Stutter and Shaking with Oculus Quest 2 (Version 3.2)

• Having the same issue here. I've been using enscape with VR for years now and this is the first time i've had an issue like this. As canon mentioned, its less like there is a quality, lag, graphics issue and more like the headset is just overly sensitive to movement. Its not shaky like lag but it shakes with every tiny move of the headset which is extremely nauseating and disorienting. Its like the whole building is constantly moving all around you rather than it feeling grounded like it has in the past. The whole geometry shouldn't be moving the way that it is.

I also second that even when the headset is just sitting on my desk and im typing which slightly moves the desk the whole model is shaking. Unfortunately, this does make enscape VR impossible to use with clients as even I, with lots of VR experience, am having a really hard time staying in the headset like this for more than a minute or so.

The DLSS, RTX, Denoiser settings make no difference for this project which further convinces me that it isnt a lag issue.

Looking forward to this getting fixed. Thanks!

• To everyone who is currently experiencing issues with the Quest 2 and Enscape VR in our latest releases specifically, please also give our latest preview a try as that should resolve the stuttering issues at hand. You'll also have to (temporarily) install SteamVR to make use of Enscape VR currently.

If you still experience any further problems, please share them here as well so we can further troubleshoot the cause behind them.

• To everyone who is currently experiencing issues with the Quest 2 and Enscape VR in our latest releases specifically, please also give our latest preview a try as that should resolve the stuttering issues at hand. If you still experience any further problems, please share them here as well so we can further troubleshoot the cause behind them.

Thanks for the response! I downloaded the update but now it just gets stuck on the revit loading screen in the oculus headset. Ive left it here for a while, tried redownloading the app and am still unable to get past the loading screen. When i click on the headset button in enscape it goes black in the headest for a few seconds and then goes back to the loading screen. sometimes it just flashes between black and the revit loading screen like it is trying to find the headset but it never does.

• Thanks for the response! I downloaded the update but now it just gets stuck on the revit loading screen in the oculus headset. Ive left it here for a while, tried redownloading the app and am still unable to get past the loading screen. When i click on the headset button in enscape it goes black in the headest for a few seconds and then goes back to the loading screen. sometimes it just flashes between black and the revit loading screen like it is trying to find the headset but it never does.

That's not what is supposed to occur of course - Can you kindly send in a Feedback Report just so we can further troubleshoot this? Thank you in advance! And gladly let me know once the report has been submitted as well.

EDIT: Beforehand, please also make sure to acquire and install SteamVR which is currently required for Enscape VR in our latest preview.

• Thanks for the response! I downloaded the update but now it just gets stuck on the revit loading screen in the oculus headset. Ive left it here for a while, tried redownloading the app and am still unable to get past the loading screen. When i click on the headset button in enscape it goes black in the headest for a few seconds and then goes back to the loading screen. sometimes it just flashes between black and the revit loading screen like it is trying to find the headset but it never does.

I downloaded the preview and installed as the stuttering / chaotic movements in the VR environment in the previous version using the headset was unusable. After running the preview version, Enscape was not able to connect to the Oculus 2 headset, it displayed "Searching for head mounted display" and never moved forward

• I downloaded the preview and installed as the stuttering / chaotic movements in the VR environment in the previous version using the headset was unusable. After running the preview version, Enscape was not able to connect to the Oculus 2 headset, it displayed "Searching for head mounted display" and never moved forward

Welcome to our Forum!

I'm sorry to hear about that.

In the very first instance, please make sure to also acquire and install SteamVR which is currently required to make use of Enscape VR in our latest preview. If you still experience any further problems. let me know. Having to use SteamVR is also just temporary, while we're sorting further issues out.

• Hi Demian Gutberlet and all folks here,,

I'm also using the Quest 2 for testing Enscape's VR.

I can confirm several thing:

1. RT definitely has much higher performance impact on VR;

2. Stuttering happens If my PC couldn't handle the scene complexity and set resolution output. We need to find balance between scene complexity (number of polygons/faces in a scene), visual quality (draft, medium, high, ultra), and resolution;

4. Based on my testing, Virtual Desktop perform better than Oculus Link / Air Link, since Virtual Desktop has easier resolution and image quality setting. I could easily reduce VR resolution through Virtual Desktop's presets (Low, Med, High, etc);

5. If I want to use airlink Oculus Link, I need to tweak the settings using Oculus Debug Tool (reducing bitrate, render resolution, etc), try changing the settings incrementally to get optimal result.

Overall, Virtual Desktop works very well for me.. One downside of Virtual Desktop is I need to dedicate a wifi router just for my PC and my Quest

• Hi everyone

Demian Gutberlet I have done what you have said. I sendt feedback from within Enscape. Do you guys have an ETA on a fix? Im using this with clients aswell and this issue makes VR completely unusable as people get VR sickness within seconds.

I will use the older version until you have sent out a hotfix.

Thanks again.

- Sebastian

• Just to make sure, you've installed SteamVR and also acquired/installed our latest preview (version 7 at this point)? Also, it seems you've sent us a Feedback report with a different e-mail you're using for the Forum? Just to make sure we've received it accordingly.

Thank you also in advance for any further replies.

• Just to make sure, you've installed SteamVR and also acquired/installed our latest preview (version 7 at this point)? Also, it seems you've sent us a Feedback report with a different e-mail you're using for the Forum? Just to make sure we've received it accordingly.

Thank you also in advance for any further replies.

Hi Demian

Thank you for such a quick reply.

I must admit, I have not tried the Preview version. I shall try later today and reply back, when done. I always use SteamVR and Oculus Software and have them running in the background.

Thanks again!

- Sebastian

• Thanks for the quick reply too!

The Preview should definitley help - Let me know if you still run into further problems then, please.

• Demian Gutberlet—

Could Meta (Oculus) group directly help with the issue?

Meta can help software developers. They want the 3rd party software developers to successfully use the Quest2.

No shame in asking for assistance from Meta. That is why I am here on forum, asking for help from you to grow my knowledge from you.

• Demian Gutberlet—

Could Meta (Oculus) group directly help with the issue?

Meta can help software developers. They want the 3rd party software developers to successfully use the Quest2.

No shame in asking for assistance from Meta. That is why I am here on forum, asking for help from you to grow my knowledge from you.

As mentioned, the Preview itself resolves particular issues in regards to Quest 2 compatibility which are still present in our release - Please give our latest preview a try if you haven't already, and kindly report back if you still experience any further problems. :) Thanks!