Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I think this is somewhat unfair, any official Enscape asset or asset created with the Custom Asset Editor will work we test against those.
    Pieter's predecessor to editor is not an official release and we never used it internally so compatibility is not guaranteed. Basically the assets created with it can be considered "third-party".

I understand and can relate to the issues when trying to maintain and organize larger custom asset libraries I unfortunately cannot give you any news regarding changes there for the 3.2 release.

Christian,

I wasn't trying to be unfair, i just would like to know if this is going to be an issue for each new release. as the thought of "editing" all of my existing old assets again and again is somewhat overwhelming, not to mention difficult given the number of projects that are linked to those "third party" objects.

As i am an archicad user the custom assets have become an integral part of my work flow, having edited both the 3D & 2D scripts of the Archicad GDL objects to suit my own style, Recreating the "third party" assets with enscape will be somewhat of a monumental undertaking which i am trying to avoid. I have approx 800 custom assets and about half were created using Pieters third party tool prior to enscape releasing its custom asset tool.

Just trying to understand if i and when i might need to recreate all of these?

• Nuge I understand the pain of having to edit these old assets. I'm in the same boat. But we shouldn't blame Enscape (and especially Christian) for this as they were clear in the beginning about this being a temporary hack that wasn't guaranteed to work in the long run.

If it's just the metadata of the asset that needs to change I can probably write a simple converter to make the legacy assets compatible again. But that's not fundamentally solving the problem and building a tool to turns them into proper assets (including an Asset Project file so you can edit them in the asset editor) is a much larger undertaking. For what it's worth, I'm considering biting the bullet and converting these into proper assets manually... You can manually edit the newly created assets ID's so they match the old asset to prevent old projects from breaking.

• Nuge I understand the pain of having to edit these old assets. I'm in the same boat. But we shouldn't blame Enscape (and especially Christian) for this as they were clear in the beginning about this being a temporary hack that wasn't guaranteed to work in the long run.

If it's just the metadata of the asset that needs to change I can probably write a simple converter to make the legacy assets compatible again. But that's not fundamentally solving the problem and building a tool to turns them into proper assets (including an Asset Project file so you can edit them in the asset editor) is a much larger undertaking. For what it's worth, I'm considering biting the bullet and converting these into proper assets manually... You can manually edit the newly created assets ID's so they match the old asset to prevent old projects from breaking.

Pieter,

I dont blame enscape and understand as early adopters we run this risk, just not wanting to do the work to convert them all, Like you thinking i might just have to bite the bullet to ensure future compatibility :(

• Official Post

Nuge  Pieter so good news the bug that Pieter reported with the asset library being stuck in the loading state will be fixed for the next preview.

Custom assets with a revision of 1 will just not be shown (as intended) we'll add additional log output so you could figure out which ones are affected as well.

Again sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for the bug reports.

• Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

Here are the Release Notes for the latest Enscape v3.2 Preview - Version 7.

Please refer to this article for instructions on how to download the Preview version.

Note: Preview versions are not production-proven, so be aware that there can be issues, and please report any of them back to us either on this thread or via the normal support channels. Doing so will help us with providing an even more stable and reliable product in the future.

What's included:

Multi Asset Placement in the Enscape Window

You can now select a set of assets from the asset library within the Enscape window and place them within a specified area based on a set of parameters like the density and distribution pattern. You can also decide if your assets should be rotated randomly around the Up-axis.

The area selections methods that will be supported for 3.2 are:

• a rectangular selection based on two points (defining a path) and a width
    • a circular selection based on two points (defining the center and rim of the circle)
    • a "bucket" selection that will allow you to select an entire area in one click

Please note that rectangular and circular selection methods allow you to select an area extending over different "levels" both points do not have to be placed on the same "elevation".

Input Fields for Precise Asset Manipulation in the Enscape Window

When translating, rotating or scaling an asset you can now specify the precise parameters of the transformation operation in a set of input fields located within a panel at the bottom of the Enscape window. This panel also features a way to reset the size and rotation of an asset to its default values.

Archicad - Asset Scaling in CAD and via Enscape Asset Placement

Assets can now be scaled in using Archicads scaling tools and in Enscape using the Enscape Asset Placement.

Updated:

Asset Library in the Enscape Window is Feature Complete

The asset library mode which can be accessed inside the Enscape window is now feature complete. It allows you to browse the Enscape asset library, use offline assets, create your own custom assets. You can place, transform and remove assets directly within the Enscape window and even select multiple assets and place them within a specified area (see above).

Please check out the help panel content for the new mode for more information.

3D Connexion Space Mouse Integration Updated

The integration of 3D Connexion's Space Mouse has been overhauled, now supporting the latest drivers. When navigating with a Space Mouse in Enscape the camera will behave consistently with 3D Connexion's movement schemas as configured in the driver. Since control of the camera is now entirely in the Space Mouse driver's hands Walkmode with collisions is no longer supported.

