Revit crasching when exporting IFC (Resolved with 3.3.1)

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
    • Official Post

JSANDERS , this issue should be resolved with our latest Enscape 3.3 preview 5 which you can acquire here:

https://enscape3d.com/preview/

There may still be some ongoing issues regarding this specific behavior, so if that is the case for your users as well, please also kindly tell them to submit us a further Feedback Report which I can then forward to our developers.

• JSANDERS , this issue should be resolved with our latest Enscape 3.3 preview 5 which you can acquire here:

https://enscape3d.com/preview/

There may still be some ongoing issues regarding this specific behavior, so if that is the case for your users as well, please also kindly tell them to submit us a further Feedback Report which I can then forward to our developers.

Hello Demian, I installed prevew version 3.3 with the link your shared. I tried on both Revit versions :

- Revit 2022 : After pressing the export IFC button, Revit crashes. I have sent a feedback report.
    - Revit 2021 : After pressing the export IFC button, Revit doesn't crash.

May I also note that I have installed the IFC 2021 Exporter from Autodesk : https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/…ex?id=7265544480016320144 Maybe this helps in a way ?

Still this is very problematic for our company, hopefully the devs can fix this fast since the solution seems to have been found by some excellent work from people in this thread.

• Official Post

Thanks a lot for sending in the Report and providing us with further info, we'll have a closer look accordingly.

Hi, I updated our Enscape 3.2 installation with the 3.3 preview but the issue still ramains on my computer. I have Revit 2020, 2021 and 2022 installed and the issue is on all versions of Revit.

If you haven't already, please also send us a Feedback Report and gladly let me know once you've done so so we can have a look as well.

• Hello there.

Id like to confirm that the new preview version seems to work with the IFC Exporter.

Enscape version 3.3 Preview

IFC Exporter version - 22.4.0.0
    Revit 2022 version - 22.1.21.13 20220123_1515(x64) 2022.1.2

JSANDERS

you need to reinstall the IFC exporter for the newest revit version else it will keep the 2021 version in the 2022 revit version and that will definitely crash.

https://github.com/Autodesk/re…eleases/tag/IFC_v22.4.1.0

here is a downloadlink for the newest IFC exporter

• Official Post

Hello there.

Id like to confirm that the new preview version seems to work with the IFC Exporter.

Enscape version 3.3 Preview

IFC Exporter version - 22.4.0.0
    Revit 2022 version - 22.1.21.13 20220123_1515(x64) 2022.1.2

I'm glad to hear that - Thank you very much for the Feedback.

• Hi, I have now tested some more and here are my results. I have tested on two computers. Both are reacently installed from scratch with our companys windows 10 image.

These are the Revit versions we are running and the IFC exporters

Revit 2020, 20.0.50.77, 20210804_1515(x64), 2020.2.5

IFC 20.3.3.0

Revit 2021, 21.1.50.27. 21211018_1515(x64). 2021.1.5

IFC 21.4.2.0

Revit 2022,22.1.1.516, 20210921_1515(x64), 2022.1

IFC 22.3.0.0

On Computer 1 I just installed Enscape 3.2.0.63301 and on Computer 2 I have installed the Preview release, 3.3.0.69203.

On computer 1

Revit 2020 - works!

Revit 2021 - works!

Revit 2022 - crash!

On computer 2

All versions of Revit crashes, and it also did before upgrading to the Preview release.

On computer 1 I installed the preview release of Enscape but 2022 still crashes. 2020 and 2021 works.

On Computer 2 I installed IFC 22.4.1.0 but it made no difference. All versions of Revit still craches.

On Computer 1 I uninstalled Enscape, run the IFC export on all Revit versions, re-installed Enscape Preview release and now it all works. I can imagine that it will work on computer 2 aswell, but it is still a workaround and no real solution.

As far as I can see the 3.3 version doesn't fix the issue.

• Official Post

Confirmned, I had to uninstalled enscpe 3.3 preview to get IFC to work.

Complete crash no warning, didnt show IFC export dialouge either.

3.3.0.-preview.5+69203

Thank you both lot for the further Feedback - Just in case you haven't already since the preview does not resolve this problem at hand on these mentioned machines, please also send us a report including log files. Feel free to also let me know once you've done so and we can have a look ourselves.

• Thank you both lot for the further Feedback - Just in case you haven't already since the preview does not resolve this problem at hand on these mentioned machines, please also send us a report including log files. Feel free to also let me know once you've done so and we can have a look ourselves.

I sent the log files just the other day. I sent from all Revit versions on the computer that still have the issue. If you haven't recived them, let me know.

• Official Post

I sent the log files just the other day. I sent from all Revit versions on the computer that still have the issue. If you haven't recived them, let me know.

As a heads up, this will be resolved with our next upcoming preview, or full release 3.3 soon. Just in case you weren't made aware yet. :)

• As a heads up, this will be resolved with our next upcoming preview, or full release 3.3 soon. Just in case you weren't made aware yet. :)

Not sure if this has been solved as well but there seems to be a new crash. The old one happend when clicking export ifc now its crashing when you want to change the settings of the export like in this video.:

https://streamable.com/dt2jgj

I uninstalled Enscape and it worked without it so there seems to be another friction. I downloaded the latest Preview Enscape version.

• Hi,

After a bit of testing with the 3.3 update it seems like it not solves the issue. But now Revit crashes when trying to modify the IFC export settings. It now works to access the Export IFC tool, and it works to select a standard setting and make an export. But when trying to access the modify export settings Revit crashes. Or rather, in 2020 Revit crashes when trying to access the modify settings. In 2021 and 2022 I can access the modify settings but when I klick OK or Cancel Revit crashes. I made a screen video, https://white.egnyte.com/dl/DSH815WsEJ.

• Hi,

After a bit of testing with the 3.3 update it seems like it not solves the issue. But now Revit crashes when trying to modify the IFC export settings. It now works to access the Export IFC tool, and it works to select a standard setting and make an export. But when trying to access the modify export settings Revit crashes. Or rather, in 2020 Revit crashes when trying to access the modify settings. In 2021 and 2022 I can access the modify settings but when I klick OK or Cancel Revit crashes. I made a screen video, https://white.egnyte.com/dl/DSH815WsEJ.

Have to agree, that new version doesnt fix problem with IFC Export

• Official Post

Hi,

Have to agree, that new version doesnt fix problem with IFC Export

Yes I can confirm as well the 3.3 version just moved the crash from cant open the IFC Export manager to when adapting the IFC specifics it crashes

If possible, please also send us a Feedback report after you've tried 3.3 - We'll investigate this issue further in the meantime.

• Best Answer
    • Official Post

Hi, I tested the latest release and it looks like the issue is solved. I will test some more on another computer. Can someone else test and confirm that it works?

I can confirm that this issue should be resolved accordingly with the latest service pack (3.3.1) indeed - If you still run into any unwanted behavior, let me know of course as always.