Sketchup crash at Enscape end of loading

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • hello everyone,

Everything was working perfectly and since a week, I can start sketchup 2021, modelize what I need.

Then when I launch Enscape, when it reach 100% of loading, the picture on Enscape Freeze (some materials are still not loaded) and it makes Sketchup crashing.

No way to make it works even by trying 20 times.

Any helps on this ?

Thanks,

Sébastien

• Go to Best Answer
    • Official Post

We're investigating current behaviors that may cause crashes in 3.2. - There is an ongoing thread here as well to which you can refer which will be updated once we have found a solution. Still, some crashes may not be related to 3.2 specifically, so please also send us a Feedback report as detailed here, and gladly let me know once you've done so that I can check it out directly, to either give you a solution directly or forward it to our developers.

• Best Answer
    • Official Post

Thanks exprim - We're going to also release a hotfix very soon which may resolve your specific problem judging by the log files (graphics card driver related) - If that doesn't do the trick, it would be very good to know so that we can troubleshoot this even further. I'll send you the link to this version once it's ready, but please also refer to the main thread in the future.

Thank you very much, and I am of course sorry that you have to deal with this inconvenience at the moment. We're working under pressure to find a solution to this as quickly as possible if the hotfix doesn't do it.

• Enscape-3.2.0+62705 does not work
    Enscape-3.1.2+55592 now no longer works when it used to work

I have same issue, after Enscape 3.2 crashed all the time I rolled back to 3.1 but that crashes now at 5% loading (taking Revit with it).

Seems like I need to roll back all the way to 3.0.? Very embarrassing giving that I am giving a training tomorrow....

• It's pretty embarrassing to have a production software wreck so many peoples machines to the point that they can't even open the software at all. That's a major QoS failure and it's not been resolved or addressed in 2 week since it's been released. I had a client presentation today as well and thankfully I prepped for it early. I also upped a 1 year contract today so it has me extra concerned.

• Official Post

jlo , have you sent in a Feedback report already, as I cannot find any tied to the e-mail used for this Forum. If you haven't, please do so as detailed here so that we have a report to forward to our developers. The ongoing crashes are currently not easily tied to a single cause to offer an overall solution I'm afraid, so we're investigating those cases in which it's not a VRAM issue (Enscape 3.2 requires 4GB of VRAM now instead of 2GB).

Pieter , if possible, please also try to install 3.2.0+63301, as that is the hotfix version that came out a couple of days ago that already resolved ongoing issues with the latest NVIDIA drivers.

jlo , you can try this version as well but we should be able to troubleshoot this further once we have your report. If you sent one in already, it would be great if you could DM me your e-mail used in the submission form.

• I just assumed you would have fixed it at this point. Feedback just sent from 3.0 version. I assume it collects logs from all versions of enscape? It doesn't show me the logs as far as I can see to validate. I have a 16gb vram AMD card so I don't think it's vram related or nvidia related (although I do have a 2nd nvidia card in the same machine - it's not the primary card or the one skp uses). I tried enscape v63301 yesterday and just now that did not resolve the issue.

• Pieter , if possible, please also try to install 3.2.0+63301, as that is the hotfix version that came out a couple of days ago that already resolved ongoing issues with the latest NVIDIA drivers.

Thank you. I have that installed and will let you know if it starts crashing again :)

• Official Post

I just assumed you would have fixed it at this point. Feedback just sent from 3.0 version. I assume it collects logs from all versions of enscape? It doesn't show me the logs as far as I can see to validate. I have a 16gb vram AMD card so I don't think it's vram related or nvidia related (although I do have a 2nd nvidia card in the same machine - it's not the primary card or the one skp uses). I tried enscape v63301 yesterday and just now that did not resolve the issue.

We're always receiving the log files from every Enscape version when you submit a report.

Further, we wish there was a single fix as mentioned, but some incompatibilities were also not directly caused by us (e.g. faulty AMD chipset drivers which had to be reverted to a prior version) and there are simply too many combinations of systems all with different drivers so a Feedback report is in almost all cases very helpful. Of course, ideally, it would not be necessary but, we received your report and can now analyze it further. You will hear back from me via the created case.