Is there a easy why to Duplicates my own custom asset, if i want the same chair in another colors in my custom asset

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi

Is there a easy why to Duplicates my own custom asset, if i want the same chair in another colors in my custom asset.

I am working on a project, where i am going to use chairs in different colors,

is there something i can do to make a duplicate of an asset i already made and then change the color of the object.

• You can't easily duplicate assets at this point. There's a complicated workaround by doing it manually inside the asset project but it's tedious.

Consider adding your support to this feature request, so that duplicating assets for material variations would become unnecessary: RE: Changing materials

• You can't easily duplicate assets at this point. There's a complicated workaround by doing it manually inside the asset project but it's tedious.

Consider adding your support to this feature request, so that duplicating assets for material variations would become unnecessary: RE: Changing materials

Hi Pieter

I have added my support to the feature request. :thumbup:

You say that there is a tedious way. do you know where i can learn about that way? Because at the moment i can't find original OBJ model i did use. I there a channel on this forum, that explain it?

Thanks

• You will need an archive editor that can edit archived (so not winzip). I recommend the free and open source 7zip program

1. Locate the Asset Project in windows explorer and Duplicate it
    2. Generate a new GUID on https://www.guidgenerator.com/
    3. Replace the long number at the end of the copied project with the new GUID (make sure to remove "copy" at the end)
    4. Right click the project -> 7zip -> open archive
    5. Delete output.zip
    6. Right click “projectinfo.json” -> edit
    7. Replace the GUID with the newly generated GUID
    8. CTRL+S (save)
    9. Close (7zip will ask whether you want to save changes, say “yes”)
    10. Open the asset library, go to custom, click the + sign to load the asset editor
    11. Load the duplicated project using “Open Project”, make edits, generate thumbnail and click “Generate Asset”

Tedious, as you can see ;)