3d mouse doesn´t work with 3.2. Workaround?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hello forum,

since I updated from 3.1 to 3.2, my 3d mouse (3d connexion) doesn´t work anymore when enscape is launched. :cursing:

(It works inside SketchUp when enscape isn´t launched).

I updated the 3d mouse driver, but it still does not work.

SketchUp-Version: SketchUp Pro 21.1.332

Is there any workaround?

Greetings, Peter

• Yes ! SketchUp pro 21.1.332 , 3Dconnexion driver 10.8.4 on spacemouse Enterprise.

Last I checked, once you navigated inside Enscape, it would hold control of the spacemouse and not release it back to SketchUp as expected, If you're saying this works now, then I can finally update my Enacape away from 3.1.2.

• Last I checked, once you navigated inside Enscape, it would hold control of the spacemouse and not release it back to SketchUp as expected, If you're saying this works now, then I can finally update my Enacape away from 3.1.2.

I can confirm that it works, I'm working on it now. Up to 3.2 preview 6 everything ok, from preview 7 there are still unsolved problems.

• Official Post

There will be some dedicated fixes coming soon actually - We're in contact with 3D Connexion and they stated, that it won't take much longer either until they've adjusted their API to allow these ongoing problems to be resolved.

• There will be some dedicated fixes coming soon actually - We're in contact with 3D Connexion and they stated, that it won't take much longer either until they've adjusted their API to allow these ongoing problems to be resolved.

I've got the latest 3DxConnection driver installed - version 10.8.5 released on 2/4/22. You can unzip the downloaded installer and extract the 3DxSketchUp64 installer.

It's still buggy though. and unusable for both SketchUp modeling and Enscape rendering at the same time.

I can navigate SketchUp natively. But when you switch over to Ensacpe, the controls are reversed (up is down, left is right, etc). The driver isn't picking up that the active windows is Enscape and constantly shows Trimble SketchUp instead. Going back to the 3DxConnection settings window and reversing controls is not a solution, as then my controls in SketchUp are backswards. And the same problem persists, that Enscape doesn't release control of the Spacemouse.

Demian Gutberlet Is there any updates on this, seeing how the new driver posted after you comment I quoted? I would assume Enscape needs to update their software? Can you share a timeline?

• All I noticed a new build 2 days old. Installed it along with the new 3d connexion driver and it seems to be working!

I've tried, nothing done. The problem remains that when you activate Enscape then it no longer works in SketchUp. Either you deactivate the controller from Enscape and start working in SketchUp again (doing it every time is exhausting) or you activate "synchronize views" but we still have an annoying refresh every 5/7 seconds that blocks navigation for about 1 second (very very annoying ). We stopped at 3.2 preview 6 of 15 October 2021, six months and the problem has not been solved !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I've tried, nothing done. The problem remains that when you activate Enscape then it no longer works in SketchUp. Either you deactivate the controller from Enscape and start working in SketchUp again (doing it every time is exhausting) or you activate "synchronize views" but we still have an annoying refresh every 5/7 seconds that blocks navigation for about 1 second (very very annoying ). We stopped at 3.2 preview 6 of 15 October 2021, six months and the problem has not been solved !!!!!!!!!!!!!

On top of that all this also blocks the possibility of updating to SketchUp 2022 since we are OBLIGED to use an old version and we cannot try the new features even if we pay for Enscape like everyone else. Before inserting new features I find it right to solve the problems of users who pay and have supported Enscape for a long time !!!! I activated the subscription that the material editor did not yet exist, I believed in the program with a vision of the future that is effectively proving to be right towards Real-time rendering. I would therefore appreciate more support !!!!!!

• Yeah it's still just a really janky experience all-around. Synchronizing views works, but it's nowhere near as smooth as natively navigating within Enscape. So If I'm presenting to a client in real-time I will just navigate within Enscape and abandon editing SketchUp model when presenting- which is not great if it's a design meeting and we want to show off this fancy real-time render software.

If I'm actively designing/modeling on my own, I usually synchronize views and deal with it or keep Enscape off until I'm ready for it in the final design phase.

3DConnexion is a Logitech company. I'd expect more from their driver support if that's what happening here. It's that or something happening with Enscape and/or SketchUp. I'm inclined to believe the latter.

• On top of that all this also blocks the possibility of updating to SketchUp 2022 since we are OBLIGED to use an old version and we cannot try the new features even if we pay for Enscape like everyone else. Before inserting new features I find it right to solve the problems of users who pay and have supported Enscape for a long time !!!! I activated the subscription that the material editor did not yet exist, I believed in the program with a vision of the future that is effectively proving to be right towards Real-time rendering. I would therefore appreciate more support !!!!!!

UP !!!!

• Code
    who knows why the 3D connexxion space navigator no longer works in your SU2022 when you open the Enscape render screen? No problem in the 2021 version, but after this update it no longer works. Yes yes ... the box at input settings is checked. But that has nothing to do with that. I'll say it right away.
    • Official Post

I'll get in touch with our developers though and will provide an update again as soon as possible.