Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Here's the Release Notes for the latest Enscape v3.0 Preview - Version 5.

Please refer to this article for instructions on how to download the Preview version.

What’s included:

- New Features:

• Video Editor overhaul complete
      You can once again edit and interact with keyframes as well as use the Preview function.

The newly added functions are as follows:
      1. Exit out of a keyframe (you can also do this with your keyboards [Esc] key)
      2. Delete a keyframe
      3. Update the camera position and orientation of a keyframe
      4. Override the different camera properties of a keyframe
      5. Start a Preview from the current keyframe (if one exists) or from the beginning of a video path
        Stop the Preview (you can also do this with your keyboards [Esc] key)
        Navigate to the next/previous keyframe

• View Management (ongoing)
      Views can now be marked as a Favorite View and linked from within the new View Management User Interface (UI). You can begin editing a View by clicking the edit icon next to it's name in the list representation. Here, you can add and remove links to a Visual Preset and mark/unmark your Favorite Views.

The View Management UI on the CAD side has been entirely removed*, except for in Revit where it still allows for selecting the initial View and provides an alternative way to switch between Views. It has been stripped of all other actions such as link to Settings Preset and Mark as Favorite, which are now found in the new View Management UI.

*Please note that we will also move the "Create View" functionality over into the new UI for the official 3.0 release version.

• Batch Rendering dialog overhauled
      We have overhauled the Batch Rendering dialog making the selection of multiple Views easier, especially when working with cross projects. You can select all Views in a project via the checkbox you will find in the header of the project section or the menu accessible by clicking the chevron/arrow icon next to it.

• Collaborative Annotations (ongoing)
      We started to overhaul the Collaborative Annotations UI to fit the new theme and styling, so far only how the list is displayed has been refurbished:

• New Help section (ongoing)
      The new Help section received its first content and more will be added in order to provide additional contextual information for the different Modes like Collaborative Annotation, BIM, or the Video Editor for example.

• Theming, colors, and font
      We are currently re-theming the new UI and are exchanging some colors, fonts, icons, etc. This is an ongoing process that will be finalized for the official release of Enscape v3.0.

• Multi-threaded texture loading
      Enscape now supports the loading of texture images being used in materials in parallel, which results in a significant speed-up of loading times.

• Invalid license handling
      We tightened our measures to prevent Enscape usage with invalid licenses.
      Users with an expired Trial version or a cancelled commercial license will no longer be able to start Enscape.

- Known Issues:

• Archicad crashes when trying to save changes while the document is being closed
    • CAD crashes when changing the Image Resolution with Safe Frame enabled
    • Enscape Web Standalone may not work in Chrome
    • When View Synchronization is enabled in Rhino, the image is rendered zoomed out
    • AMD 6XXX GPUs can suffer a crash in the driver

- Bug Fixes:

A full list of Bug Fixes can be found contained in the attached document. Please refer to the bugs associated ID number when contacting Enscape Support in regards to any of the bugs listed there.

• ....If I want to have a viewer fly over to a location and "pause" for a few second to take in the view

Since implementing this would obviously beg several questions, here are some answers....

If each keyframe had an entry, pause, and exit parameter this could be implemented and the animation system would then be on par with what is expected in many animation and video editing systems.

Ease In = # of Frames

Pause = # of Frames

Ease Out = # of Frames

If none of these are set, the behavior would be "Linear" (ie. no easing, no stopping)

The position would still be interpolated via a spline convention as is currently done automatically.

• Official Post

We are aware of the "fiddlyness" with the current input method, some issues like exceeding upper or lower bounds will be addressed through better visual feedback and we are looking at the input method again to see if we can somehow improve it in time for 3.0. What I would suggest as a workaround for now is to double click the section you want to manipulate (two digits) and then input your value. Thank you for your feedback.

• Does this mean loading and editing textures will be a lot faster now? Right now, it takes quite a long time to import textures and do any type of size transformations etc.

Hi! it means that loading multiple textures at once (e.g. on a fresh start from a project with lots of textured objecs) will be faster.

• Official Post

It is now possible to preview from, let's say the third keyframe to the fourth. Is it also possible to render parts in between keyframes?

Not at the moment, the preview will start form the active keyframe or the beginning depending on your UI state but the export always covers the entire path.

• Official Post

Thanks for the update! Wonderful!

..some syncronized-views issues are still present, are you aware of that?

I'm talking about SketchUp

The live updates will always win no matter what view you exported if you want to prevent this you'll have to select the matching scene in Sketchup for now.

There are some bugs that we are working on where updates are triggered erroneously though for instance if you switch between presets while the geometry of the active Sketchup scene and the geometry of the scene currently visible in Enscape differ while life updates are turned on.

• The live updates will always win no matter what view you exported if you want to prevent this you'll have to select the matching scene in Sketchup for now.

There are some bugs that we are working on where updates are triggered erroneously though for instance if you switch between presets while the geometry of the active Sketchup scene and the geometry of the scene currently visible in Enscape differ while life updates are turned on.

Hi Chris!

Basically I have some troubles when I save a scene in SketchUp. Seems like the scene is correctly stored in Enscape, but if I render with the "Synchronized view" option active the render is usually totally wrong (extremly high or low FOV).

Instead, if I save the POV from Enscape as a SketchUp scene and I disable the "sinchronized view" option, everything renders fine.

