Hard crash on Asset placement

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi There,

I've logged a couple of incident reports, but any version above 3.1.2 55592 is hard exit crashing ArchiCAD as soon as I click apply (from Enscape window) or click to place an asset in the ArchiCAD view.

This is the new asset browser/placement system.

The weird thing is, I have multiple files that this instantly (all 5 files I've tried apart from one), reliably and repeatedly crashes with, however I have a single file that seems to still work fine with the new asset browser.

Does anyone have any good ideas? I'm not sure why a legacy ArchiCAD file issue would be causing a hard close/crash in the Enscape asset placement system???

Win 10x64 R5900X, 32GB DDR4, Asus RTX 3080, ArchiCAD 23 3003 Aus Full (legit), Nvidia 511.79 (latest).

Occurs on any 3.2+ Enscape version I try.

I have to roll back to 3.1 to stop the crashing, and this is frustrating as I can't resize/transform the assets at all, etc.

• Official Post

Hey Thiefsie , right away it would be great if you could kindly send us a Feedback report as detailed here - Gladly also let me know once you've submitted it accordingly and I'll have a look.

• Official Post

Hi There, yes I've done a couple under my work address james.hc@webs**********cture.com.au about 24 hours ago.

Thanks a lot - You have already received a reply/question from a colleague of mine.

• Can confirm the issue is still happening with:

• Version: 3.3.0-preview.6+70602

Enscape support has confirmed it's a bug from their end apparently and they are working on a fix.
    In the meantime I'm forced to run version 3.1.2 if I'm doing asset placement.