Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

I've updated to the latest version but the ortho view is still buggy. Camera won't stay in the initially saved position.

I've forwarded it to that our developers - this feature is indeed not yet implemented I'm afraid.

Is there any info in the forum on why a second version of release 3.0.2 was made available on June 1st? What was wrong with the first version released in May? Why wasn't this release 3.0.3?

The second version of 3.0.2 just included some more small bug fixes, but since it really wasn't much that has been added we did not name it 3.0.3 just yet.

• I've updated to the latest version but the ortho view is still buggy. Camera won't stay in the initially saved position.

I got the same report from a user yesterday. It's practically impossible to reproduce orthographic views because of this. We recommend to use the "perspective with extreme FOV angle" as a workaround for now.

• I got the same report from a user yesterday. It's practically impossible to reproduce orthographic views because of this. We recommend to use the "perspective with extreme FOV angle" as a workaround for now.

There is another workaround if using Rhino (dont know about Sketchup since I don't use it at all). Instead of saving the view in Enscape, you can save the orthographic view in Rhino and simply turn on the camera sync everytime you want to render. The Enscape window will match exactly the same view every time, so you can reproduce the same orthographic view. This doesn't work in Revit unfortunately since Revit doesn't have the camera sync function with Enscape.

• There is another workaround if using Rhino (dont know about Sketchup since I don't use it at all). Instead of saving the view in Enscape, you can save the orthographic view in Rhino and simply turn on the camera sync everytime you want to render. The Enscape window will match exactly the same view every time, so you can reproduce the same orthographic view. This doesn't work in Revit unfortunately since Revit doesn't have the camera sync function with Enscape.

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately we are using Revit.

• Here's the Release Notes for the latest Enscape v3.1 Preview - Version 7.

Please refer to this article for instructions on how to download the Preview version.

Note: Preview versions are not production proven, so make sure to observe the Known Issues in the attached .pdf document and please report any other issues back to us either on this thread or via the normal support channels.

What’s included:

- New Features:

• View Management Improvements
      You can now mark a View as a "Favorite View" and link a Visual Setting Preset to it during View creation.

• Material Editor Improvements & Configurable Texture Import Path
      The directory in which the textures are stored when undertaking a material import can now be configured through the Enscape User Interface meaning you can also centralize the storage location to align with your overall material storage protocols.

It is highly advised that you do not tamper with this directory as that may lead to a decrease in performance and/or break your materials. If you change a texture in the texture import directory it will then be overwritten on subsequent material imports that use the same texture file. However, you will receive a prompt beforehand to inform you of this which will allow you to first take the steps to back up the adjusted texture.

- Notable Bug Fixes:

• Device lost error when changing Rendering Quality from High to Draft
    • Multiple video textures did not work

- Known Issues:

• Error when uploading Web Standalones via SketchUp 2021

A full list of Bug Fixes and Known Issues can be found listed in the attached document. Please refer to the bug's / issue's associated ID number when contacting Enscape Support in relation to any of the listed items.

• Crashed when exporting to PNG... could not send error report so I am posting a screenshot of the error here (Enscape crashed hard and closed SketchUp Pro 2021 )... Submitted feedback using the button, in case the screenshot is useful to anybody I am posting it here (and for tech support):

RTX 3090

32GB RAM

2TB M.2

Win 1 Pro

nVidia 466.11 drivers (latest?)

• A quick personal review on Enscape 3.1.0 Preview 7 +46849.

Important to note:

Currently using daily SketchUp 2019 Pro with Enscape 2.9

Just installed the latest preview to see the upcoming changes and if any current user comments have been implemented. Unfortunately, I don't see any, and I still feel the 3.0 and 3.1 UI feels clicky and clunky compare to 2.0-2.9

First, The View manager UI in version 2.0-2.9 is still far superior. The hover overlays of icons and the "favorites" sidebar were clean and simple. Great for presentations while minimizing viewer distraction. Now, I have to click four times to make a scene a "favorite" and four times to remove it. Add one additional click to close the menus to see the preview. (Takes two clicks in version 2.9 and a hover click in the preview window.) Personally, it looks like Enscape is trying to fit everything into one window. The side-effect results in more clicking and more hovering to see the tooltip for each icon.

Second, reviewing the material editor. I'm not seeing any major benefits. Materials can be created and saved via the Sketchup Material local folder. All Enscape settings and assign map locations are saved and work very well. Also, now having the search bar permanently in place is not a welcome feature. This is rarely used as sampling materials directly in the model is still the more efficient way to make adjustments. (Does anyone actually have the time to name every material that would be beneficial in a material search?)

Last, This one is such a highly requested item and I'm still confused on why it can't be implemented. The render preview view window still doesn't sit on top of SketchUp while all other Enscape windows do. Why is this still?

In Summary, The UI is overall too contrasty (with icons) and very clicky. The new branding is very nice however, the refresh for version 3 is overkill. Consolidating everything into the render preview window results in too much clicking. These are just my personal comments base on my experience and I don't expect that they carry much weight. However, I find the overall improvements not worth the change in my workflow and I'll revert to 2.9 until either major performance enchantments are made or the 2.9 version times out.

Keep pushing Enscape but don't forget to listen to user feedback.

Cheers!

