Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Great, thanks!!

Demian Gutberlet, if I remember correctly you said that with 3.1.1 a (big) reflection improvement was on included, is this correct?

I'm rather sorry in case I would have made any false promises - feel free to let me know where I've written that as I cannot fully recall stating any major reflection improvements with this specific version, but it's always an ongoing topic of course.

I was wondering if there's any news regarding this bug: RE: Asset can not be placed

Please kindly refer to this thread here, more specifically to my last response in that thread. A user already stated that the Service Pack update resolved their problem, so feel free to give it a try as well and kindly follow the rest of the instructions I've written down otherwise.

• Official Post

When can you add the top function to the rendering window

Happy to tell you that we plan to include this functionality (keeping the Enscape window always on top) with our next release with Enscape 3.3 or even a preview before that. :thumbup:

• Official Post

DeKoetsier maybe you were referring to this post?
    RE: Enscape 3.1 Released

The announced improvements to reduce flickering of reflections on glass/water are indeed contained in this release.

• The Unreal Engine Trello board (which has since been integrated into their website) is a really good example. They even include flashy little gifs of each new feature. I don't believe it's active for user feedback, but it's a public roadmap that shows people what's being worked on (primarilly the big picture items). https://trello.com/b/TTAVI7Ny/ue4-roadmap

• Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

Here are the Release Notes for the latest Enscape v3.2 Preview - Version 3.

Please refer to this article for instructions on how to download the Preview version.

Note: Preview versions are not production proven, so make sure to observe the Known Issues in the attached .pdf document and please report any other issues back to us either on this thread or via the normal support channels.

What’s included:

• Asset Library Access from the Enscape Viewport (WIP update)
      You can now access both the offline and custom asset library from within the Enscape window using the new Asset Library mode. We will add placement capabilities in the following preview releases.

• Adjusted Offline Asset Library Download Behavior Due to some users reporting cases of data loss when accidentally downloading the Offline Asset Library into a folder that contains data, we decided to change the behavior of the offline asset download.

Now only folders that are recognized as containing asset data are affected and only if a newer version of the asset exists. Asset data is now never deleted and any non-asset files remain untouched. We have adjusted the prompt to reflect this change:

• Replace Already Uploaded Web Standalones

The ability to replace already uploaded and shared Web Standalones has been added. Note that this function is only available when using the Enscape user accounts.

If you run into any issues while using this Preview version, please do not hesitate to contact Enscape Support, ideally by submitting feedback with logs attached (via the Enscape Feedback button) which allows us to help and resolve issues or make adjustments to new features as quickly and effectively as we can.

Bugfixes and known issues:

32P_Preview+3_BF_and_KI.pdf

• Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

Here are the Release Notes for the latest Enscape v3.2 Preview - Version 4.

Please refer to this article for instructions on how to download the Preview version.

Note: Preview versions are not production proven, so make sure to observe the Known Issues in the attached .pdf document and please report any other issues back to us either on this thread or via the normal support channels.

What’s included:

Asset Library Access from the Enscape Viewport (WIP update)

You can now place and delete assets from within the Enscape window:

• You initiate placement by clicking on any asset tile on the left, you can also switch to another asset with just one click as well.
    • Your changes are no persisted immediately but instead need to be applied manually (see buttons on the bottom right).

All pending changes you made in Enscape will always be persisted or discarded in one go.
    • You can delete assets by selecting them (click) and either clicking the "trash bin" icon on the left or pressing the DEL key.
    • Certain assets e.g.: placed in linked projects or replacing Archvision RPCs in Revit cannot be edited they have a different hover effect and a tooltip indicating this.
    • While the asset library mode is active your live updates will be turned on and locked. Additionally once you have made any change in the Enscape window (placement or deletion) your CAD window will be blocked until the changes are persisted. Both of these measures are required to keep a consistent "world state" within the Enscape window at all times. Preventing placement of assets into geometry that has not yet synced back or manipulating assets that are no longer there.
    • We are still fine-tuning some aspects of the placement and will add transformation operations (translation, rotation and scaling) and a way to quickly place multiple assets at once soon.

Known Limitations: It is currently not possible to place one asset on another yet unpersisted asset e.g.: placing a plate on a table until the placement of the table has been synced back to your CAD project.

