3d mouse doesn´t work with 3.2. Workaround?

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • On top of that all this also blocks the possibility of updating to SketchUp 2022 since we are OBLIGED to use an old version and we cannot try the new features even if we pay for Enscape like everyone else. Before inserting new features I find it right to solve the problems of users who pay and have supported Enscape for a long time !!!! I activated the subscription that the material editor did not yet exist, I believed in the program with a vision of the future that is effectively proving to be right towards Real-time rendering. I would therefore appreciate more support !!!!!!

UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I'll get in touch with our developers though and will provide an update again as soon as possible.

We are all still waiting. I understand it's out of your dev's hands since it's on the 3dConnexion side of things with the way Enscape chose to integrate it, but it seems like we get a "update as soon as possible" for the last 3 months now.

Is there any concrete info you can tell us?

• I agree.. such an integral reason to my workflow and why I like enscape so much.

We are all still waiting. I understand it's out of your dev's hands since it's on the 3dConnexion side of things with the way Enscape chose to integrate it, but it seems like we get a "update as soon as possible" for the last 3 months now.

• Official Post

I am sorry to keep you waiting, we have an upcoming meeting again soon to discuss this internally and whether or not there is anything we can do to improve upon this. At the moment though, the only option for us seems to be reverting back to the old system used in 3.1 and before, which may also re-introduce some other issues again. Expect to hear back from me though in a couple of days.

• I am sorry to keep you waiting, we have an upcoming meeting again soon to discuss this internally and whether or not there is anything we can do to improve upon this. At the moment though, the only option for us seems to be reverting back to the old system used in 3.1 and before, which may also re-introduce some other issues again. Expect to hear back from me though in a couple of days.

Thanks for the update, Demian.

• I am sorry to keep you waiting, we have an upcoming meeting again soon to discuss this internally and whether or not there is anything we can do to improve upon this. At the moment though, the only option for us seems to be reverting back to the old system used in 3.1 and before, which may also re-introduce some other issues again. Expect to hear back from me though in a couple of days.

Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed. If there is anything us users can to to help make our case, please let us know,

Enscape is the ONLY application that "holds control" of the SpaceMouse. It's simply the wrong solution, however it was implemented. I see it no differently than an application deciding to hold control over my normal mouse- no reason for it. The 3DConnexion app already had handled application switching on its own. And here we are +3 months later, perpetually waiting on an updated driver from the mfg or something when Enscape could have already patched with a hotfix.

• Use the camera sync button in the SU Enscape toolbar until they fix it.

• Use the camera sync button in the SU Enscape toolbar until they fix it.

Unfortunately, activating the sync there is an annoying refresh that blocks navigation for a moment and repeats every 6/7 seconds. Otherwise it would be a possible momentary solution even if with heavy files it becomes less fluid the navigation despite the RTX 3080 16GB.

• Unfortunately, activating the sync there is an annoying refresh that blocks navigation for a moment and repeats every 6/7 seconds. Otherwise it would be a possible momentary solution even if with heavy files it becomes less fluid the navigation despite the RTX 3080 16GB.

Yeah I get that too. Super annoying. This is just a workaround until they get around to fixing it (if ever).

If I'm presenting, I don't use the camera sync for that reason.

• Yeah I get that too. Super annoying. This is just a workaround until they get around to fixing it (if ever).

If I'm presenting, I don't use the camera sync for that reason.

I continue to use 3.2 preview 6 which is the latest working version. From 7 the problem began and is still present today. Preview 7 was released in October 2021 !!!!!! And therefore no SketchUp 2022 and latest features.

• I continue to use 3.2 preview 6 which is the latest working version. From 7 the problem began and is still present today. Preview 7 was released in October 2021 !!!!!! And therefore no SketchUp 2022 and latest features.

My company has a blanket policy of only paying for the current license so I am forced to go to 2022 meaning no 3d mouse in enscape for me.

• ...and now they update the price!

They said: "to offering you the best possible product with the quality you expect and deserve to accomplish your goals and everyday work. To continually improve and update our product, we review our prices regularly."

Let's not forget that we are paying for a subscription license, and not perpetual ownership. And they wonder why consumers loathe SaaS.

I'll just leave this here as well.