Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

When is the final 3.3 expected? I am going to setup a new PC this week and I'd rather not to bother installing Sketchup 2021+Enscape 3.2, if Enscape 3.3 with Sketchup 2022 is going to be released within the next couple of weeks.

No exact ETA yet, but 3.3 is expected to release around the beginning - middle of April. It's up to you whether or not you wish to install 3.2 already now or wait. :)

• Official Post

Thanks. Any chance Sketchup 2022 support will be included with Preview 5?

We cannot say for sure yet I'm afraid - Please stay tuned for now.

• Site context is an interesting add for Enscape. I've finally been able to get context models (terrain, roads, buildings and aerial imagery) from InfraWorks into Revit by using FormIt Pro as the go-between. This is done using the 2022 versions of those programs. I've also been able to replace generic buildings from OpenStreetMaps with better versions from SketchUp. It's definitely getting there!

• Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released the new Enscape 3.3 Preview 5.

Click here to check out how to always acquire our latest preview.

For detailed questions and issues, feel free to write us at support@enscape3d.com or use this thread.

NEW:

Partial Japanese Localization

Enscape 3.3 will be fully translated into Japanese. In this preview, you can try out a WIP state of the localization.

We will address some readability issues for the Japanese version in time for 3.3. like adjusting font sizes and removing italic font styles.

Upload Migration for Enscape Accounts

Uploaded panoramas and web standalones can now be migrated over to your Enscape account. This will allow you to also manage and share your old panorama files from the web UI without even starting Enscape. And of course also to use them in panorama galleries. You will be prompted when entering the upload management to migrate your uploads and can either migrate all of them immediately or at a time of your choosing using the button marked above.

ATTENTION: This is a non-reversible operation you cannot migrate the uploaded panoramas "back" out of your Enscape account. At the same time, we do not change the URLs which you used to share these uploads so you do not have to reach out to anyone you shared your uploads with before.

Transparent Materials in Reflections

Enscape 3.3 is now able to render objects with transparent materials also in reflections. Realistic-looking glass and water surfaces add important detail to believable reflections. This feature is currently only supported for graphics cards that support hardware accelerated ray tracing (Nvidia RTX series, AMD RX6xxx series)

Examples:

Before (3.2)

After (3.3)

Before (3.2)

After (3.3)

UPDATED:

Site Context Mode Improvements:

We now added browsing and highlining capabilities to the site context mode which will allow you to hide parts of the site context in future previews so you can decide on a per-element basis on which parts of your surroundings you want to visualize alongside your model. Furthermore, the alignment of the site context in relation to the CAD model now matches the location you picked on the 2D map during the import. We will provide automatic hiding of overlapping geometry in future previews as well.

The performance issues present in the previous preview release have also been addressed and diff updates show now be processed as quickly as before.

We also improved the quality of the site context displaying less clutter and also fixed some issues preventing an import of the size context for certain locations.

ATTENTION: This is an early version with some caveats and known issues, that we will address for the final 3.3 release:

• The CAD model is not yet represented on the 2D map during the configuration step
    • Some geometry is not yet represented correctly (floating streets, some buildings look incorrect)
    • Elements of the Site Context can not yet be hidden
    • The Site Context can not yet be moved around in Enscape
    • There might be errors for certain locations during the import (please report these, including the geo-coordinates you were using at the time)
    • The mode is still called "Site Model Mode" this will be adjusted for 3.3
    • The help texts are currently still missing

ISSUE RESOLVED:

View Creation Issues in Revit and General Lack of Progress Information During Startup and Exports:

The last preview unfortunately contained a bug that prevented the progress information from being displayed correctly during view export. The same issue prevented view creation in some cases and has now been fixed.

Rhino: Surfaces in Layouts No Longer Show Up in Enscape

Please note: Preview versions are not production-proven, so be aware that there can be issues, and please report any of them back to us either on this thread or via the normal support channels. Doing so will help us with providing an even more stable and reliable product in the future.

• Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released the new Enscape 3.3 Preview 6.

Click here to check out how to always acquire our latest preview.

For detailed questions and issues, feel free to write us at support@enscape3d.com or use this thread.

NEW:

SketchUp 2022 Support
    Enscape now supports SketchUp 2022 no restrictions or issues are known to us at this time.

UPDATED:

Japanese Localization

The readability of the Japanese localization has been vastly improved tweaking the font sizes, weights and removing italic font styles.

Site Context Mode Improvements

We improved the quality and extended the feature set of the site context mode:

• The imported site context elements are now browsable and visibility can be configured for the individual element or entire streets or groups of elements (by type). Individual elements and entire groups are easily identifiable through the bidirectional highlighting and selection mechanics.

• The CAD model outline is now displayed in the import dialog to provide a spatial relation for how the site context will be oriented around your mode

• The street geometry has been massively improved and now maps smoothly on to the topographic plane.

