Why is Enscape lighting not set per Scene?

• I generally use Encscape to play around with the time of day. Once the daylighting and shadows are what I want them to be there is no way for saving the time of day to a scene.

Am I supposed to create a preset for every scene that uses a different time of day and month? This seems like overkill, is there a way to save time of day/month etc within Enscape?

• Arthur C , the time of day itself is saved into views once those views are created - What is currently not saved, is the sun position when it's been adjusted with the shortcuts SHIFT + U / I or CTRL + U / I. Is this perhaps what you are referring to because the time of day itself should be saved just fine, not the month though which would've been set up in SketchUp.

• Can sun position - adjusted with shift+u/i or ctrl+u/i be saved in a scene by enscape?

When making an other camera view, with other sun position, in the first view the shadow settings are also changed. Very frustrating!

• Can sun position - adjusted with shift+u/i or ctrl+u/i be saved in a scene by enscape?

When making an other camera view, with other sun position, in the first view the shadow settings are also changed. Very frustrating!

Not at the moment, I'm afraid, but please feel free to forward your wish to our product managers directly through our voting portal.

I agree it's frustrating!

Live render is great but wasting time to re-calibrate settings seems pointless when I should be able to save all settings and lighting to the scene.

Likewise when doing different camera ratios I have to write down what scene has what Ratio and Field of View

and then input that number every time I have to re-render. Otherwise I would be SOL trying to recreate the scene. ||

• Arthur C , pardon if I am missing something here which I may but, Field of View is also saved in the Visual Settings of course, which you can then simply assign to the views you like. So, 10 different views can be linked to 10 different settings, all with their own Field of View adjustment. This means there should also be no need to readjust the value if you wish to have the same FoV each time for each scene.

• Hi Demian Gutberlet perhaps so if you turn on Enscape match camera.

Generally, I set my camera location with SketchUp but once I turn on Enscape I edit the scene and save a new one within Enscape.

From there I work solely within Enscape to edit the camera position and capture the scene, exposure, artificial lighting, atmosphere, FOV, saturation, aspect ration, etc...

After all isn't that the point of live render :)

• ...so, 10 different views can be linked to 10 different settings...

hmm - I know this should work this way, yet even if I use the enscape cameras instead of my sketchup scenes, and yet I assign a desired preset to each enscape camera (view), I still have to rearrange each preset by hand. This system, just simply select another Enscape view and everything else adjusts automatically then, has never worked for me so far...
    ;) For this reason, I name the Enscape preset to be used in the name of my SketchUp scene - just in case that someone else needs to re-render, he/she should know which preset to activate...

yes, very cumbersome, but it works