Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Generally I like all the new additions and have been using the previews.

I really like the performance boost DLSS gives me, around 40+% in frame rate.

The material editor for Revit is great and enables me to tweak textures much quicker.

The panorama galley is great for presenting to clients. All I would like to add descriptive text to the thumbnails.

I think I was expecting something more stylized for the simplified assets. You can get this same effect by just changing the asset ID in the type properties, at least in Revit you can.

I wish there was an easier way to assign the material to the object. It would be a lot easier if you could select the object in the Enscape window and it filtered the materials used in the editor window.

• great work, and I continue to be impressed with the rapid pace of development and new feature, so thanks! However,,,,

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....add a setting to disable the Enscape Material Editor inside of the Revit version. We rely on a custom-built library of Revit materials to document our projects, and the concern now is that our designers are going to randomly start importing the Enscape materials and override the carefully curated selection of finishes we include in our template just to get the right look in their renderings. Alternately, do you have a suggested workflow to allow us to maintain our current carefully curated Revit Material Library while at the same time incorporating the custom Enscape materials?

At the very least, please consider adding additional notes to indicate inside the Revit material library which materials are coming in from Enscape so that we can isolate and remove them if we start running into issues.

(As I am sure you are aware, the built-in Revit Material library is already a mess, and Autodesk has neglected to do anything to help it's customers manage it for quite some time. Unfortunately I am afraid that with this release of Enscape 3.1, anyone trying to keep an organized project material library's life has just become that much more difficult...)

Pete Chamberlain

• Agree that it would be nice to "paint" materials in the render window. HOWEVER, as I mention below in the Revit versions I am concerned that such a feature would unintentionally override materials that have been used as part of the documentation drawings for the project. Unless there is a workflow that avoids this potentioal conflict that I am missing?

• Official Post

Thalles Eduardo , Elnata Fernandes and 3dhouse , this issue should be resolved by now and should've also only affected the Portuguese version of Enscape. If you still run into any problems while trying to open the Material Library let me know, please!

• [user = '9811'] Thalles Eduardo [/ user], [user = '2967'] Elnata Fernandes [/ user] e [user = '706'] 3dhouse [/ user], este problema deve estar resolvido agora e deve também afetou apenas a versão em português do Enscape. Se você ainda tiver problemas ao tentar abrir a Biblioteca de Materiais, me avise, por favor!

conseguir abrir

Thanks

• [usuário='9811'] Thalles Eduardo[/usuário] , Elnata Fernandes , esse problema deve ser resolvido até agora e também deve ter afetado apenas a versão em português do Enscape. Se você ainda tiver algum problema enquanto tenta abrir a Biblioteca de Materiais, me avise, por favor!

Agora está funcionando perfeitamente.

Translation: Now it's working perfectly.

• My PC craches at 5% load if I have RTX Ray Tracing turned on (even if of all the sub-options are unchecked)

I've seen your note about Ivy Bridge, and mine is an even older Sandy Bridge CPU (2600K), so I suspect it might have something to do with that.

My video card is an RTX 2070 and I am using Skethcup 2018.

• I'm wondering whether Enscape Materials for Revit is going to support only Legacy Generic type materials? Or is it planned to support the new PBR shaders?

I ask this because we want to migrate to Enscape Material Editor and all of our materials were created with Revit PBR Shaders (not the legacy ones) and for now Enscape seems to support only generic legacy materials.

• Official Post

My PC craches at 5% load if I have RTX Ray Tracing turned on (even if of all the sub-options are unchecked)

I've seen your note about Ivy Bridge, and mine is an even older Sandy Bridge CPU (2600K), so I suspect it might have something to do with that.

Sorry to hear this, Can you please send in some log files via the Enscape Feedback Button and we can look into what is causing this issue.

• Wow this update seems perfect for me, someone doing residential in a small firm. Every feature here has been on my wishlist shortlist. We'll see how well the material editor works in practice compared to revit's (which honestly leaves a lot of room to be desired).

EDIT: Goodness, self-emitting materials now properly propagate light in a way that reacts with materials & works like a proper light, instead of just increasing ambient glow. This is going to dramatically improve how my backsplash washes look. Before only Revit light emitters would react with bump maps, which don't work well if you're dealing with a thin linear run or a sconce with complicated geometry. It's a huge improvement over 3.0.