Bugs:

For an overview of the current ongoing minor and major issues present in Enscape please check out the bugfixes and known issues document here:

32P_Preview+7_BF_and_KI.pdf

Known Issues:

• We are still experiencing some stability issues in the asset placement and multi placemen in the Enscape window which are currently being analyzed and fixed. Please report any findings either directly to our customer success team (by submitting feedback within Enscape itself) or commenting underneath this forum post.
    • Space Mouse movement is (still) not supported in Rhino.
    • We're aware of some instabilities related to the Space Mouse integration. If you experience these please let us know. You might need to either temporarily uninstall the Space Mouse driver, or roll back to a previous Enscape version.
  • 3D Connexion Space Mouse Integration Updated

The integration of 3D Connexion's Space Mouse has been overhauled, now supporting the latest drivers. When navigating with a Space Mouse in Enscape the camera will behave consistently with 3D Connexion's movement schemas as configured in the driver. Since control of the camera is now entirely in the Space Mouse driver's hands Walkmode with collisions is no longer supported.

Which driver version have you tested? I ask because with preview 6 I had installed version 10.8.2 and it had created big problems for me. Thanks in advance for your reply.

• Nuge  Pieter so good news the bug that Pieter reported with the asset library being stuck in the loading state will be fixed for the next preview.

Custom assets with a revision of 1 will just not be shown (as intended) we'll add additional log output so you could figure out which ones are affected as well.

Again sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for the bug reports.

I can report that my asset library is loading again the newest preview, but I don't seem to have an "edit pencil" anymore. Is that removed?

Edit: my enscape asset editor paths were reset because of uninstall/reinstall. I set those up properly and the edit pencil is back. It's great that the pencil is hidden for people who don't have the right paths, so if it's a bug, please don't fix it :)

• Hi is there any news on the issue with ies light output not displaying correctly in the 3.2 preview versions.

The fitting on the left as quite a narrow spot beam and should display as a triangle of light.

I have send this also via the feedback button.

• Official Post

Which driver version have you tested? I ask because with preview 6 I had installed version 10.8.2 and it had created big problems for me. Thanks in advance for your reply.

We tested it with the latest drivers 10.8.3 - If you have a chance, simply give preview 7 a try yourself and kindly report back if you run into any problems. If you do with 10.8.2, which should also work, then please simply upgrade the 3D Connexion drivers as well if possible.

• We tested it with the latest drivers 10.8.3 - If you have a chance, simply give preview 7 a try yourself and kindly report back if you run into any problems. If you do with 10.8.2, which should also work, then please simply upgrade the 3D Connexion drivers as well if possible.

Thanks for the clarification, I am currently using 10.7.3, I have already downloaded 10.8.3 and will test them.

• I have tested the new drivers now, they work like 10.7.3. Everything is fine in SketchUp, in Enscape preview 7 it is not possible to block the horizon and therefore in the navigation there is the lateral rotation that disturbs a lot and does not stop even if the horizon block is checked from the driver menu.

• getting constant crashes when trying to scale objects in Archicad (have send logs) and i see that some code is added to the archicad GDL objects, Can someone from enscape please explain the logic / process here. i have numerous archicad GDL objects that have been coded to get the 2D (and sometimes 3d) look i need. these objects don't seem to play very well with what ever changes are being made. Happy to add in specific code to these objects to make them work correctly. also why can't we use this same logic to allow for the z rotation of these objects (its a simple rotz command within the GDL code)?

Note all of these GDL objects are already within my loaded library or embedded library and are not reloaded when an enscape object is placed (it just places a copy of the already loaded object)

I hope your are not relying on placing assets for each project clean from the asset library to create a new GDL object, if so how are you planning on dealing with existing projects

• getting constant crashes when trying to scale objects in Archicad (have send logs) and i see that some code is added to the archicad GDL objects, Can someone from enscape please explain the logic / process here. i have numerous archicad GDL objects that have been coded to get the 2D (and sometimes 3d) look i need. these objects don't seem to play very well with what ever changes are being made. Happy to add in specific code to these objects to make them work correctly. also why can't we use this same logic to allow for the z rotation of these objects (its a simple rotz command within the GDL code)?

Note all of these GDL objects are already within my loaded library or embedded library and are not reloaded when an enscape object is placed (it just places a copy of the already loaded object)

I hope your are not relying on placing assets for each project clean from the asset library to create a new GDL object, if so how are you planning on dealing with existing projects

Enscape developers any comment?

• Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released the latest Enscape v3.2 Preview - Version 8.

This version only contains a few bug and stability improvements - for all other new major features added with Preview 7 please check out this thread here instead.

Please refer to this article for instructions on how to download the Preview version.

Additionally, if you run into a Revit freeze while Enscape is open, please redownload and reinstall Enscape.

Note: Preview versions are not production-proven, so be aware that there can be issues, and please report any of them back to us either on this thread or via the normal support channels. Doing so will help us with providing an even more stable and reliable product in the future.

• I think this is the buggiest preview so far.

When I open Enscape from Revit, Enscape completely locks me out of Revit, every button is greyed out. The only way to fix this is to either add or adjust a asset via the enscape window. I also get the same issue when I move something in Revit, Enscape completely locks me out of Revit.

I also am getting frequent crashes out of Enscape and Revit when moving the camera.

The artificial lights is still broken which I posted about previously.

I have via feedback also.