Enscape Roadmap Portal (How to forward/upvote Feature/Asset Requests directly)

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Enscape Roadmap Portal - Click here to access.

Feel free to also check out our corresponding blog article!

What is the purpose of this portal?

With this portal, we want to provide a platform to communicate with our users in both directions about requested features.

On the one hand, this will help us to plan upcoming features with more information. On the other hand, users are able to inform themselves about what is developed.

What will you find in this portal?

There are currently three tabs in this portal:

Contains relevant features that were released in the latest version

In Development

Contains features that are right now working on. Most of the time this means that it will be released in the next version.

Under Consideration

Contains feature requests that we need more information to make decisions on it.

Please note that you will not find every feature request that we are tracking on this portal. This would just be too overwhelming.

How do I submit feedback?

Every tile you can see represents a feature. If you click it, you can read the description.

At the bottom, you will find a criticality rating. If you select which criticality applies to you on this feature, you will also be able to add a description.

After submitting it, you will receive a verification mail that you need to react to. Otherwise, we will not receive your feedback.

How do I add a new request?

If you don’t find the feature you are looking for, don’t worry. Chances are good that we already track it. But in any case, we want to encourage you to send the request.

In the upper right corner, you will find a ‘Submit Idea’ button. If you click it you will be able to describe your idea, add how critical it is to you and send it over to us.

In case you have any further questions regarding this new portal, feel free to post them in this thread below.

• Demian Gutberlet

Changed the title of the thread from “Test” to “Enscape Public Voting Portal (How to forward/upvote Feature/Asset Requests directly)”.
  • I would like to have the option to revoke the license from the computer using my Enscape Account menu on the website. This is extremely useful, because if I'll loose the access to the computer due to some unexpected reason, I could revoke the license from it to apply it on the other machine myself, and save your support from extra hassle of doing this. Also, this will save your customers a lot of time and nerves, cause we have to wait for support to respond in order to progress with our work.

Similar feature works perfectly for Google account, Facebook, online banking apps, where you can control terminate unnecessary sessions at the other machines.

• I would like to have the option to revoke the license from the computer using my Enscape Account menu on the website. This is extremely useful, because if I'll loose the access to the computer due to some unexpected reason, I could revoke the license from it to apply it on the other machine myself, and save your support from extra hassle of doing this. Also, this will save your customers a lot of time and nerves, cause we have to wait for support to respond in order to progress with our work.

Similar feature works perfectly for Google account, Facebook, online banking apps, where you can control terminate unnecessary sessions at the other machines.

+1 for this

• Official Post

I would like to have the option to revoke the license from the computer using my Enscape Account menu on the website. This is extremely useful, because if I'll loose the access to the computer due to some unexpected reason, I could revoke the license from it to apply it on the other machine myself, and save your support from extra hassle of doing this. Also, this will save your customers a lot of time and nerves, cause we have to wait for support to respond in order to progress with our work.

Please kindly forward that Feedback through our portal as well as detailed above.

Does anyone know how to create a panoramic scene, that you can roll it only in a horizontal way?

Please be so kind as to create a separate thread in this Forum and re-post your question and I'll be more than happy to answer - This thread here is only for questions/Feedback directly related to the Voting Portal. Thanks for your understanding.

• Id love the option to be able to import the new buildings and topography generated by the Site context into our drawing programs ( Revit in my case) It does not need to be changeable when imported only thing should be that the buildings height could be changed thats all I think that is required.

Besides that great release the 3.3

• Hi! I'm posting here hoping that is the right place

• Color correction nodes to tweak contrast | saturation of PBR textures
    • Sheen layer to simply represent fabric shaders
    • Mix material to add wear and tear to objects
    • Curvature | AO | fallof maps exposed to user to complement Mix material
    • Gradient map to add gradient color to wall or some glasses with different tint | refraction value ecc
    • Support for soft edges through shader like Vray | Corona feature to enhance representation of hard surface models and walls.

• IES and HDRI maps to art direct light falloff
  • gdarch They want you to follow the link that is labeled "here" in orange at the top of Demians first post of this thread. There you can submit each of those ideas individually by hitting the button in the top right corner.

I don't work work for Enscape but a few comments about your wish-list:

-PBR materials aren't supported by Enscape. (A huge wish-list item from a bunch of people)

-Mixed materials have been requested for at least three years and have never been mentioned on the dev. agenda.

-They will likely just tell you to create a gradient texture using Photoshop for whatever look you are trying to achieve.

- Soft edges have been requested for years from the Rhino community and just like mixed materials nothing has been mentioned.

-Curvature/falloff maps are likely too complicated for Enscape because it is a live rendering platform.

There have been a number of requests for similar features to add complexity to the program for more advanced renderers. For some reason, Enscape has chosen to keep the program as simple to use as possible instead of offering more complex tools to those that wish to use them.

The TL:DR is I support all the features you want to see added, but I wouldn't hold my breath for them.

• Thanks for your feedback.

it is also true that computers are becoming more and more powerful. After 3 years some previously too advanced features should now be manageable by anyone.

So I hope that by reading this post the developers can evaluate the introduction of these very basic features.

All to advanced features could be hidden for noob users behind an expert button or similar.

• Thnaks so much for your effor to devloppement
    i hope to add this simple feature in Enscape Archicad:
    Copy/Past texture map from material to another with a hint window if i click with the right mouse

• Is there any record of what we have submitted? I have an email confirmation from "Portal" earlier this month, it does not reference the content of my submission, and I don't see it on the portal anywhere. I just sent another submission, probably for the same thing.

At least on the forum we can track and update threads and see our history. If we submit to the portal and can't see any record of it, and it doesn't get "approved" or whatever, it just seems like things are going into a black hole.

• Official Post

Is there any record of what we have submitted? I have an email confirmation from "Portal" earlier this month, it does not reference the content of my submission, and I don't see it on the portal anywhere. I just sent another submission, probably for the same thing.

At least on the forum we can track and update threads and see our history. If we submit to the portal and can't see any record of it, and it doesn't get "approved" or whatever, it just seems like things are going into a black hole.

We have it all internally here (nothing goes into a black hole), and while I can understand the wish to have feature requests listed automatically based on popular demand, for example, that is not something we plan to do anytime soon I am afraid, nor would it be possible without manual work - That does not mean that the submitted requests do not get discussed extensively internally of course (as well as getting sorted after popularity and other factors).

Furthermore, we don't want to hinder any feature request discussions in the Forum and I hope that users here do not get that impression - The Voting Portal simply acts as a way for us to showcase our roadmap and allow users to vote for select requests, while also being able to forward anything else directly to product management.

• We have it all internally here (nothing goes into a black hole), and while I can understand the wish to have feature requests listed automatically based on popular demand, for example, that is not something we plan to do anytime soon I am afraid, nor would it be possible without manual work....

Totally understand that, but at a minimum could we see our own submitted history, or get a quote of our submission in the email verification so there is some kind of visible tracking?

• Official Post

Totally understand that, but at a minimum could we see our own submitted history, or get a quote of our submission in the email verification so there is some kind of visible tracking?

Thanks for the swift reply.

That is definitley not an unreasonable request and I'll make sure to talk to PM directly about it. While I don't think it's possible to allow for a display of your submission history, receiving an e-mail with the input of your request after submitting an idea could make sense, if technically possible. I appreciate the feedback and will get back to you as soon as I have any updates to share.

• The Enscape animation tool is great and easy to use.

However a real weakness that greatly impacts workflow and productivity is the lack of an Animation Path Batch Render feature.

As animations tend to take much longer than still images to render this process would be great to automate, for example one could render out all paths over night, without the tedious need to render each animation path separately. This wastes time and also takes valuable work time away from the user during the day.

Implementing this feature would greatly enhance the productivity and efficiency of the the software!

Please consider! :thumbsup:

• Official Post

Pardon me, I might've not made it clear enough, but please forward your inquiry through our portal as detailed in this thread. :)

How do I add a new request?

If you don’t find the feature you are looking for, don’t worry. Chances are good that we already track it. But in any case, we want to encourage you to send the request.

In the upper right corner, you will find a ‘Submit Idea’ button. If you click it you will be able to describe your idea, add how critical it is to you and send it over to us.

https://portal.productboard.com/enscape3d/7-enscape-portal/ -> This is the link to our portal.

Finally, in some cases, it could be worth it to create one lengthy camera path which you could then split up with a video editor of your choice afterward. You'd basically only have to cut out the corresponding unwanted "flights" from one transition/point of interest to the next so to speak. I can understand if this gets a bit convoluting though with longer videos.

• Official Post

Is it still Enscape's stance that they will not be supporting Rhino-inside Revit in order to make them all compatible?

Thanks,

Adalli

Welcome to our Forum adalli , and thanks for your message!

I'm afraid, Rhino-inside Revit compatibility is not yet officially implemented into Enscape - I'll make our developers aware once more that there is additional demand for this and please also forward your inquiry via our Enscape portal as we detail here, so that our product management team receives your message directly through your voice.

I've furthermore inquired our developers regarding a potential workaround, but unfortunately there may not be one available currently.

Regarding the other post of yours: I have to admit I'm not entirely sure why your previous message/thread here seems to have been removed. We do not censor anyone in this forum no matter how, let's say negative the feedback would be, so I'm sorry about the inconvenience. Did you use a different account perchance as well for said previous reply/thread so that I can look into it?

Feel free to re-share what you posted here of course, just in case it wasn't what you just asked.