3.2. To be future-proof, we definitely recommend a dedicated GPU upgrade whenever you have the chance.

Thank you for already sending in logs - We'll check out your Feedback report accordingly.

Good morning. What is the minimum graphics card needed for 3.2? I am using an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820HQ CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz, with 32.0 GB of RAM with a NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Graphics Card.I am really hoping this supports 3.2?

• Official Post

Welcome to our Forum Sbakos . don't worry, the GTX 1070 still meets our system requirements which you can find here. As everyone else, please also kindly send us a Feedback report as detailed here! Ideally, use your e-mail which you use to sign up into the Forum in the Feedback submission form as well. This way I can also directly find it and forward it to our developers if required.

• Welcome to our Forum Sbakos . don't worry, the GTX 1070 still meets our system requirements which you can find here. As everyone else, please also kindly send us a Feedback report as detailed here! Ideally, use your e-mail which you use to sign up into the Forum in the Feedback submission form as well. This way I can also directly find it and forward it to our developers if required.

Excellent, Demain, thank you very much. I will keep you posted and we all are looking forward to your team resolving this issue. In the meantime, thank you for your support.

• I have recently updated to 3.2.0 .62705 and now Escape crashes repeatedly when trying to export renders < I have tried reducing quality but this does not help, The file I am working with rendered no problem before I updated, has your minimum spec changed?

• Good morning,

Seeing a lot of rendering errors addressed here but what if Enscape 3.2 never gets past the loading screen? When starting Enscape I get the typical loading bar, which hits 5% then disappears, followed by the blue loading screen and then nothing. Left it open all afternoon yesterday and it never progresses, have reinstalled both Enscape and Sketchup multiple times to no avail. Rolling back to 3.1 seems to be my only option at the moment but hoping this gets resolved soon.

Running latest versions of Sketchup & Enscape, Windows 11, and am on an Asus laptop less than 6 months old with an RTX 3070 card. Sent some logs yesterday but will send again shortly, please help?

• Official Post

andbax , with 3.2 you will require a graphics card with at least 4GB of VRAM instead of 2GB in 3.1 - You can check our requirements here.

Charlie Gaidica , we'll check out the report as well, thank you.

• Official Post

Excellent, Demain, thank you very much. I will keep you posted and we all are looking forward to your team resolving this issue. In the meantime, thank you for your support.

Could you also kindly send me your e-mail which you used to submit the report via a DM? Thanks!