Best NVIDIA Settings for VR?

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • My firm just bought a pc with a GeForce RTX 3090 card and has a Vive Pro 2 headset. What are the recommended Nvidia/Steam VR/Enscape settings so that VR runs as smooth and as clear and crisp as possible?

In the past while running Enscape and VR, some materials will "glitter". Same as posted here: Glittering textures with VR

My hope is that the best settings will help fix this main problem. Thanks

• Go to Best Answer
  • jnurnberger

Changed the title of the thread from “Best Nvidia and Settings for VR?” to “Best NVIDIA Settings for VR?”.
  • My firm just bought a pc with a GeForce RTX 3090 card and has a Vive Pro 2 headset. What are the recommended Nvidia/Steam VR/Enscape settings so that VR runs as smooth and as clear and crisp as possible?

In the past while running Enscape and VR, some materials will "glitter". Same as posted here: Glittering textures with VR

Had the same problem w/ grass as seen here. Turning off DLSS will "fix" the problems though performance might take a rather large hit.

• Best Answer
    • Official Post

My firm just bought a pc with a GeForce RTX 3090 card and has a Vive Pro 2 headset. What are the recommended Nvidia/Steam VR/Enscape settings so that VR runs as smooth and as clear and crisp as possible?

As mentioned above already, turning DLSS off should fix this since DLSS, in general, is not something which is usually used for VR, at least not that I'm aware of since the picture quality downgrade so to speak is just too much inside a virtual reality headset since the image gets stretched over a Field of View of at least 90 degrees. On a 2D screen, on the other hand, DLSS usually works great, but obviously, you're sitting a lot further away from the image so to speak.

Let me know if turning off DLSS doesn't do the trick generally.

• As mentioned above already, turning DLSS off should fix this since DLSS, in general, is not something which is usually used for VR, at least not that I'm aware of since the picture quality downgrade so to speak is just too much inside a virtual reality headset since the image gets stretched over a Field of View of at least 90 degrees. On a 2D screen, on the other hand, DLSS usually works great, but obviously, you're sitting a lot further away from the image so to speak.

Would it be possible to have a DLSS switch for standalones, either as an export option or directly in the standalone itself? Often I use DLSS for speeding up renders but end up exporting a Standalone w/ DLSS activated which kinda sucks.

• As mentioned above already, turning DLSS off should fix this since DLSS, in general, is not something which is usually used for VR, at least not that I'm aware of since the picture quality downgrade so to speak is just too much inside a virtual reality headset since the image gets stretched over a Field of View of at least 90 degrees. On a 2D screen, on the other hand, DLSS usually works great, but obviously, you're sitting a lot further away from the image so to speak.

Switching off the DLSS button does solve this problem. Thanks you! Having an RTX 3090 graphics card does help enormously with VR. Movement is smoother and objects and edges are especially crisper. Highly recommended if one can afford one