Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I couldn't have put it better myself

• Official Post

Ohhh love the site context!

Would there be a way in the future to have the site model import on the skybox layer so it doesn't interfere with modeled topo (and would look perspective correct at ground)? Bonus would be that it would be friendly on performance too. We often have topography modeled already based on accurate survey data for the plot we are building on, but obviously this doesn't include context for anything outside the survey data. Being able to load a helpful semi-accurate skybox of the surrounding region could help a lot. Unless the site context feature is planned to support incorporating already-modeled topography somehow in its future.

This is aiming more at adding 3d model outlines matching the local surroundings of your project we will add options to hide the native massing if possible for your CAD but we currently have no plans to do this on a skybox level.

• Official Post

I don't see myself using the context model but the replace material feature is helpful. If we could add custom materials to the material library it would be even more useful.

Hi Pieter, you can organize material exports to form your custom local library and then just import them from a network share into your target material it does the exact same thing.

• Official Post

Hey Herbo, currently no plans for that but as I wrote in my response to Pieter, nothing prevents you from creating .matpk exports and put them into a folder for the time being and import them into the target material I know it's clunky but it works :)

• Official Post

Working now

If you run into stuff like that again please submit your error reports like outline here

Otherwise there is now way to really help you ideally just make a screenshot of the import dialog that shows the 2d that will give us a rough indication of what the configuration settings are.

• If you run into stuff like that again please submit your error reports like outline here

Otherwise there is now way to really help you ideally just make a screenshot of the import dialog that shows the 2d that will give us a rough indication of what the configuration settings

I did send a report via feedback, as always. just wondered if anybody else was haveing the issue om here.

• Hey Herbo, currently no plans for that but as I wrote in my response to Pieter, nothing prevents you from creating .matpk exports and put them into a folder for the time being and import them into the target material I know it's clunky but it works :)

sorry to hear that. Working with the matpk. is simply too clunky. it would make SO much sense for this whole workflow to be tightly integrated with the material library... right now you have overlapping features that would benefit a lot from being merged and re-thinked.

I really hope that some of the "low hanging fruits" of features will be prioritized soon. These small things are actually what would bring real value to users. it seems like it would take a fraction of the developement cost compared to the "site model" feature... and it is 10x more important and useful for most firms.

right now it seems that a lot of the new features is implemented in a half finished state, and then they are forgotten about. examples:

1. Material library - without custom materials, it is not suitable for professional work.

2. Custom assets - without a way to organize them (and an easier way to make them), the feature quickly becomes useless and bloated.

3. Linked model - why can't I see a list of all the linked models I have in a file? it would make it much easier to organize a scene

4. video editor - still cumbersome to use in a lot of ways.

5. skybox/hdri - why can't I move it up and down? other renderes allows this?

6. slow loading assets - why has this not been fixed? it takes ages to locate what you need. Why not have the thumbnail pictures stored locally?

... and more.

Please, make all the existing features awesome and useful before moving on to new stuff. Otherwise the software appears half baked and bloated.

• right now it seems that a lot of the new features is implemented in a half finished state, and then they are forgotten about.

Please, make all the existing features awesome and useful before moving on to new stuff. Otherwise the software appears half baked and bloated.

1000% Please finish the pieces that have a zillion user complaints but seem to have been left hanging.

• Hi Pieter, you can organize material exports to form your custom local library and then just import them from a network share into your target material it does the exact same thing.

That's what we do now but as you can imagine finding what one needs without thumbnails isn't great. Like you said: it works, but it's clunky and because of that it doesn't scale beyond a couple dozen materials.

• Official Post

6. slow loading assets - why has this not been fixed? it takes ages to locate what you need. Why not have the thumbnail pictures stored locally?

... and more.

This is already being done btw. once they have been scrolled into view they are stored locally same goes for them being displayed in the renderer.
    I get the performance complaint though, we have improved it several times already but it can still be slow.

