Trial just finished - a question about standalone exe mode.

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi,

We've just finished out trial time of Enscape; and we're quite impressed!

Our workflow at the moment uses Lumion for our rendering, and while there is some overlap with Enscape, the real-time aspects of Enscape far surpass what Lumion is capable of.

I tried it out on a very basic Cardboard-based VR (using an old Samsung Galaxy and an even older Xbox controller) and was very impressed! I'm saying this as a Vive user - I have a Vive at home, but I haven't tried Enscape with that yet (and I'm not bringing my preciousssss Vive into work - if they want one they can buy it!); however I can see from just the crude VR version it will be very good.

I have a question about the exportable EXE version - actually a few questions:

Will VR (Vive or OR) work with the portable EXE or does this require full Enscape / Revit?

Can portable files be made for systems other than Windows? In particular MacOS?

Can the graphics in the EXE be changable like the full version, or are they just static?

Thanks! Hopefully I can now convince mgt to spend some money (not much, I know) and buy a licence!

Adrian Esdaile

Billard Leece Partnership

Sydney-Melbourne, Australia

• Will VR (Vive or OR) work with the portable EXE or does this require full Enscape / Revit?

Can portable files be made for systems other than Windows? In particular MacOS?

Can the graphics in the EXE be changable like the full version, or are they just static?

Thanks for trying Enscape!

1. Yes, just enable VR before exporting the exe file. Details can be found here: https://enscape3d.com/knowledgebase/standalone-export/
    2. Currently it's Windows only.
    3. The graphics (settings) can not be changed. Only the things that are accessible via keyboard/mouse, such as navigation, time of day and icons on/off.

Allowing to change further options (waypoints etc) in the EXE file is something that will be added.

• It would be great if the graphics settings could be changed, rather than needing to have a number of several hundred meg files just to have different appearances.

Colin.Magner This is on our agenda as well!