Enscape with HTC VIVE Flow ?

• As far as I know, the Vive Flow is not directly meant to replace a tethered PC VR experience but is instead used with a smartphone and select apps - In any case, Enscape's standalones (nontethered to a PC) will not be supported by this device, just if that was a question on your mind.

• Hi Demian Gutberlet ,

We really like Standalone VR. Super nice for clients and comfortable to wear.

I see that The Quest 2 is not "officially supported"

So I would like to know what Enscape can do on a Stadalone. Also, the VIVE Flow has a very eye-catchy design. What can be done on it?

Something on a low quality maybe?

Thank you!

• Bogdan , I'm afraid at least currently we do not offer standalones specifically for standalone headsets, but we are aware of the demand for it - What I can also kindly request is that you forward any of your wishes regarding VR or in general through our Voting Portal as that Feedback reaches our product management team directly, which is of course also responsible for features/functions being added.

At least for now though I can not give you any ETA regarding when we will offer standalone files for standalone headsets, however, some users were already successful with using the Quest 2 with wireless streaming - Which requires a dedicated capable router and of course a PC, so I'm not sure if that would be an option for you, but just so you know.

• Any solution on the VIVE Flow is very welcome. Our clients are into healthy lifestyle, nature, meditation apps. (very similar to what VIVE is advertising)

If we try to make them use the heavy gear they will not like it for sure.

So, even 360's static images might be a solution.

Otherwise, the API of the Flow is well documented, and we could get consultancy in computer programming if you can guide us into some development.

I don't know how wireless streaming works, but if you have a quick step-by-step unofficial tutorial, again would be very useful.

• I'll have to dive a bit deeper into the VIVE Flow, but be aware of course that you can indeed always export any of our generated panoramas as an image file, which should also then be viewable through a dedicated panorama viewer that is available in their applications store (or perhaps even natively).

Also, when it comes to wireless streaming I can certainly give you a guide when it comes to the Quest 2 at least:

https://www.theverge.com/22218…reless-pc-vr-games-how-to

If any questions come up regarding this, let me know!

But, I have not been successful with finding a guide for the VIVE Flow, and not entirely sure if they offer an easy method to wirelessly stream PC content into the device. Perhaps it may only be possible to stream from your smartphone, which would make sense given the nature of this device. Again though, I'll dive a bit deeper and let you know if I find out more.

• Yes, if you can find out more, would be great.

Solutions could be:

1. Generated panoramas as image files. (static) Should work with basic app on smartphone.

2. Wireless streaming from PC (similar to Oculus Q2). Would be great if I could know more certain if this is an option, because I can get one headset and try to test. I can just return it if it doesn't work, but It's better to know what to test.

3. Streaming from smartphone is the best solution. Even on low quality, like the one you get when you see the model in a web browser, when sending a link. Maybe using the browser with the headset could be an option?

Please let me know if you find out more. I'm quite interested in this device and I could test it and share my results.

Thanks again.