• Official Post

That's what we do now but as you can imagine finding what one needs without thumbnails isn't great. Like you said: it works, but it's clunky and because of that it doesn't scale beyond a couple dozen materials.

1000% Please finish the pieces that have a zillion user complaints but seem to have been left hanging.

I can gladly raise these points internally as well. I fully understand what you guys are talking about when it comes to features not being "finished" in a sense that a first iteration was released but we did not further improve it down the line at the same time there are a billion reasons to prioritize one item over another when it comes to defining a roadmap. I think that our Product Management team is trying to incorporate these "iterations" you are asking for as well.

• This is already being done btw. once they have been scrolled into view they are stored locally same goes for them being displayed in the renderer.
    I get the performance complaint though, we have improved it several times already but it can still be slow.

I know that is how it works :) and it is half way there! it takes FOREVER to scroll through the thumbnails to load them all, and every time we install a new version (and we do that often), we need to do it all over again... all 50 of us at the office, that uses Enscape ;) Thats a lot of wasted time. and as more and more assets are added, the time goes up!
    Why not include the thumbnails in the installer? or have them update in the background, so they are ready to use when needed? there are a lot of options that could help ;)

And its pretty much the point from my previous post... half baked features. This should have been fixed a long time ago, but instead new features are prioritized.

I can gladly raise these points internally as well. I fully understand what you guys are talking about when it comes to features not being "finished" in a sense that a first iteration was released but we did not further improve it down the line at the same time there are a billion reasons to prioritize one item over another when it comes to defining a roadmap. I think that our Product Management team is trying to incorporate these "iterations" you are asking for as well.

Thanks for the feedback :) I'm glad you see the point! I hope we will see some of this solved down the line

• Official Post

I know that is how it works :) and it is half way there! it takes FOREVER to scroll through the thumbnails to load them all, and every time we install a new version (and we do that often), we need to do it all over again... all 50 of us at the office, that uses Enscape ;) Thats a lot of wasted time. and as more and more assets are added, the time goes up!
    Why not include the thumbnails in the installer? or have them update in the background, so they are ready to use when needed? there are a lot of options that could help ;)

And its pretty much the point from my previous post... half baked features. This should have been fixed a long time ago, but instead new features are prioritized.

Thanks for the feedback :) I'm glad you see the point! I hope we will see some of this solved down the line

Sorry but here I have to disagree with you :D I know it seems easy but there are way more concerns than that and baking them into the installer is no option at all. You could set up a shared directory on a network and then store the asset library as an offline library there that way only one person has to download them.

You can also do the same thing locally instead of scrolling through if a network share is no option. That is precisely why we added the offline asset lib. in cases where users want to have access to the entire library all at once.

UPDATE: Also you don't have to do this for every version the local cache should not be cleared really its separate from the installation. The asset releases for the library are also not linked to the installer in any way you could in theory stay on an older version and still get the new assets when they are released.

UPDATE2: I also cannot really comment on the prioritization, I can tell you about the current development cycle and what we are working on right now but the roadmap is being managed and defined by our Product Management team. I don't really want to speak for them :) I don't know all the details that lead to the prioritization. We are not really a monolith.

• right now it seems that a lot of the new features is implemented in a half finished state, and then they are forgotten about.

I'm afraid I have to agree with this.

I've written a Revit plugin a few years ago that converted the map from Open Street Maps to a 3d site model so I have some ideas about the complexities involved. It's probably safe to say that the time invested in that could have gotten us a number of fixes in various places: categories for assets, custom materials in the library etc...

And an additional issue is that now you have the site context feature, it will be another domain competing for attention. So it's not only that we're missing out on improving core features this cycle, it's also making it less likely that we will get those fixes during future development cycles.

Just to be clear: this is not targeted at Christian Radowski specifically, just general roadmap feedback.

• Official Post

Just to be clear: this is not targeted at Christian Radowski specifically, just general roadmap feedback.

Don't worry I am not taking it like that I understand the misgivings you and Herbo have :) I myself cannot do anything about this except for relaying it though.