We just released the new Enscape version 2.8!
Have a look at the blog post showing off the new features and additions.
There are several options to upgrade:
- Follow the link in your trial registration email
- Click the update link in the in-program notification
- Open the "About" window and click the Download Area link
For detailed questions and issues, feel free to write us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use this thread.
Changes in Version 2.8
- Collaboration Annotations with BIM Track integration (More info)
- New Material options and Assets (More info)
- Configurable animation for Grass, Vegetation, and Clouds via new Global Wind Settings
- New Carpet Material
- Support for configuration of Normal Maps intensity
- View Management for ArchiCAD, included for Batch Rendering and in Standalone Executable files (More info)
- Localization for French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese (Brazil) languages
- Indirect lighting of semi-transparent materials to consider occlusion of nearby opaque geometry
- Temporal up-sampling in order to produce high-resolution renderings from low-resolution images. (General Settings -> Performance -> Auto Up-sampling) resulting in more stable behavior on GPU’s that may have been previously running out of available memory.
- Reduced GPU memory consumption of HDRi Skyboxes
- Healthcare and animated Vegetation Assets added to Asset Library
- BIM Mode improvements including:
- Possible to now highlight groups of items
- Search bar added to improve locating of BIM items
- Access and display BIM data via right clicking on object in Enscape window
- Separated the options for single and batch image rendering in the Enscape Toolbar / Menu
- Support for the following CAD’s is discontinued
- Any Revit version older than version 2018
- Any SketchUp version older than 2018
- Rhino 5
NOTE: Customers will still be able to install Enscape for these older CAD versions. But, we are no longer testing or optimizing Enscape for those CAD versions.
- BIM Track integration:
- Orthographic camera views are not supported yet (Issue position and all meta data is still available)
- Custom attributes are not supported yet
- Positional issues leading to misplaced issues markers for some specific projects
- ArchiCAD Manage Views:
- Changing the project or closing all 3D views leads to an issue in the scene selection. In this state, geometry changes are no longer being transferred to the Enscape window. This issue can be worked around by restarting Enscape.
- Opening Web Standalone files in Chrome (version 83.0.4103.116):
- When opening a Web-Standalone using Chrome (version 83.0.4103.116 only), clicking into the Web Standalone splash screen prevents rotating and orbiting once the project has loaded into the browser. This behavior persists until Chrome has been restarted.
Additionally, we will now start to provide a list of Bug Fixes for each release. Please find the following 28_Bug_Fixes.pdf file attached. We provide this list as a courtesy to our users, but also to start to provide some more transparency on the work that is done during the development cycle. This is not a complete list of all the bug fixes during the development cycle, but these are the most common customer facing bug fixes. Please refer to the Bug ID in the list if you have further questions regarding any of these.