Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • This works also but OneDrive has the advantage of synchronization of files, so files are alsways stored on the local machine and therefore not effected by internet outages.

I moved to a self-hosted NAS with VPN some time ago. Lots of methods of sharing, but the issue I've had with synced cloud files and multiple users (OneDrive, Synology Drive, Google Drive, etc) is sync services typically don't have file-locking, which prevents multiple users from having one file open at once and creating a save version nightmare. So if a file is open somewhere, the user trying to open it again gets a read-only notification. But if just passing around a main model (one user access at a time) and letting users sync to the material folder on the network share or sync folder, that's not an issue since they're not making changes to material files Enscape (or any other program) is referring to. Definitely a use case for both methods though.

• Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released our latest Enscape 4.1 Preview 4!

NEW:

• Vectorworks 2025 Beta Support
    • Colored Shadows From Artificial Light Source Are Visible in Reflections Now

UPDATE:

• Sketch Artistic Visual Mode Cannot Be Used While in VR or to Export Panoramas

BUGFIXES:

• SketchUp – Live Updates Broken When Converting Group to Component
      Thank you Tim for reporting this!
    • Machine Installation Was Leaving Behind Per-User Installation Record Which Was Later Breaking Uninstallation
    • Fixed Wrong Newforma Konekt Issue Position
    • Some Newforma Konekt Projects Were Missing in Enscape UI
    • Linked Preset Was Not Applied After Switching to the View From the Cad
    • Fixed Crashes When Changing Light Sources or Geometry When Using Ray Traced Artificial Lights

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Sketchup – Intermittent Crashes When Interacting With Sketchup/Enscape
      We have been seeing intermittent crashes. Unfortunately, they are hard to pin down and fix. After our investigation, we now have a good idea where they are coming from (imperfect isolation from ruby garbage collection). Although this code infrastructure has been in the software for years, it is now becoming more prevalent due to some technical reasons. We have already taken steps to mitigate this problem, but the real solution is complex and too risky to rush. Therefore, we have planned to address it early in the next (4.2) release cycle.
    • Sketchup – Enscape Unusable After Using “Match New Photo” With View SyncRevit - Decals Missing in Enscape Problem found, will be fixed in next preview.
    • Revit - Decals Missing in Enscape
      Problem found, will be fixed in next preview.

To see what has been added with Enscape release 4.0 please refer to this announcement here.

If any questions or further feedback arises, please let us know via this thread or by reaching out to support. In case your experience any crashes, freezes or similar, ideally submit a feedback report with log files directly if possible.

• Looks like enabling "jitter" in the sketchy line settings still zooms in so the line render doesn't match the regular color render.

• Official Post

:sketchup: <3 Thank you for your product damn it, but it doesn't show up on the toolbar.

If our latest preview of Enscape does not appear in your toolbar in SketchUp at all please kindly also try do a clean reinstall first thing:

1. Close all programs
    2. Navigate to Add/Remove programs in Windows.
    3. Uninstall Enscape by using the 'Uninstall' button
    4. Following the completion of the uninstall, please delete the following directories using Windows File Explorer:
    5. C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Enscape
    6. C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Enscape
    7. C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape
    8. C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\Documents\Enscape
    9. Make sure to acquire our latest preview/release
    10. Then, navigate to where this was downloaded in Windows File Explorer and right-click on the installer file and select "Run as Administrator", and run the installer for all users as described here. Please ensure this step is followed exactly, or your issue may not be solved.
    11. Restart your machine

Afterward, please open SketchUp again and follow the Enabling Enscape guide.

In case that makes no difference, you can reach out directly to our dedicated support team via our Help Center as detailed here. Generally especially when you experience issues with Enscape not installing properly, crashing or similar kindly reach out to us this way in the future ideally right away the next time.

Thanks a lot in advance for your cooperation!

• Official Post

thanks for your prompt response, I uninstalled your new product and just downloaded the old Enscape-4.1.0.1388-preview 3, it appeared in the toolbar without any problems, but the new updated version did not appear

Thank you, at this point then please submit a support report from this version as we should also receive the log files generated by Preview 4 - This way we will be able to assist you further here with this. Feel free to let me know once submitted, and in the submission form you can just include a link to this thread itself, so our support team has all the context right away.

• Demian Gutberlet has the development team been able to reproduce this? I've been running into many cases with preview 3 where I change a parameter value in Revit, and then find the setting reversed a short time after.

• Official Post

Demian Gutberlet has the development team been able to reproduce this? I've been running into many cases with preview 3 where I change a parameter value in Revit, and then find the setting reversed a short time after.

Hi Pieter , pardon me for not mentioning it right away, but this should indeed now be resolved by installing preview 4. If you have the chance, kindly give it a try - I have not been able to reproduce any problems myself in that regard compared to preview 3 anymore, though just in case you still experience this or another issue let me know of course.

• Hi Pieter , pardon me for not mentioning it right away, but this should indeed now be resolved by installing preview 4. If you have the chance, kindly give it a try - I have not been able to reproduce any problems myself in that regard compared to preview 3 anymore, though just in case you still experience this or another issue let me know of course.

Thanks I will test the new version next week and let you know.

• 4.1P4 360°picture normal ender time 8minutes.

3.5.6 360°picture normal ender time 2minutes.

4.1P4 360°picture high quality 25minutes

3.5.6 360°picture high quality ender time 5minutes.

The time difference is huge And 4.1 High quality mode often gets stuck

Hope the official can update the transparent video material

Hope to update the independent sky light color and independent sunlight color

• New
    • Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released our latest Enscape 4.1 Preview 5!

