Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Could you all please explain a little bit more detailled, why you would like to keep the visual settings button on the CAD toolbar?

We do not quite get what your use cases are. Do you just want to adjust the quality settings before starting Enscape? Or would you like to tweak it while Enscape is running on the CAD side?

• Could you all please explain a little bit more detailled, why you would like to keep the visual settings button on the CAD toolbar?

We do not quite get what your use cases are. Do you just want to adjust the quality settings before starting Enscape? Or would you like to tweak it while Enscape is running

Let me just repeat myself again again, (see my post on the previous page) ;)

• what Herbo says!!

pretty straight forward we don't want to open the enscape window to access the settings, needs to be done on the cad side

Thanks ? Or, at least let us open the Enscape window without starting/exporting the renderer! That would work too ?

• Joachim Hirsch

Correct as what the people said above. We don't want to open the Enscape window to access the visual settings.

Sometimes you want adjust the quality BEFORE you start Enscape (eg. from extreme --> draft) - especially if it keeps crashing due to high poly model/low PC config.

You can't do it if the render window keeps freezing/crashing/won't even start.

• We can gladly let you know what this is caused by exactly if you send in a dedicated feedback report:

https://enscape3d.com/communit…sing-the-feedback-button/

It might be your graphics memory running out while trying to render, but the exact details will be provided once we've received said report. Thanks! :)

Submitted a few Feedback reports.

I even installed Windows 10 fresh from scratch and found that even then Enscape kept crashing my PC and restarting it (SU Pro 2020 and 2021).

Then after trying a few more crashing renders... I decided to try using custom resolutions of 1920x1080 (instead of FHD), 3440x1440 (the resolution of my monitor), and then 3840x2160 instead of "Ultra HD" predefined setting and surprise!!! my computer did not crash when rendering the same test SKP file that had been crashing so far... Still will have to try other files after re-attaching all the other drives I disconnected from my PC when I reinstalled Windows 10...

I hope this info helps others. At least I found a way to render higher resolution and as a side effect I now have a fresh Windows 10 (latest version) and a fresh backup image of of the OS...

- Antonio

• what is exactly your video card ? /brand name , number /

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080... crashes only happen when changing resolution from FHD to Ultra HD and also happen when using custom resolutions... anything that is not the preset "FHD"...

Side note, but related:

Been using Blender and did several renders with Eevee renderer and some with the slow Cycles rendered... made probably over 70 renders (3440x1440, 4k, 1920x1080, etc. with no problems. BUT Only once when loading a custom file uses converted materials from Cycles to Eevee rederer. In preview mode when trying to orbit the scene of that one file, it crashed my PC and restarted it.

So I am wondering now, if there are some settings in some renderers or programs that are trying to use some function or set of instructions, or loading something into parts of VRAM, that try to use something specific that is triggering a bug in the nVidia drivers or the combination of software with driver is causing the hardware to do something it is not supposed to and BAM!

So... a big puzzle, but not sure how to put it together, but there are some small clues. I had been using Enscape in trial mode months ago and an earlier version of Enscape... and earlier version of nVidia drivers and there were new Versions of Windows between then that everything worked, and now...

Additionally, I removed extra HDs and SSDs from my PC to make sure it was not a power issue. Installed Windows From scratch... looked at the temperature of the CPU, was playing graphics intensive games (Warzone and Doom at 3440x1440 settings at ultra), no problems. The recommended GPU tool to stress test it... Furmark, no problems...

So Enscape consistently crashes it with pretty much all files that are rendered at not FHD preset and that one complex blender file for Eevee... nothing else crashes the PC.

Temperature of the PGU reaches 61C or a bit higher when rendering in Blender... or playing video games, and the GPU goes 99% solid when using Eevee render in blender for several seconds.... even rendering with 256 samples and making it take longer to let the temperature go up... no crashes. I also kept the side panel open to ensure extra air flow of cool air...

I reset bios settings, did bios upgrade on the mother board... same results...

I am running out of ideas... and saving pennies to get a new system when GPUs come back down in price... in the rare case that it may be the hardware somehow degrading...

