Question about reliability of system build

• Hi community!

I'm about to start a system build almost only for SketchUp + Enscape but I'm a bit concerned if it is enough for what I'm planning to do

The main specs are an i5 - 8600k + an Nvidia 1070 + 16gigs of RAM everything connected to one full HD display for working and a 4k display for showing.

I'm not interested in VR by now (and won't be entering that realm in the forthcoming years) and my models rarely surpass 50-100Mb (I work with commercial interiors)

I want to know if this system will allow us to show in real time the results in the 4k monitor and make design decisions at the speed of thought...

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm eager to try the software :)

• Hey man,

It's a safe bet that your system will handle the work you are proposing.

But SKU also relies heavily on the GPU and processor, I'd do at least an i7 on there.

I work in high end residential, and my models are usually 500 MB in size.

Also, even though you're not into VR yet, Enscape does make a real time rendering, so even though you're not seeing it through a VR headset, your GPU is still rendering the model in real time, rendering the SKU model (depedent on your style), while also rendering the pixels of both your HD and 4K screens.

In my opinion, the minimum set up for SKU and Enscape, to build as of today, and have it last you at least 3-5 years, would be an i7 8K series, 32 GB of ram and a 1080 NVIDIA, or 2 970's GTX.

Although Enscape does not support SLI the GPU's, you can dedicate one GPU to rendering the monitors and SKU, and the other GPU to render the Enscape model.

Hope this helps! I attached a couple of sample images from one of my houses, modeled in SKU and Rendered in Enscape.

PS: I've only been using Enscape for 2 weeks, all in all I'm very happy with it.

• Be aware that Nvidia just announced new consumer graphics cards (2070, 2080, 2080 ti), that promises much improved performance. I would NOT buy a new card until these are available and tested in the coming month :-) it would be a pity to spend so much on a card, just to see it become obsolete in one week :-)

• For 20% more power of the GTX2080ti you pay 1260,- € instead 700,-€ for a GTX1080ti. I use a GTX1080ti and would it buy again, also now. ;)

https://www.heise.de/newsticke…m-Ueberblick-4142326.html

i agree that nvidias prices are absurd :-) but for now, performance is purely speculative. until real reviews are on the table, no one knows :-) If Enscape is going to support the new Ray tracing cababilities, then it would be a shame to have a two year old graphics card :-)

.... i have a 1080 ti as well, and its a great card.... but two years old ;-)

• Thanks for your support.

Unfortunately I just can't spend more than a 1070 right now and can't wait until the next month as I have some work to present on August 2nd.

I've already ordered the 1070ti and everything that's needed for the system.

I'll report back the results then :-)