Also, bump maps in general are much more visible in white mode (which we use a lot). Huge improvement.

• Is this DLSS 2.0 (or even the 2.2 version that was recently released) or just the old 1.0 version? I know they've made some huge improvements which is why I ask. I'm noticing some artifacts with it.

• and mine is an even older Sandy Bridge CPU (2600K), so I suspect it might have something to do with that.

Makes my sad when You call it "old". I got upgraded to RTX 2070 Super just 2 months ago.. though sK-2021

As I've red in

Enscape Leverages NVIDIA DLSS for Improved Performance and Quality (enscape3d.com)

"NVIDIA DLSS is a hardware-accelerated feature using the GPUs tensor cores, only found in modern graphics cards, such as the RTX 20- and 30-series"

But in my options for ENScape DLSS is grayed out

Are there some more requirements to use DLSS.. I will try to update drivers.. but its barely 2 months since I did last time..

Other thing .. I was thinking Ray-Traced Sun Shadows will make possible soft shades form semitransparent glasses.. Still it doesn't give any shadow.. Only way to do it is to use png mask.. like some of the glasses in material library.. The issue with this is that You can not use outlines. It makes png masked textures look black..

Maybe there should be option next to outlines:

- Outlines from mask

• Official Post

Is this DLSS 2.0 (or even the 2.2 version that was recently released) or just the old 1.0 version? I know they've made some huge improvements which is why I ask. I'm noticing some artifacts with it.

It's already DLSS 2.2 (not the latest revision though, that was released a day before our release). Unfortunately there's one known bug in this initial 3.1 release with DLSS that will cause visible smearing/ghosting if you have auto-exposure deactivated in your visual settings. This is already fixed and will be released with the next hotfix or service pack release for 3.1.

There are other cases were you might see minor artifacts, which we hope will be improved with DLSS updates in the future.

Are there some more requirements to use DLSS.. I will try to update drivers.. but its barely 2 months since I did last time..

It should work with any RTX graphics card, but you do need recent drivers.

Other thing .. I was thinking Ray-Traced Sun Shadows will make possible soft shades form semitransparent glasses.. Still it doesn't give any shadow.. Only way to do it is to use png mask.. like some of the glasses in material library.. The issue with this is that You can not use outlines. It makes png masked textures look black..

The ray-traced shadows only work with opaque materials at the moment, but we do plan to add support for transparent materials in the future. Ray tracing allows to do that more easily for us now.

• I'm wondering whether Enscape Materials for Revit is going to support only Legacy Generic type materials? Or is it planned to support the new PBR shaders?

I ask this because we want to migrate to Enscape Material Editor and all of our materials were created with Revit PBR Shaders (not the legacy ones) and for now Enscape seems to support only generic legacy materials.

Same for us we moved with Revit 2019 to PBR shaders

hope this will be next as far as I know Enscape does support also glTF supports now more advanced shader features

New glTF Extensions Raise the Bar on 3D Asset Visual Realism - The Khronos Group Inc

• как было бы здорово если бы вы сделали плагин для 3ds max

Я хочу видеть ваш бренд во всех 3D-программах, благодаря вам мы создаем хороший концептуальный дизайн

• Official Post

как было бы здорово если бы вы сделали плагин для 3ds max

Я хочу видеть ваш бренд во всех 3D-программах, благодаря вам мы создаем хороший концептуальный дизайн

We appreciate all the input but please be so very kind as to translate your messages into English before posting, okay? :) That was mentioned by DeKoetsier above rightfully as well, perhaps you've overread it. Otherwise, if everyone in the Forum would just post in their native language it could get chaotic pretty quickly. ;)

Thank you! ^^

• I am getting a lot of lag in sketchup if I have the enscape window open in the background. Never had this with previous releases. Its a very basic model without a high poly count. I have to shut enscape to do any modelling which kind of defeats the point of a real time renderer.

Running a Lenovo Legion 5 with an i5, RTX 2060 and 8gb ram which is know is not exactly high spec but never had any issues before with my small scale work.

Anyone else having this? Tried with and without ray tracing turned on and problem persists.