Enscape 3.2 CRASHING MAIN Thread (Please post here)

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I have recently updated to 3.2.0 .62705 and now Escape crashes repeatedly when trying to export renders < I have tried reducing quality but this does not help, The file I am working with rendered no problem before I updated, has your minimum spec changed?

Hi andbax, many seem to be having the same issue with 3.2. There is a thread a few pages back that has the link to access the previous 3.1 version, which I switched back to because of this and all worked perfectly. I would recommend, for now, you do this until they can resolve this issue with 3.2. My 2 cents.

• andbax , with 3.2 you will require a graphics card with at least 4GB of VRAM instead of 2GB in 3.1 - You can check our requirements here.

Charlie Gaidica , we'll check out the report as well, thank you.

Thank you Demian Gutberlet! Your quick replies are always appreciated.

Also an update, as I have been able to get 3.2 working in the last half hour. My laptop has both an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU as well as a dedicated AMD Radeon Graphics card, and I have had issues with certain software not knowing which to use in the past. Here are the steps I took:

1. In Graphics settings, set the Enscape client to High Performance, trying to force it to use the RTX 3070. This didn't work on its own, so I then...

2. Went into Device Manager and disabled the AMD Radeon card altogether to force the entire system over the to RTX. Enscape 3.2 started working but was a bit jittery.

3. Lastly, I re-enabled the AMD Radeon card so any software that didn't need to be on the RTX could switch back. I still had Enscape open at this point and it began to run more smoothly.

I have since been able to close the Enscape window (first time it claimed to crash, report was sent) and re-open without any further issues. Rendering and all other functionality seems to be working fine for the moment. Hope this helps some for anyone running the software on a laptop!

• Official Post

Using a RTX 2060 with 6gb and still having issues.

I just saw your previous two reports, but could you please send in another now that you've added the RTX 2060 to your system? That would be very helpful, thank you adbax!

• My team runs 3 systems with RTX2060 GPU I have asked them to send a report when they experience a system crash, I have rolled back to 3.1 and everything works perfectly now ,

• FYI update, on Friday, I sent Josh Radle (from the Enscape team) my response to the email he sent me after he had reviewed my crash report. Josh asked me to install the 12.01.21 hotfix. I did and proceeded to “test” output images in SketchUp with the hotfix. I was able to get through about 9 views, but it crashed again.

As such, I sent the feedback due to this crash also. I'm rolling back to 3.1 until this is resolved. Thanks,

• Official Post

andbax , Sbakos , thank you both for the reports!

• My system with nvidia rtx2070 8GB also crashes when using enscape and revit 2020. 1 rendering was fine (7000x4000px) but another one keeps crashing when looking upwards (sky problem?).

Whats interesting is that the video memory wants to go over 8GB and thats exactly when the render crashes!

So if the camera is looking upwards towards the sky the render will fail with less pixels then the first rendering with more pixels but less sky and glass reflections.

What's also annoying is when the render needs more memory then the graphics card can handle enscape will crash and theres NO warning....

Hope this info helps

• Both 3.2 and 3.3 crashing on launch spash via ArchiCAD here. Have to rollback to get it going. Sketchup appears fine. I've uploaded a few logs via the system and emailed a response to prior crash ticket.

Let's hope we can figure this out quickly as there was a time that it worked well at the start and the new asset placement process seems very handy.

Is there any chance that enscape asset objects placed from a prior version are stuffing up the new versions?

• I am also having issues with crashing on screen shots. My laptop has a Geforce GTX 1650, Intel Core i7-9750 CPU @ 2.60GHZ and 7.80 GB Ram. 3.1 never crashed and I was enjoying the new features on 3.2. I did notice the first crash is when I used the multiple asset insert feature. I grabbed 4 tree types, scattered them and when taking the screen shot, it crashed. I subsequently cut back on some of the trees and was able to take the shot but within tow more, it crashed. There has got to be a reason for this. I am reading people with the RTX chips are having issues too. 3.2 needs a fix and fast. I will be going back to 3.1 until then.

• Our company provided the installer for 3.2 and the updated NVIDIA driver 472.47 and when clicking the Start render button in Revit, the Enscape loading screen spins and spins, and then the Start button comes back to initiate a new render. The Enscape loading screen continues to show and never renders. We, unfortunately, have to have most of our Users uninstall 3.2 and reinstall 3.1. This is frustrating from an Enterprise standpoint.

• ENSCAPE 3.2 Doesn't work, stuck at 5% in revit, and crash, But when I instal the 3.1.2 it works fine, without any changes in my system I've upgraded nvidia drivers, visual basic, everything but still stuck at 5%, for now, I'm sticking with 3.1.2 which works fine!! Does anyone know how to fix this???

• Official Post

Mariusdrawing , MrGrant , Tim , PB32T02 , marioamandio , due to our updated system requirements (a GPU with 4GB instead of 2GB VRAM as the minimum), ongoing AMD chipset driver issues, and generally 3.2 requiring more VRAM, we'll need a dedicated Feedback report from those machines to identify the exact cause of these crashes/issues. If you haven't already, please send us one in, or if you have multiple machines also multiple reports.

We're very sorry that you have to deal with this at the moment - To anyone who wasn't aware, you can always acquire our previous releases here if you wish to reinstall 3.1 for the time being. Even if the report has been sent in after re-installing 3.1, we'll still get all the log files we require so thanks a lot in advance.

• Official Post

i have encounter same problem with Enscape 3.2. Mine is using RTX 3060 which has 6gb VRAM. on any application like revit, sketchup. whenever i start enscape 3.2, it stuck at 5% and crash. 3.12 is no problem like marioamandio's cases. i'm using latest studio driver for GPU. Hope enscape fix it soon

Have you sent in a report? In this case, it does not boil down to a single fix we could implement, so we'll require your Feedback Report plus log files to figure out the exact cause behind your problem. Thank you in advance.