=================================

Transmutr's "GPU Info" has some interesting data, not sure if this is relevant or just too much extra (I do not have any custom settings on the nVidia Control Panel, al settings are stock config) There's tons more data, but these are the first three sections, the rest of the sections have file paths, dll paths, and tons of other info:

Graphics Feature Status

• Canvas: Hardware accelerated
    • Flash: Hardware accelerated
    • Flash Stage3D: Hardware accelerated
    • Flash Stage3D Baseline profile: Hardware accelerated
    • Compositing: Hardware accelerated
    • Metal: Disabled
    • Multiple Raster Threads: Enabled
    • Out-of-process Rasterization: Disabled
    • Hardware Protected Video Decode: Unavailable
    • Rasterization: Hardware accelerated
    • Skia Renderer: Disabled
    • Surface Control: Disabled
    • Surface Synchronization: Enabled
    • Video Decode: Hardware accelerated
    • Viz Service Display Compositor: Enabled
    • Viz Hit-test Surface Layer: Disabled
    • WebGL: Hardware accelerated
    • WebGL2: Hardware accelerated

Driver Bug Workarounds

• clear_uniforms_before_first_program_use
    • decode_encode_srgb_for_generatemipmap
    • disable_delayed_copy_nv12
    • disable_direct_composition_layers
    • disable_discard_framebuffer
    • exit_on_context_lost
    • force_cube_complete
    • scalarize_vec_and_mat_constructor_args
    • disabled_extension_GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced
    • disabled_extension_GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced_coherent

Problems Detected

• Protected video decoding with swap chain is for Windows and Intel only

Disabled Features: protected_video_decode
    • Some drivers are unable to reset the D3D device in the GPU process sandbox

Applied Workarounds: exit_on_context_lost
    • Clear uniforms before first program use on all platforms: 124764, 349137

Applied Workarounds: clear_uniforms_before_first_program_use
    • Always rewrite vec/mat constructors to be consistent: 398694

Applied Workarounds: scalarize_vec_and_mat_constructor_args
    • ANGLE crash on glReadPixels from incomplete cube map texture: 518889

Applied Workarounds: force_cube_complete
    • Framebuffer discarding can hurt performance on non-tilers: 570897

Applied Workarounds: disable_discard_framebuffer
    • Disable KHR_blend_equation_advanced until cc shaders are updated: 661715

Applied Workarounds: disable(GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced), disable(GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced_coherent)
    • Decode and Encode before generateMipmap for srgb format textures on Windows: 634519

Applied Workarounds: decode_encode_srgb_for_generatemipmap
    • Delayed copy NV12 displays incorrect colors on NVIDIA drivers.: 728670

Applied Workarounds: disable_delayed_copy_nv12
    • Hardware overlays result in black videos on non-Intel GPUs: 932879

Applied Workarounds: disable_direct_composition_layers
    • Metal is only available on macOS.

Disabled Features: metal
    • Viz hit-test surface layer version is not enabled by default.

Disabled Features: viz_hit_test_surface_layer
    • Skia renderer is not used by default.

Disabled Features: skia_renderer
  • Hi

i know some time went by since my initial message, i just tried the feedback but there no log files.

Tried to recreate the problem and somehow it worked without crashing, did the same as i did before christmas.

I have no clue what the problem was but if i have it again i'll try the feedback button and hope that the log files are attached.

• I am still having a hard time with the displacement settings. Placing it at '501' and darkening the displacement map all the way down to '1' in the revit texture editor as well still produces a very strong displacement. If I lighting in photoshop, it looks better. Is there a way for Enscape to read the 'brightness' setting in the material editor?

• Official Post

Hi

i know some time went by since my initial message, i just tried the feedback but there no log files.

Tried to recreate the problem and somehow it worked without crashing, did the same as i did before christmas.

I have no clue what the problem was but if i have it again i'll try the feedback button and hope that the log files are attached.

You can also manually send them over to support@enscape3d.com:

Enscape main plugin log files:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Enscape\Data\Logs

Revit plugin log files:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape\Logs\EnscapeRevitPlugin

SketchUp plugin log files:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape\Logs\EnscapeSketchupPlugin

Rhino plugin log files:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape\Logs\EnscapeRhinoPlugin

ArchiCAD plugin log files:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape\Logs\EnscapeArchiCADPlugin

VectorWorks plugin log files:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape\Logs\EnscapeVectorworksPlugin

You can just place all the files that are contained in these folders into a .zip file and send these to us. Although, usually when you submit feedback, log files should be transferred automatically if you do not remove the checkbox for the option in the dialogue - did our support get back to you stating no logs were included or why did you come to the conclusion we didn't receive them? :) In any case, thanks in advance!

aaronnordstrom , I'm afraid at the moment you'll have to adjust the displacement map file beforehand, with photoshop for example as you've done before - this is still very much work in progress and improvements will be implemented soon.