Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • New
    • Official Post

Batch export with shift+click selects only 20 images max. Preview 4

Thanks a lot for reporting this, it's much appreciated. We've now identified this behavior as a bug internally to be resolved as quickly as possible. :)

• Sometimes when I left click to drag the viewing direction I get an orange box instead. Once it appears it is hard to get rid of. Clears on re-open.

I also reported when I started placing objects (about 20) in the escape window it created a couple of orange dots that were visible through everything. They disappeared on restart.

Grass is look lush

• New
    • Official Post

Please kindly make sure to report any ongoing issues and especially crashes you experience with our current preview/release via our dedicated feedback button:

Using the Feedback Button - Enscape

This way we can further analyze the cause behind your problems based on your machine information (which CPU/GPU you're currently using) and corresponding log files which will be submitted alongside. Whenever you experience any problems in general with Enscape kindly make sure to reach out to us this way. Alternatively if the feedback button may not work for any reason, kindly make use of our Help Center as detailed here instead.

You will then receive a response back from our support team shortly thereafter. Thank you very much in in advance.

• New
    • Official Post

can't install the newest preview. It wont go past "uninstalling previous version..." nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Hi Herbo , pardon the confusion, currently there is a workaround for this specifically which should help:

KNOWN ISSUES:

Installer Might Hang When Uninstalling Enscape 3.x

In some rare cases, the installer hangs when uninstalling Enscape 3.x. Follow the steps provided in this forum post to solve the problem.

Of course please get back to me in case you still experience any further problems.

• But here is the problem with Rhino:

4.0 Preview - freezes Rhino viewport, update seems never ending (see above status)

3.5.6 - freezes Rhino viewport and barely workable.

3.4.4 - Enscape and Rhino viewport works smoothly, but live update does not work properly. (Refer RE: Enscape for Rhino not updating in real time and Rhino geometry not live updating)

I am not sure what to do now.

• Attempted to try the new preview version 4+ (as I've extensively utilized nearly every preview in the past with success) and while it did "successfully install" it is nowhere to be found in any of the programs, including after restart. I'll wait for the official release and iterate that some of the most attractive features of Enscape over competitors are its approachable ease of use, stability, and speed.

While I am excited about the Chaos merger and potential for new workflow improvements, I sure hope that the core values of Enscape are not compromised in this transition moving forward.

I have every confidence in the Enscape devs resolving this and the other bugs into the stable release, just hoping the Chaos side (if applicable) can fill the shoes of great customer experience and software deployment that Enscape has set forward as their standard, while I love the possibility of expansion into the V-Ray ecosystem and bidirectional compatibility, there is a reason I ditched V-Ray 10 years ago in favor of Unreal Engine and Enscape. Please don't break a good thing Chaos and please do the due diligence of understanding what features should be added, rather than what could be added.

That's all, thanks for the great software and workflow experience!

• New
    • Official Post

Anyone managed to get this preview run on Rhino 7?

I am getting this text scrolling non-stop, even after Enscape shuts down.

And while Enscape opens, I can barely move the viewport - so, back to 3.4 for Rhino user.

joeykeys , we appreciate the report and of course I'm sorry you're experiencing these behaviors.

Right away, the output which you're seeing within Rhino "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" is to be expected still, though this is something we're currently working on resolving for the final release.

In this case though since your live viewport seems to freeze and you're unable to properly navigate around in Enscape, could you very kindly:

1. Submit a feedback report including log files (as detailed here)

2. Share this particular scene with us if possible (e.g. using wetransfer.com and forwarding the upload link through a DM if confidential)

Kindly let me know once said report has been submitted as well so that I can forward everything directly to our developers.

Last but not least, could you tell us whether or not you're using any other plugins alongside what so ever that may interfere here, and/or does this perhaps only persist in a certain project of yours? Or is this something you can reproduce with basically any scene while all other plugins in Rhino are disabled?

Thank you very much in advance for any further input.

• Hi Damien,

I have installed The Enscape plugin 4.0 Preview 4 but Enscape does not starts. Neither in Rhino nor in Archicad.

Why exe file is missing?

But I can run Enscape Custom asset editor.

in Rhino plugin does not start.

Thank you for your support!

Tomas

• New
    • Official Post

I'm sorry to hear about that, could you perhaps let me know with which CAD solution specifically you wanted to utilize preview 4? Also, in this regard you should be able to simply uninstall any prior version of Enscape (3.x.x) you may still have installed on that machine of yours. Check out this post here in case you experience any problems during the uninstall process.

Thereafter Enscape 4.0 preview 4 (as long as still fully installed) should be visible and accessible again in the supported CAD solution of your choice.

Kindly check out this previous reply I've sent you which applies here as well still:

Please also make sure that any previous preview/release of Enscape is uninstalled, and that only the latest preview 4 of Enscape 4.0 is available.

If you've already checked that that is the case, then please refer to my linked reply. Thanks a lot in advance.

• New
    • Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released the latest Enscape 4.0 Preview 5!

Please Note:

To ensure that our latest Previews of Enscape 4.0 are installed and working properly, please manually uninstall any previous Release/Preview of Enscape 3.x.x via Windows "Add or Remove Programs" beforehand.

UPDATE:

Enscape is Now Installed Per User By Default

The latest Windows installer for Enscape 4.0 does not require administrator rights and installs the product only for the current Windows account by default. Run the installer as Administrator and use the Advanced installer options if you need to install and register the product for all Windows accounts on the system. Please note and follow the on-screen instructions. This mode will also install all required .NET and VC++ redistributables, which may have to be installed manually in case using Administrator mode is not possible.

Improved Capture Times for Complex Scenes

In the previous Preview 4 release taking an image capture could take up to several minutes in complex scenes with a lot of light sources. This has been improved significantly, so capture times are comparable to 3.5 in most cases.

Geforce GTX 16 Series GPUs Will No Longer Use Vulkan Ray-Tracing (“Hardware-Accelerated Ray-Tracing”)

Due to a lot of problems with the hardware ray tracing emulation on the driver level, Enscape will no longer use the Vulkan ray tracing API on NVidia Geforce GTX 16 GPUs. Hardware-Accelerated Ray-Tracing functionalities (ray-traced sun shadows, ray-traced artificial lights etc.) will be disabled. Our software ray tracing implementations remain as they are.

BUGFIXES:

• Fixed Possible Installer Hanging When Uninstalling Enscape 3.x
    • Revit – Revit Live Camera Option Does Not Work as Expected
    • Rhino – Enscape Crashes After Adding .dds Texture
    • Crash When Modifying the Scene or Switching to a View With Different Geometry When Hardware Ray-Tracing Is Enabled
    • Severe Visual Artifacts in VR When DLSS Is Enabled
    • Alpha Layer Mask Not Exported Correctly for Orthographic Perspective
    • Incorrect Lighting in Captures With Ray-Traced Artificial Lights Setting Enabled
    • Browse Custom Assets Area Is Inaccessible After Project Create or Edit
    • Errors Are Logged During Assets Selection

To see what has been added with Enscape 4.0 Preview 4 please check out this thread here.

If any questions or further feedback arises, please let us know via this thread or by reaching out to our support. In case your experience any crashes, freezes or similar, ideally submit a feedback report with log files if possible.

• ...just for your information - this Revo Uninstaller-thing worked well :thumbup: Our IT just solved this installing issue by using this recomended tool
    Thanks