• To piggy back off of jtubb 's post. The video editor in 3.0 is unusable. There is almost no way to sit in a location for a specific period of time; as the editor I've found rejects two key frames at the same location with only a time difference, The key frames are not slide-able on the timeline at the bottom even though the entire point of having such timelines is to have the ability to slide them. Its not easy to tell which key frame you're on if key frames are very close to each other on the timeline. The UI in 2.9 uses significantly less screen real estate which can negatively affect people using smaller screens. Exiting out of the key frame editor is not easy to find for new users. If anything needs a massive overhaul it is that.

As I mainly use Rhino, The enscape lighting system in rhino does not work correctly. The two choices of lights are either spot or point. Every other type acts as though it's a point light. PBR materials are not supported either.

Please listen to your users feedback.

(P.S. I dont know if I'm the only one noticing this and maybe it's caused by people migrating to other software, but this forum has been dying over the past two-ish months. There use to be 4+ new forums on ideas and feedback sections and at least 2-3 topics on each of the platform forums daily. Now it seems like every other day there's one new idea forum and the only posts on the individual platforms are students not getting their educational license emails, or people asking if its worth it to upgrade to a 3,000 series card. Is the reign of Enscape coming to a end?)

• Hi Enscape Team

Could you please put more effort on technical render quality improvement than UI changes?

Following all the updates from 3.0 WIP - all we get is UI / workflow overhaul and fixes.

While I acknowledge this is crucial for day to day workflow, it is not the Enscape we used to know. (Pre 3.0, or previous CEO Thomas' time if you like to call it)

Where are the ethos of listening to Forum user feedback? It was gone since 3.0. People asked for features like pinning to top and it got ignored. There are many more examples, such as features that Herbo suggested.

In the past we will get response from the past CEO attending people's request. Where has this gone now?

Do not forget that this is a render engine where quality needs to come FIRST, and complemented with good UI.

Why fix something that is not broken to start with, when you actually need much more improvement on the visual??

• Official Post

Hi there!

First and foremost: Thanks again for your honest and straight forward feedback! A lot to answer, so let's split it a bit:

General UI changes

I am sorry that you do not like our recent changes on the UI, really. But this feedback helps us to plan further improvements on it and also to understand the urgency from your end.
    There are a lot of reasons why we even started to overhaul our UI and relocate some of our features. Partially it is to enable us to add specific features that we would not be able to add if we kept the location of the features. Also, the positioning of some features just did not make a lot of sense.

But as long as it is about the UI being easy and fast to use we will keep considering your feedback and plan further adaptions.

These changes do not happen over night. Every change needs to be identified at first (basically making the decision to change something), defined (requirements by Product Management and the UX by our Designers) and then planned and implemented. If we would change the scope of a release while working on it, the whole planning would be messed up. So please be patient. We are working on it. Really.

Not working on user requests

Sorry, but I would not agree. If I exclude 3.0 (because we were quite busy with other things there) we delivered features that users were asking for with every single release. If you have a look at the planned features for 3.1 you will see at least two things where you can find a lot requests here in the forums (Material Library, Panorama Gallery).

I know that we are not providing every single feature or change that you are asking for in our releases. And I get your frustration. I am also using software that I would have some suggestions to be implemented.

Our ressources are limited. So we need to work on the things by priority. The priority is evaluated by a combination of effort, workflow improvement and strategy.

We are also limited by the integrations. Not every CAD is allowing us to do everything (e.g. rotation or scaling). This is also a reason why we changed the location of some features.

Right now we are providing three releases a year with service packs in between to deliver new things as fast as possible to you.

Please understand that we are just not able to provide everything at once. But we listen, plan and implement as good and fast as possible.

Rendering improvements

There are several development teams working on different areas of our software. Two are dedicated to rendering improvements. All the time. There is no change in responsibilities here. So there are always the same people (plus new hires) working on rendering improvements. We would not even be able to let them work on UI things as they don't have a lot of experience there.

Right now we are finalizing some interesting things that we are not yet allowed to share for legal reasons. If everything goes as planned, they will be included in 3.1.

Rest assured that our rendering quality is as important to us as new features or other improvements.

I hope we can keep up the open and fair communication here in the forums. I, personally, appreciate it very much. It helps me to understand your needs better with every post that I read. And the same is true for my colleagues.

Best,

Joachim

• Bom dia pessoal

Vou dar meu ponto de vista agora

Eu acho que é muito importante para o programa evoluir em cada versão com uma interface moderna e limpa, por isso torna o nosso dia-a-dia mais fácil, eu realmente achei essa nova interface 3.0 para ser perfeita, parabéns equipe Enscape, e sobre a evolução na renderização de qualidade do motor é realmente mais importante, mas confiar em outros programas Enscape é o que está em cima (minha opinião) e não é realmente fácil mudar as coisas da noite para o dia , mas para resumir minha opinião eu acho que a interface moderna e a qualidade do motor de renderização tem que ir juntos sim, e não só se preocupar com a qualidade do motor de renderização, imagine um motor de renderização perfeito e a interface antiga e desatualizada, esse é o meu ponto de vista, mantê-lo assim Enscape que você vai longe

• Official Post

ASxJ2099 , hopefully sending in the feedback worked fine and you might've already gotten a reply from the support team?