Enscape Public Voting Portal (How to forward/upvote Feature/Asset Requests directly)

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Enscape Public Voting Portal - Click here to access.

What is the purpose of this portal?

With this portal, we want to provide a platform to communicate with our users in both directions about requested features.

On the one hand, this will help us to plan upcoming features with more information. On the other hand, users are able to inform themselves about what is developed.

What will you find in this portal?

There are currently three tabs in this portal:

Contains relevant features that were released in the latest version

In Development

Contains features that are right now working on. Most of the time this means that it will be released in the next version.

Under Consideration

Contains feature requests that we need more information to make decisions on it.

Please note that you will not find every feature request that we are tracking on this portal. This would just be too overwhelming.

How do I submit feedback?

Every tile you can see represents a feature. If you click it, you can read the description.

At the bottom, you will find a criticality rating. If you select which criticality applies to you on this feature, you will also be able to add a description.

After submitting it, you will receive a verification mail that you need to react to. Otherwise, we will not receive your feedback.

How do I add a new request?

If you don’t find the feature you are looking for, don’t worry. Chances are good that we already track it. But in any case, we want to encourage you to send the request.

In the upper right corner, you will find a ‘Submit Idea’ button. If you click it you will be able to describe your idea, add how critical it is to you and send it over to us.

In case you have any further questions regarding this new portal, feel free to post them in this thread below.

• Finally!!!!!! Thank you for adding this.

Demian Gutberlet Is there a tab that could add to the voting system that would be labeled something similar to "would not use often" or "Not applicable", something like that? All the options we have are worded in a positive light towards the features and just to be clear it does not need to be negatively worded, it might be useful from a stats standpoint on your end as well as giving users a wider range from positive to negative to vote on the features.

TLDR: it feels like there are 3 :thumbup: options but no neutral or :thumbdown:options in the voting system.

• Official Post

Finally!!!!!! Thank you for adding this.

Demian Gutberlet Is there a tab that could add to the voting system that would be labeled something similar to "would not use often" or "Not applicable", something like that? All the options we have are worded in a positive light towards the feature and not that it needs to be negatively worded. It might be useful from a stats standpoint on your end as well as giving users a wider range from positive to negative to vote on the features.

TLDR: it feels like there are 3 :thumbup: options but no neutral or :thumbdown:options in the voting system.

I really appreciate the input Tearch! Thanks a ton.

I will foward it to our PM team which is entirely responsible for this newly setup portal - They'll take it into consideration! :)

If you want to add anything else to your Feedback, let me know any time of course.

• Wow, I think the only item that I saw met a single need of mine is the batch video (edit: oops - I said batch pano, thanks Paul Russam for catching that.) I've filed a few of my own requests in the portal. Will we be able to see and upvote other user requests in this portal?

• what happens to all of the ideas submitted, i dont see any of the ideas i have submitted on the board for others to vote on. is everything going to be vetted and only placed on the list if it fits within your development program?

Also can we see what the poll results and user comments

i dont see any of the ideas i have submitted on the board

“better light” / “lights need to improve” / “lighting is bad” / “spot lamps are not good” etc etc

All the same thing but somebody needs to curate the replies and then write it as a single request that encompasses all the variations ….. and then do it for all the suggestions.

Assuming that everyone at Enscape already has a job to do, what would you like them to stop working on to do the above?

I’m sure that at some point in the near future they’ll have an internal planning meeting where the go through the suggestions we’ve made and ‘some’ will appear on the portal.

• what happens to all of the ideas submitted, i dont see any of the ideas i have submitted on the board for others to vote on. is everything going to be vetted and only placed on the list if it fits within your development program?

Also can we see what the poll results and user comments

100% agree. Perhaps Nuge has a great idea that has broad support, but we will only get to see it when it's pre-selected by the admins.

The submitted ideas, the vote counts and the comments should all be public.

For me, a major reason to have a public portal for feature voting is accountability, so that everyone can see that the big-ticket items on the community are indeed a priority for the Enscape team. the current portal does not achieve that goal. If anything, it's reducing transparency by removing feedback from the forum and moving it to a place where only admins can read it.

