Skybox with white ground

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi,

The default skybox has a grey ground plane, This is ok for views that look above the horizon, however there are many instances in which a view needs to be angled towards the ground which does not have site context This results in an image with a strong and dull grey ground plane that is in sharp contrast to the sky - rendering it useless for presentation. The only solution for this kind of view is to select a white background - however the image immediately loses context and depth and feels very bland and 2D.

I realise that custom skyboxes can be added, however a default skybox that shows a sky with a white ground plane would surely look much better and give some depth and a small hint of realism.

Thanks

B

• I understand where you're going... but I kind of like the ability (as in TwinMotion) to apply a material to the ground plane and set its height relative to the model.

I have been constantly increasing the amount of CONTEXT I add to my models... partly for this reason.

Hoping they actually get the SITE MAP idea working... Tried it today and it's got a way to go before it's useful.

• Official Post

Thank you for the feedback and request bungle , feel free to please forward everything through our Enscape Public Voting Portal:

Enscape Public Voting Portal (How to use)

The same applies to anyone else who wishes to share their Feedback with us. DGD-Duane , since the site map feature is still heavily work in progress, we'd appreciate any detailed input we can receive.