NEW:

• Artistic Modes – Sketch Colored Pencil Palette
      A new Artistic Mode palette has been added in the Sketch Mode, called “Colored Pencil”.

To access the new mode, navigate to Visual Settings > Main > Style > Mode > Sketch > Palette and select “Colored Pencil”.

Orthographic Colored Pencil with hatched shadows

Colored Pencil render of a sunset

• Artistic Modes – Watercolor Mode
      A new Artistic Mode has been added along with Sketch, called “Watercolor”. This mode comes with its own options to adjust the color detail and bleeding effect.

To access the new mode, navigate to Visual Settings > Main > Style > Mode and select “Watercolor”.

Watercolor render with slight bleeding effect

• Artistic Modes – Glass Rendering
      Glass is now rendered as tinted transparent and everything behind a glass surface is visible with a slight tint.

• Artistic Modes – Water Rendering
      Water rendering is now supported. For Colored Pencil and Watercolor, surfaces are shaded with a blue tint. For Pen and Pencil, they are opaque white.
    • Artistic Modes – Sky Rendering
      Sky rendering is now supported for Colored Pencil and Watercolor modes. The sky is based on the loaded skybox or Enscape’s generated sky and clouds.
    • Artistic Modes – Post Processing
      The sliders Saturation and Color Temperature in Visual Settings > Image now affect the results of the Artistic Modes.
    • Vectorworks – Dark Theme Icons

UPDATE:

• Improved Batch Rendering Performance (Revit, Rhino, SketchUp, Vectorworks)
      In Revit, Rhino, SketchUp and Vectorworks, we were able to considerably improve batch rendering performance and memory consumption by optimizing the data we load into the renderer.

• End User License Agreement (EULA) and Global Consumer Privacy Policy (GCPP) Acceptance
      EULA and GCPP must be reviewed and accepted separately by each end user. Therefore, a new Chaos Legal Agreement window is shown on start per system account after silent installation or per machine installation executed by a different account.

BUGFIXES:

• Artistic Modes – Sketch Jittering Was Zooming the Scene
      We fixed an issue where when jittering was enabled, the produced result was zoomed and didn’t match the original camera
    • Crash During V-Ray Scene Export
      We fixed a crash that could occasionally happen during V-Ray Scene export.
    • Glass Material Transparency Settings Were Not Stored Into the Project
    • V-Ray Scene Export Failed When Resolution Was Set to Windo
    • Active Document Selector Had No Effect When Starting Enscape for the Second Tim
    • Video Editor – Selected Keyframe Changed to Previous Selection After Screenshot Export
    • Revit – Decals Missing in Enscape
    • Revit – Reduce Potential for Conflict With Other Plugins
      In Revit 2025 and up, we can separate ourselves more cleanly from other plugins. A user-reported problem with Keynote Manager is now a thing of the past.
    • SketchUp – Stability Improvements
      We were able to remove a slew of crashes. The previous release already had a workaround but these changes now cover more cases.

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Artistic Modes
      • Performance can be heavily reduced with high resolutions and multiple settings
      • Color artifacts around borders of sky, glass, and water
      • Water surfaces do not receive shadows
      • Certain surfaces may be shaded black
      • Outlines slider doesn’t have an effect for Watercolor mode

Please also be aware the information regarding the new unified sign-in and licensing eperience:
    Info: New Unified Enscape Sign-in and Licensing Experience

• rendering times seem to have increased significantly (from the last preview and even more so from the last stable versions,) both single screenshot and batch rendering.

colored sketchy options look good. Only issue I'm seeing is that vegetation is coming in very saturated. (I'd like to reduce just green saturation - as reducing overall saturation makes the blue of the sky disappear as well. Since these are placed Enscape assets, I don't have control over the hue and saturation of the individual plant materials.)

• New
    • Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released our latest Enscape 4.1 Preview 6!

NEW:

UPDATE:

• FidelityFX Super Resolution 2 (FSR 2) Support on Intel GPUs
      Improved image quality especially with automatic resolution enabled.
    • Revit – Dark Theme Icons

BUGFIXES:

• Unsaved Changes Prompt Did Not Always Appear
    • Fixed Rare Startup Crashes When Trying to Show a Windows Notification
    • Fixed Fov Changing When Taking a Screenshot in the Video Editor
    • Artistic Modes Improved Line Anti-Aliasing
    • Ray-Traced Artificial Lights Improved Panorama Rendering Performance
    • Sketchup – Enscape Crashes With Time Zones Including Seconds
      Previously, when a time zone had seconds set, Enscape crashed. We now guarantee the seconds offset is 0.

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Vectorworks – Batch Rendering and V-Ray Scene Export Sometimes Fails
      Batch rendering or exporting multiple views to the V-Ray Scene format can fail sometimes. A message box with an error will pop up and you will have to try the export again.

If any questions or further feedback arises, please let us know via this thread or by reaching out to support. In case your experience any crashes, freezes or similar, ideally submit a feedback report with log files directly if possible.

• Really happy and impressed with this new AI feature, butwas not sure how to aproach this, and its only on one of the models I have seen so far (Bao 02 standing)

its seems to put a naked body T-Shirt on her. One other issue is that sometimes it messes up our logo see image below. The last image shows some artifacts on the assets face which was caused by outlines being turned on.

)

• Hi,

I downloaded and tried to install Enscape 4.1 Preview 6 version with Sketchup/Enscape.

But its telling me errors on the install, 'Undo' or' continue'. When I continue it means I don't have Enscape at all when I load Sketchup.

I then have to reinstall an older version of Enscape.

Any ideas?

JC