• The entire UI for the site context mode has been adjusted renaming "site model" to "site context"

ATTENTION:
    Some known issues are still present in the current preview version and will be addressed for the final 3.3 release:

• The site context can not yet be rotated in 3d space and input fields for the translation (movement) operation are still missing
    • The CAD model outline in the 2d map cannot be rotated
    • Overlapping site context elements are not yet hidden upon import
    • The topographic plane can be selected but has no highlight effect to signify that
    • Native massing's cannot yet be hidden as part of the site context visibility configuration
    • There might be errors for certain locations during the import (please report these, including the geo coordinates you were using at the time)
    • The help texts are currently still missing

Please note: Preview versions are not production-proven, so be aware that there can be issues, and please report any of them back to us either on this thread or via the normal support channels. Doing so will help us with providing an even more stable and reliable product in the future.

• Thankyou for this update !! BTW, if i dont disable BitDefender (firewall, antivirus, VPN) i always get a "fail" when installing enscape (actually, the installation proceeds with no errors, but when i launch sketchup, enscape is not present and it reports an error). So, if you have Bitdefender installed, make sure to turn it off before installing !

• Just tried the new context creator. Something seems completely off with the topography. I tried importing a part of central copenhagen (one of the flattest cities in the world), and it is full of hills/mountains that does not exist. Most building heights seem way off as well, and most buildings are shown as 1 story, even though they are 5-6 :)

• I am teaching an architectural design class at a small college. My students downloaded SketchUp 2022 just over a month ago, to learn that first. Today we tried downloading Enscape, but we're getting the "Bitlocker" problem mentioned above - Enscape installs, but the menu isn't there. Tried re-installing, repairing, and restarting the computer, but no luck. Are there any other applications or settings which might cause this problem?

• Most building heights seem way off as well, and most buildings are shown as 1 story, even though they are 5-6 :)

That could just be the openstreetmaps data that is inaccurate. Unfortunately that's going to be true for 99% of the locations in the world in my experience.

• What is the point of this site context feature if the data source comes from an inaccurate source?

Unless this is a gateway for Enscape to connect with some data agencies and ask the user to pay and get high quality context dataset?

• Unless this is a gateway for Enscape to connect with some data agencies and ask the user to pay and get high quality context dataset?

OSM doesn't have higher quality datasets unfortunately.

The big challenge for the A&D world is that the worlds two best datasets (google maps/earth and bing maps) are both closed data and the data can't be licensed. Which is probably why Enscape (and others like Twinmotion) have no other option to use OSM.

Although I agree that its use will be limited. I have used OSM on occasion but I'm lucky that the Manhattan dataset (which is where a good portion of our work is), is well developed. It hasn't worked once outside of Manhattan unfortunately.

• I get an error with Preview 6 and Sketchup 2022 on Windows 11 (I get the same error with Sketchup 2021). The log file generated by the error has the following content:

Code
    Target .NET runtime version: v4.0.30319
    Target assembly: C:\Enscape.Sketchup.Plugin\bin\Release\net452\Enscape.Sketchup.Plugin.dll
    Target class: Enscape.Sketchup.Plugin.EnscapeSketchupPlugin
    Attach to appdomain: false
    Loading assembly by name Enscape.Sketchup.Plugin
    Failed to load the assembly with hr 0x80070002: The system cannot find the file specified.
  • OSM doesn't have higher quality datasets unfortunately.

The big challenge for the A&D world is that the worlds two best datasets (google maps/earth and bing maps) are both closed data and the data can't be licensed. Which is probably why Enscape (and others like Twinmotion) have no other option to use OSM.

Although I agree that its use will be limited. I have used OSM on occasion but I'm lucky that the Manhattan dataset (which is where a good portion of our work is), is well developed. It hasn't worked once outside of Manhattan unfortunately.

I get your point, but it really only highlights the question... why on earth spend SO much development time on a feature that 95% of users will never use, due to inaccurate, under-detailed data?

There are so many other features that would actually make a difference, and they are not being prioritized. I really don't get it, to be honest.

• Official Post

I am teaching an architectural design class at a small college. My students downloaded SketchUp 2022 just over a month ago, to learn that first. Today we tried downloading Enscape, but we're getting the "Bitlocker" problem mentioned above - Enscape installs, but the menu isn't there. Tried re-installing, repairing, and restarting the computer, but no luck. Are there any other applications or settings which might cause this problem?

I get an error with Preview 6 and Sketchup 2022 on Windows 11 (I get the same error with Sketchup 2021). The log file generated by the error has the following content:

Code
    Target .NET runtime version: v4.0.30319
    Target assembly: C:\Enscape.Sketchup.Plugin\bin\Release\net452\Enscape.Sketchup.Plugin.dll
    Target class: Enscape.Sketchup.Plugin.EnscapeSketchupPlugin
    Attach to appdomain: false
    Loading assembly by name Enscape.Sketchup.Plugin
    Failed to load the assembly with hr 0x80070002: The system cannot find the file specified.

Right away, please make sure to install Enscape for all cad solutions during the process:

34206-pasted-from-clipboard-png (Select them all)

This should resolve any fatal errors at hand, or Enscape missing in SketchUp generally.