Just wanted to be a little more specific about my issue.

• I was testing out the latest preview and had some questions about how the new visual settings will be working.

First I tried to import my old settings and it said they were not compatible, will that be changing as the preview versions progress?

Second I started to create so presets and I noticed that if you created a new preset that any edit you made actually changed the preset itself and then you would have to reload the saved preset and it would just add a 1 to the end of the name. I was wondering if the presets were going to change to work closer to how they are in 2.9 where you can load a preset, but then make any changes to the settings and they don't alter the actual preset. I could see it being difficult if each time you changed a single setting that it was actually alters the preset. It would definitely cause issues at my firm in continuity in rendering production.

Another question I had, this regarding the View management, but I noticed that each time you select a view, it changes the active document, will there be a function similar to the Views tab in 2.9 to jump between favorited view without going through the loading process that is changing the active document?

• hmm it happen with this version but is the same with lower 3 preview versions even with 2.9 official release

it just not display sun , clouds , outlines , vignetting .

sun is appear only from 103 % and highier

yes i have new AMD RX 6800 video card .... bte i have optionall driver to allow sketchup display all faces /before that it was a problem with not displaying faces correctly/

• Uploads Manager, possibly, not 100% sure as I had to reinstall windows on my older PC, and now I got a brand new system... but I do not see a list of previous Web Standalone exports as per this page:

https://enscape3d.com/communit…se/web-standalone-export/

Already submitted an email to tech support about removing a URL to a web standalone... hopefully it was just a glitch on my instance but I did not see any web standalone uploads listed... (empty list).

Apparently it was a "username" change that caused the empty list of exported Web models... Tech support helped with a URL I needed removed/unpublished.

• Here's the Release Notes for the latest Enscape v3.0 Preview - Version 6.

Please refer to this article for instructions on how to download the Preview version.

What’s included:

- New Features:

• BIM and Collaborative Annotations Overhauled
      Both the BIM and the Collaborative Annotation modes have been fully overhauled, enjoy the new look and feel.

• View Creation Overhauled
      View Creation is now part of the new View Management mode located in the new User Interface in the Enscape window. Views can only be marked as 'favorites' or 'linked to presets' after they have been created. In Vectorworks, the native View creation process remains in effect.

• Mode Dependent Help
      The Help panel is now mode dependent so that the relevant content is provided:

• Panoramas in User Account
      Panoramas can now be uploaded to an Enscape 'User Account' which allows access to a Panorama a different machine through the "Manage Uploads" window. Further additional functionality will follow soon.
      A Panorama can be added to a User Account via the Manage Uploads window as long as the user is logged in (General Settings - Licensing - User Account (Login)). Panoramas that have been uploaded to the cloud without a link to an Enscape User Account will not show as uploaded in the "Manage Uploads" window when logged in, only Panoramas existing locally on disk, as well as Panoramas uploaded to the User Account, will be shown. They can be uploaded again to create an online Panorama that is linked to an Enscape User Account. The previously uploaded Panorama remains untouched by this. Panoramas not linked to an Enscape User Account can be viewed through the "Manage Uploads" window while not logged in. In this case, all functionality remains as it was prior to version 3.0.

- Improvements:

• Video Editor
      We improved some cases in which the new Video Editor did not convey all information to assist the user, such as setting the Timestamp value that would result in "overshoot" of the next/previous explicit timestamp. Now, an error message will be displayed indicating the keyframe that is preventing a value to be set.
      The input method has also been improved for the keyframe overrides: Total Duration, Timestamp, and Time of Day allowing for value changes to be made via the mouse whilst also attempting to make the experience more user friendly:

- Known Issues:

• When RTX Raytracing is enabled in the General Settings - Performance area, 3D grass may appear to be clipping through other geometry. This usually goes away after resizing the Enscape window. If it continues to cause trouble please disable either RTX Raytracing or the Grass/Carpet Rendering (also to be found in the same Performance area). This temporary issue will of course be resolved for the final release.

- Bug Fixes:

A full list of Bug Fixes can be found contained in the attached document. Please refer to the bugs associated ID number when contacting Enscape Support in regards to any of the bugs listed there.

• Is there a reason that any change made while on a preset actually changes what the preset values are? Doesn't that make the presets not as functional as they were in 2.9? Is that a planned fix so you can load a preset, make changes, then reload the preset to reset to the saved preset?

• great to see the process moving forward!

any news on the one major issue with the new version 3? namely that you cant do anything without exporting the whole model first? This is something that makes the software almost useless for all serious demanding work. A heavy model can sometimes take up to 10-15 minutes to load (if it loads at all). And often it is very difficult to keep working in the 3d software while all resouces are being spend on the enscape window... this means closing enscape often! if we cant do any tweaking to settings without constantly having to load/reload enscape, it will take forever to get thins done? And what if the model keeps crashing, and we want to lower render settings, turn off RTX or something else that is causing a problem? this is now impossible, making the model useless...

i've mentioned this a lot of times before, and MANY users have backed the points... but it seems that it is all being ignored? How come?

Especially because the fix is SO simple! Just let us open Enscape WITHOUT exporting the model. instead have e big export/play button in the window, that starts the export process when the user is ready. now we can do all the tweaking we want without having to wait for ages everytime.

Please, this is really something that has to be fixed. our whole office will not update to the new version until it is solved. it is simply going to cost us way to much time to use it....