Roadmap for the Video editor

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Creating fly-throughs are a big aspect of my daily job and with all the comments regarding the 3.0 video editor - what is the roadmap for having it completely reworked?
    I installed 3.2 yesterday, tested out the new content tried the video editor for some time and went right back to 2.9. The new features just don't carry enough weight to upgrade. I'm not going to rehash all the same comments but, I now firmly believe that the video editor should have the highest priority over all upcoming updates, even the render viewport on top?....still blown away that isn't done X/

Cheers!

• I completely agree... It just seems VERY counter-intuitive...

1. When changing the TIMESTAMP of any key frame DO NOT ADJUST THE OVERALL TIME..
      1. This is the only way to SLOW DOWN, PAUSE the flow of the movie
      2. But when it simply PROPORTIONS all times to match the adjusted time, it does nothing
    2. Do NOT make the relative distance between keyframes the only factor in determining the TIME.
      1. I virtually ALWAYS want to end with a very small movement that takes a lot of time.
    3. Allow us to graphically adjust the TIME SPACING in the sequence bar at the bottom
    4. Allow adjustments to the IN BETWEEN Keyframes on the path (to avoid flying thru elements)
      1. I like Archicad's Bezier handles that can shape the path
  • Creating fly-throughs are a big aspect of my daily job and with all the comments regarding the 3.0 video editor - what is the roadmap for having it completely reworked?
    I installed 3.2 yesterday, tested out the new content tried the video editor for some time and went right back to 2.9. The new features just don't carry enough weight to upgrade. I'm not going to rehash all the same comments but, I now firmly believe that the video editor should have the highest priority over all upcoming updates, even the render viewport on top?....still blown away that isn't done X/

Cheers!

+1

• Best Answer
    • Official Post

I'm genuinely sorry that you are not happy with the video editor in its current state, and I can understand that as well. As always, all of your input has been forwarded to the product management team - We'll have to see from here how we're going to adjust this particular feature to satisfy everyone as best as possible.

• It is indeed frustrating when new features (which don't really help workflow) are added while bugs/flaws that hinder workflow are being ignored. I was also one of the users who strongly complained about the video editor as soon as it was badly changed. It's been a while, but nothing has changed about that.

• I completely agree... It just seems VERY counter-intuitive...

1. When changing the TIMESTAMP of any key frame DO NOT ADJUST THE OVERALL TIME..
      1. This is the only way to SLOW DOWN, PAUSE the flow of the movie
      2. But when it simply PROPORTIONS all times to match the adjusted time, it does nothing
    2. Do NOT make the relative distance between keyframes the only factor in determining the TIME.
      1. I virtually ALWAYS want to end with a very small movement that takes a lot of time.
    3. Allow us to graphically adjust the TIME SPACING in the sequence bar at the bottom
    4. Allow adjustments to the IN BETWEEN Keyframes on the path (to avoid flying thru elements)
      1. I like Archicad's Bezier handles that can shape the path

+1

• Demian Gutberlet How high of a priority is fixing the current video editor? Is this something that could be added to the 3.3 roadmap (how flexible is the roadmap) or is this something that's going to be pushed off until 3.4 or beyond?

• I'm genuinely sorry that you are not happy with the video editor in its current state, and I can understand that as well. As always, all of your input has been forwarded to the product management team - We'll have to see from here how we're going to adjust this particular feature to satisfy everyone as best as possible.

Demian Gutberlet

"satisfy everyone as best as possible" Does this mean there are users who are satisfied with how the current video editors work, especially among users who create videos a lot?

• Official Post

Demian Gutberlet

"satisfy everyone as best as possible" Does this mean there are users who are satisfied with how the current video editors work, especially among users who create videos a lot?

Pardon the confusion - We're more than aware that the majority of our users are not satisfied with our current video editor implementation, I'm sorry in case my message made it seem that way. What I wanted to say with this is that we're still recording any Feedback we receive and from there on we'll act accordingly.

• Pardon the confusion - We're more than aware that the majority of our users are not satisfied with our current video editor implementation, I'm sorry in case my message made it seem that way. What I wanted to say with this is that we're still recording any Feedback we receive and from there on we'll act accordingly.

Thank you for the acknowledgement. Hope the the video editor gets fixed soon. In the meantime, please just switch back the old video editor version so that users can use functional video editor with the latest Enscape version.

• Official Post

Chiming in - love Enscape products, recommended it to my whole office, but this newest video editor has got to go ASAP.. or just bring the old editor back, the current version is almost unusable.

