Help me!!! Enscape vs DIALux evo

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Hello, :)I'm a lighting designer. I like SketchUp & Enscape. I think Dialux is very troublesome.

Today, I encountered some lighting problems of Enscape, and I need your help.&thumbnail=1

First, I want to use Enscape to simulate the actual lighting effect. But how should I design the exposure design parameters in the camera settings to achieve the actual lighting effect?32944-f970f07c72fd677a8282503da0af3d9-png

Second, the value of Enscape lighting fixtures is luminous intensity, but ies only has luminous flux parameters. How should I set it. For example, my luminous flux is 577. What should I set my luminous intensity?&thumbnail=1&thumbnail=1

thank you.:)

• Official Post

Hey JankHua , thanks a lot for your post.

When it comes to our Light View, this mode does inform you as to how much light is hitting a surface and this is displayed as a heat map, but it has to be noted that the Enscape Light View is not a professional or fully accurate light analysis tool, and is provided as an estimation only. As you've already mentioned above, a lighting analysis won't be accurate enough for your purposes.

The question here also is, do you still want to use Enscape alongside DIALux for renderings, or are you only interested in a light analysis?

• Hey JankHua , thanks a lot for your post.

When it comes to our Light View, this mode does inform you as to how much light is hitting a surface and this is displayed as a heat map, but it has to be noted that the Enscape Light View is not a professional or fully accurate light analysis tool, and is provided as an estimation only. As you've already mentioned above, a lighting analysis won't be accurate enough for your purposes.

The question here also is, do you still want to use Enscape alongside DIALux for renderings, or are you only interested in a light analysis?

First of all, I thank you very much for your reply :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Then, I think Enscape is better than other software in terms of speed, operation logic and expressiveness.:):):)

Therefore, I still want to use Enscape to roughly simulate the lighting value. My problem is how to adjust these two parameters in ① exposure ② luminous intensity of spotlight, which can better simulate the real lighting as much as possible.;(;(;(

After all, we generally only know the luminous flux of the spotlight, and the exposure is the real world. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I always like Enscape.:sketchup::sketchup::sketchup: