Difference between texture colour jpg & render flooring

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi,

When rendering, i see a colour difference between my orginal texture en rendered version. Does anybody know how i can fix this?

I've tried multiple ways to set up the material, but it didn't help.

Thanks in advance!

• Go to Best Answer
    • Official Post

Ijsbert , welcome to our Forum!

The appearance of any material rendered in Enscape is highly dynamic and depends on the overall lighting situation especially - The context of the scene is thus very important. The first thing you can of course try is adjusting the time of day and you will come to find that the material may look different at night when it's lit by artificial lights compared to sunlight.

On top of lights/light color or sun/sun color, the material's colors can also be affected by "Global Illumination" which is basically its surrounding materials "color bleeding" and reflecting light from surrounding surfaces to others which can affect the tint accordingly, depending on the context again. You can imagine a white room with a red carpet and will come to realize that the walls and ceiling will also have a bit of a red tint, especially if light is directly hitting said carpet.

Feel free to also share a rendering with me of the whole scene to better understand its surroundings.

In this specific case, you should also see that turning down the "Rendering Quality" in the Visual Settings (To Draft) will disable "Global Illumination" and thus the material/texture may look closer to the original, which is of course entirely unaffected by any light/other materials or the scene in general.

You could try playing with the "Color Temperature" and "Saturation" in the Atmosphere tab as well, on top of adjusting the color of your scene lights which could be assigned a warmer color too, since the texture to me just looks a little bit cooler in Enscape.

I hope that helps clear things up a bit - But in any rendering application basically, the color of materials will always be heavily influenced by its surroundings as it would in real life. Let me know in case the tips/explanations above are not helpful to you and this continues to be a bigger problem for you.

• This all makes sense of course, but clients don't want lessons in color perception.

Maybe clients want the right kind of lesson? Client relationships are realms of trust. Curating and educating the client's experience from concept through construction builds trusted relationships.

That said, adjusting Visual Settings>Image (especially Highlights and Shadows) can create a more balanced scene. From a photo editing standpoint I think what you're trying to do is slightly increase the Brilliance while decreasing the Contrast.

clients don't want lessons in color perception.

Oh boy don’t they ever…. Well at least some of them.

We have one particular client who I’ll NEVER show anyone what I’ve made for them and I’ll instantly disown anything from them if I’m asked “did you do this?”

The things I’m made to do to glass to make it look “real” should be classed as some sort of crime. I have a specific set of materials with their name in the title so I don’t accidentally apply one of them to another project.

I’d suggest you make a simple model such as a cube inside a room and paint all the surfaces with the material in question then render it to show how lit, unlit, shadowed surfaces all have different appearances even though they are the same material.

You may even want to add a coloured surface to the room (red, blue, green, whatever) so that you can show how adjacent surfaces can also change the materials appearance.