Lighting issue

• So, I've haven't run into this issue before so I'm not entirely sure if it's isolated yet. I'm using an IES map that I use often and in this situation, the map appears to load and unload depending on the camera distance. Is this a normal behavior?

This only appears in this location of the model.

Edit:

So did some troubleshooting and completely rebuilt the light fixture and now getting a different result. Also, take note of the camera distance in example 2 Its much further and the map loads and unloads based on camera position.

See Lighting 2.gif

• I get the same issue but only in really large models with a lot of light objects. I have a thread about it somewhere but I can't find it at the moment. I've been told there's a limit on lighting objects in the world before they start to ignore actual geometry based on camera distance. I assume your model is not nearly that big though so this is odd.

• I get the same issue but only in really large models with a lot of light objects. I have a thread about it somewhere but I can't find it at the moment. I've been told there's a limit on lighting objects in the world before they start to ignore actual geometry based on camera distance. I assume your model is not nearly that big though so this is odd.

Allow me to add what I've sent to jtubb as well:

We distribute shadows maps to the lights closest to the camera. In this case, it's of course rather surprising, that a light source that is still relatively close to the camera doesn't receive a shadow map (by default we distribute at least 256 shadow maps). This either means, as you've correctly stated, there's a huge amount of other light sources in the scene or something else is broken.

Our developers have requested a Feedback Report with logs, which should then allow us to find out what exactly is broken here.

• Any plan to upgrade the distance of distributed shadow map?

I mostly work on large projects, and this behavior limit my video and camera setting a lot.

Many times I have to change to other software when this odd become unbearable .. which I don't like but you force me to.

• Any plan to upgrade the distance of distributed shadow map?

I mostly work on large projects, and this behavior limit my video and camera setting a lot.

Many times I have to change to other software when this odd become unbearable .. which I don't like but you force me to.

Rick Marx +1 For this also from me. I design large retail spaces and often come into this issue.

• Allow me to add what I've sent to jtubb as well:

We distribute shadows maps to the lights closest to the camera. In this case, it's of course rather surprising, that a light source that is still relatively close to the camera doesn't receive a shadow map (by default we distribute at least 256 shadow maps). This either means, as you've correctly stated, there's a huge amount of other light sources in the scene or something else is broken.

Our developers have requested a Feedback Report with logs, which should then allow us to find out what exactly is broken here.

Hi Demain!

Do you mean Enscape can show 256 lights in one shot?

if I have more than 256 lights in one frame, only 256 lights can be seen. Am I understanding correctly?

• Hi Demain!

Do you mean Enscape can show 256 lights in one shot?

if I have more than 256 lights in one frame, only 256 lights can be seen. Am I understanding correctly?

No - 256 refers to the resolution of the shadow map, not the number of lights within a model or camera.