If Enscape tells us next month that the highest voted suggestion is to "double license prices" we will just have to take their word for it :)

If you look at other public feature voting portals (Autodesk Ideas, Blender Right Click Select, ...), they all work in two stages: there's an open side where users can pitch a proposal and other users can vote and comment on it. And then there's the admin-only side where ideas that are selected from that pool are gathered, either to communicate the roadmap or for another round of voting.

• Assuming that everyone at Enscape already has a job to do, what would you like them to stop working on to do the above

Paul,

Below is a list of things i believe shouldn't be "in development" or "under consideration" so should leave plenty of resource available to curate user wishes and get a more user focused roadmap moving forward. The things i have listed below are more nice to have AFTER they have worked on the workflow and quality issues to turn enscape into a professional rendering solution.

Import site context

Export Nvidia MDL

Educational Assets & Materials

Bim Data Filter

Customized Controls

Add Text and paint to image

Export Issues as report

Show Libraries on website

• Official Post

I’m sure that at some point in the near future they’ll have an internal planning meeting where the go through the suggestions we’ve made and ‘some’ will appear on the portal.

Hi Paul,

you can be sure, we are having these kind of meetings every other week for the last years already. We are using this tool since the beginning of 2021 and started by merging all the requests from our old tool to this. In the meantime, our Customer Service team forwarded every request to this tool.

There are right now more than 600 individual features in there (with some more sub-features where combining made sense).

Putting all these requests on the portal would just be hell of an effort. And it would also affect the responses that we would get for it. I (personally) had the experience in another company in the past, that not everybody reads through all the requests. They stop after maybe the top 20-50. So only these will get feedback/votes. Would that lead to a proper representation that we could plan with? Probably not.

With some requests, we already have a clear understanding that it is asked frequently (and why). So no need to have the 100th vote, if 90 are already telling.

As Demian already said: In the "Under consideration" tab there are requests where we don't understand, yet, how important these are.

I get that you would like to see the number of votes in there. But the decision on what to implement is not always just a matter of votes. Also strategy, effort and technology. So it would not be telling how soon the feature would be implemented.

I hope you can understand that and trust us to track your requests properly.

Best,

Joachim

• Joachim Hirsch Just in case you think I was being sarcastic .. I wasn't, sorry if it came over as that :)

I totally agree with what you've written, my 'some' comment was based on the assumption that a few of the requests would be undoable/unrealistic/downright silly and as a result, only 'some' of the requests (once reworded) would make it to the portal as "Under consideration"

• Demian Gutberlet

Changed the title of the thread from “Test” to “Enscape Public Voting Portal (How to forward/upvote Feature/Asset Requests directly)”.
    • Official Post

Where can I see other user's idea's? And where can I give a little +1 to their idea? This feature is absolutely required for this portal.

Other users' ideas may be added manually in the future, but there is no way to see all or any other submissions besides the one we add ourselves (through user input of course). Upvoting is and will not be possible I'm afraid, technically the portal does not support such functionality. Upvotes/Specific Feedback per topics is of course still counted internally through the buttons "Nice-To-Have" "Important" and "Critical."

• This sounds totally absurd to me: "Upvoting is and will not be possible I'm afraid, technically the portal does not support such functionality. "

You named it: Enscape Public Voting Portal

Are you making fun of us? Then use different platform for the portal.

Other users' ideas may be added manually in the future, but there is no way to see all or any other submissions besides the one we add ourselves (through user input of course). Upvoting is and will not be possible I'm afraid, technically the portal does not support such functionality. Upvotes/Specific Feedback per topics is of course still counted internally through the buttons "Nice-To-Have" "Important" and "Critical."

• Official Post

This sounds totally absurd to me: "Upvoting is and will not be possible I'm afraid, technically the portal does not support such functionality. "

you named it:

Enscape Public Voting Portal

Are you making fun of us? Then use different platform for the portal.

No, we are not making fun of you - That is not our intention and never will be. I am sorry if that was the impression you got.

Me stating "Upvoting is and will not be possible I'm afraid" was a bit misleading so my apologies for that, that's what the buttons "Nice-To-Have" "Important" and "Critical" are there for though. (Also mentioned in the last sentence of my previous post)

These do act as "Upvote Buttons" so to speak. It's just that those votes (or new feature requests) are not visible openly to the public which is also currently not our goal. All of it is still counted and discussed internally by support and product management extensively of course.

We do hope for your understanding in this case and that my response clears things up a bit further.