Configurable Geometry Export for View Management and Batch Rendering (Revit, Archicad, Vectorworks)

• You can now reduce loading times for projects that use the same geometry in all views by turning off geometry updates while switching views and batch rendering.
    • Currently, we export the geometry of any view that is selected within the Enscape view management.
    • This can be turned off via a toggle button in the UI sections depicted below:

• If turned off you we will only apply the camera, time of day and linked presets to the scene rendered in Enscape but not make any changes to the geometry and materials.
    • This does not prevent live updates.
    • The geometry is still exported when you switch between different projects.
    • Turning the geometry export back on does not automatically transfer the geometry so if you switched from view A to B and then turn geometry export back on you'll still see the geometry belonging to view A in the Enscape window.

Supported CADs: This feature is only available in Revit, Archicad and Vectorworks.

Vulkan-based Renderer for All GPUs

• The Enscape renderer has been overhauled to run completely on the Vulkan API instead of OpenGL for all graphics cards. Previously only Nvidia RTX capable graphics cards were supported to run on Vulkan. This step will allow us to utilize latest GPU features across all vendors for future development.
    • Known issues for this build:
      • HDR screenshot support is currently not working
      • The current AMD drivers (version 21.9.1) seem to have issues with Vulkan, Enscape will not work with those!
      • Recommended AMD driver version is 21.8.2 (optional driver). Link: https://www.amd.com/en/support…e-notes/rn-rad-win-21-8-2
      • Renderer might crash after resizing the renderer window several times on AMD

Improved Precision of Emissive Lighting

• We've improved indirect lighting of emissive surfaces that are partially occluded by other geometry. Previously emissive lighting might have leaked through e.g. through lighting fixture housing geometry, which is now prevented.

If you run into any issues while using this Preview version, please do not hesitate to contact Enscape Support, ideally by submitting feedback with logs attached (via the Enscape Feedback button) which allows us to help and resolve issues or make adjustments to new features as quickly and effectively as we can.

Bugfixes and known issues:

32P_Preview+4_BF_and_KI.pdf

• This is an important question that needs a clear answer:

Is it the intention for the assets to be ONLY accessible from the Enscape window, either in 3.2 or in a future release?

I can see zero rational for you to have an asset button in the Enscape window unless it is your intention to remove it from (in my case) the SketchUp window in this or a future Enscape update.

I’m already finding it damn annoying that to access/export an existing render setting from another model I have to start Enscape and then close it seconds later after I’ve exported the json file. Not being able to place assets without Enscape running will be a complete deal breaker for us.

• Totally agree, if the ability to place enscape objects within Archicad/sketchup is removed i will be looking for another render solution as this is one of enscape's big drawcards for me, I would like more control over the placement/rotation via the Archicad GDL placeholder tho

• This is an important question that needs a clear answer:

Is it the intention for the assets to be ONLY accessible from the Enscape window, either in 3.2 or in a future release?

I can see zero rational for you to have an asset button in the Enscape window unless it is your intention to remove it from (in my case) the SketchUp window in this or a future Enscape update.

Totally agree, if the ability to place enscape objects within Archicad/sketchup is removed i will be looking for another render solution as this is one of enscape's big drawcards for me, I would like more control over the placement/rotation via the Archicad GDL placeholder tho

This has already been clarified: RE: Previous releases/previews merged thread

• Bug with Proxies .... feedback sent with link to this thread

I've just tried 3.2.0-preview.3+54526 as I wanted to try the batch pano rendering.

All my proxied objects are missing their materials, the mesh is correct but all the proxied objects are white. See the bed and dressing table in the following screen shot:

This is only my own proxied objects, the ones from the Enscape library (eg lamps) are ok.

OK, I've re-install 3.1 ......

Same(ish) view using Enscape-3.1.1+53717:

SketchUp:

• All my proxied objects are missing their materials, the mesh is correct but all the proxied objects are white.

Hey, maybe that's good... what happens if you apply a material to the proxy object? Does it render with that color? I can't update right now, otherwise I'd test it myself.

• Hey, maybe that's good...

The hell it is, ALL my proxied objects were missing ALL their textures.

If Enscape can find a way for a material that's applied to a proxy object be transferred to a completely different model that only appears in the render window then I'll be very happy BUT only if the material is applied to surfaces that currently don't have a material assigned as SU does currently to its native groups/components.

• Official Post

It's 'only' the reduction of flickering on curved glass or water surfaces. When adding DLSS we had to make some adjustments there. Unfortunately they had the side effect, that it flickered now more, even if DLSS was not used. We've now reverted that to the same behavior as before for regular rendering and are using a higher quality mode (for more sharpness & less flickering)when DLSS is enabled.