Please also kindly voice your concerns to our product management team directly through our Enscape Public Voting Portal. We appreciate all the input we can get.

• Demian Gutberlet how often will the voting portal be updated? With the exception of the support for new yearly program updates none of the suggestions I have submitted or ones I've seen other people have commented about submitting have been added. Is this going to be a monthly update thing or will it only be updated when the biannual program updates happen?

• Please also kindly voice your concerns to our product management team directly through our Enscape Public Voting Portal. We appreciate all the input we can get.

It sucks that we have to write in full reports anytime we want to add our voice to an issue raised by some else. On multiple occasions in the last few weeks somebody posted something here and I was like "yes! totally agree", but for that vote to get registered I now have to go and write out a whole use case on the platform...

Also, I wonder what ideas Tearch has posted that I might agree on. I will never know, until they are pre-selected...

As things stand right now, I much preferred the forum to discuss feedback. At least it was a two way street.

• For crying out loud. The problems with the video editor were first discussed last May! Video editor 2nd to last keyframe change keeps shifting video duration

This is a core function of the software that still has not been fixed for the better part of a year at this point. Fix it! There shouldn't be a need for people to keep sending in requests for something like this.

• Official Post

It sucks that we have to write in full reports anything we want to add our voice to an issue raised by some else. On multiple occasions in the last few weeks somebody posted something here and I was like "yes! totally agree", but for that vote to get registered I now have to go and write out a whole use case on the platform...

Also, I wonder what ideas Tearch has posted that I might agree on. I will never know, until they are pre-selected...

As things stand right now, I much preferred the forum to discuss feedback. At least it was a two way street.

Thanks for the Feedback Pieter. Allow me to make it clear that I still think and know Forum discussions are and will always be important, even vital for a healthy platform - Pardon if you did not get that impression, which I understand since it may seem that my posts referring to the portal are a way to move every Feedback there, which is not the case what so ever.

We want to gather as much Feedback as possible of course and since the portal is new I'm still referring to it quite often, but I'll also add in the "Manual" that every topic can or even should still be freely and openly discussed here in this Forum. In the end, the portal has still been created of course to allow anyone here to forward whatever they want to product management directly. But again, any of this Feedback that is being forwarded can gladly be shared here in this Forum too! And once again, pardon if that wasn't made entirely clear yet.

Demian Gutberlet how often will the voting portal be updated? With the exception of the support for new yearly program updates none of the suggestions I have submitted or ones I've seen other people have commented about submitting have been added. Is this going to be a monthly update thing or will it only be updated when the biannual program updates happen?

At least currently there is no specific time schedule when it comes to the portals "Under Consideration" section as to when new things are added exactly, but of course, there will be new additions coming overtime - On the other hand, the "In Development" and "Version Number"-Section is updated routinely with every major release.

For crying out loud. The problems with the video editor were first discussed last May! Video editor 2nd to last keyframe change keeps shifting video duration

This is a core function of the software that still has not been fixed for the better part of a year at this point. Fix it! There shouldn't be a need for people to keep sending in requests for something like this.

I understand the frustration. I really do, especially since we have not improved/updated the video editor with any previous releases after the release with which the rehaul came itself - After having another talk with PM you can be assured that the Editor is getting a major overhaul accordingly, it's just that there is no ETA I can give yet, and I don't want to make any promises which we may not be able to keep.

I also know this answer is not very satisfying. But that is the current status I can share.

• My journey with video editing has been quite an evolution, especially after transitioning from Mac to Windows. While using Mac, iMovie was my go-to for its simplicity and effectiveness in handling basic video editing tasks. It was perfect for my needs then, being user-friendly and intuitive for beginners.

However, when I switched to a Windows system, I faced the challenge of finding an iMovie equivalent that would maintain functionality. That's when I stumbled upon Movavi Video Editor, which I found through https://www.movavi.com/. Initially, I sought an essential replacement, but Movavi was much more than that. It offered a plethora of advanced features, which was a pleasant surprise.

The creative filters and pro-level transitions were particularly impressive, adding a polished touch to my projects that I hadn't been able to achieve with iMovie. The Chroma Key feature was a standout, allowing me to experiment with background changes in a way I hadn't before. This feature alone opened up a new realm of creativity for me. Moreover, the audio-editing tools in Movavi provided a level of control over sound that was significantly more advanced than what I was used to.