Stand Alone .exe File - Resolution Output

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi guys,

It seems to me the resolution (displayed size) of the .exe file is dependent on the screen size where it is being output.

I've done a few tests, and all of the .exe files output from a machinehooked up to 1080 displays, end up looking very pixelated on a 4K display.

The only way I got it to work, was by outputting the exe file from a tower hooked up to a 4k display.

Can anyone confirm, or tell me if I am doing anything wrong.

PS: My workstation has HD monitors, while my VR room has a 4K display. I would say this is stadard practice, since no one REALLY needs a 23" 27" 4K display.

Thanks!

• The resolution of the computer that exports the standalone has no impact on the "playback" resolution of the standalone.

However, there is a feature called "Automatic resolution" that might result in what you see. You find the checkbox on the General-Tab. It adjusts the resolution dynamically (every few frames) to ensure a smooth simulation. If you machine is too weak to run in native resolution (in this case, 4K), Enscape detects that and automatically uses a slightly lower one to ensure a high FPS count.