Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released the latest Enscape v3.3 Preview - Version 8.

This version only contains a few bug and stability improvements - for all other new major features added with Preview 7 please check out this thread here instead.

Please refer to this article for instructions on how to download the Preview version.

Please note: Preview versions are not production-proven, so be aware that there can be issues, and please report any of them back to us either on this thread or via the normal support channels. Doing so will help us with providing an even more stable and reliable product in the future.

• Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released the latest Enscape v3.3 Preview - Version 9.

This version only contains a few bug and stability improvements - for all other new major features added with Preview 7/8 please check out this thread here instead.

Please refer to this article for instructions on how to download the Preview version.

Please note: Preview versions are not production-proven, so be aware that there can be issues, and please report any of them back to us either on this thread or via the normal support channels. Doing so will help us with providing an even more stable and reliable product in the future.

• Demian Gutberlet

Changed the title of the thread from “Enscape 3.3 Preview+7” to “Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged”.
  • Transparent Materials in Reflections

Enscape 3.3 is now able to render objects with transparent materials also in reflections. Realistic-looking glass and water surfaces add important detail to believable reflections. This feature is currently only supported for graphics cards that support hardware accelerated ray tracing (Nvidia RTX series, AMD RX6xxx series)

This is great! I would like to add if a distortion option can be added to glass materials.
    I have tried with a variety of custom low-intensity normal maps but the results show banding or sharp choppy looks.

Has anyone had better results?

• Official Post

FYI we've improved the interpretation of the data in many of these cases as well as the import error you were seeing.
    That is something to keep in mind when dealing with preview ;) we were not fully done yet.

• Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released the new Enscape version 3.3!

Have a look at the blog post showing off the new features and additions.

There are several options to upgrade:

• Follow the link in your trial registration email
    • Click the update link in the in-program notification
    • Open the "About" window and click the Download Area link

For detailed questions and issues, feel free to write us at support@enscape3d.com or use this thread.

Make sure to click on the hyperlinks above to get more info about our release and its new features and check out this post.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ENSCAPE 3.3 - DESIGN BEYOND BOUNDARIES

In the real world, buildings don't exist in isolation. They are created to shelter, support, and inspire everyday human interaction and activities. Adding context is important for shaping meaning in your communication, influencing design decisions, and overall, creating a good building design.

Enscape 3.3 empowers you to do this with ease.

The Site Context feature (Click here for the knowledgebase article), which enables you to import geometry and topology to renders, adds context to designs. It eliminates the time and effort needed to include surroundings with your building.

Communicate ideas more effectively with the new Alpha Channel Export feature by creating renderings with a transparent background (without the need for design editing software skills). Add substance to designs by choosing from a wider selection of assets and materials from the new Education-themed collections.

This new version also includes Pin Enscape Window on Top, Material Overwrite, Camera Sync Optimization, Upload Migration, SketchUp 2022 support, and Japanese language.

Site Context:

Understanding the local context is important for creating a good building design. Importing Site Context enables you to import geometry and topology to your renders to give context to the design scenes easily.

A popularly requested feature by our community, this feature aligns with our goal to further simplify and support the design workflow. It is great for the design process and for final presentations.

Overview:

• This feature allows you to import buildings and streets and geographical topology from a real-world site into the render.
    • You can select an area from a map which you want to import – we use OpenStreetMaps (OSM).
    • You can use an address or coordinates to select and search for the area you want.
    • You can select from categories "Building and Landmark," "Streets and Sidewalks," and "Topography" to be imported as part of the Site Context. You can choose what you want to be imported. At least one has to be selected.
    • Once imported, the Site Context can be seen in the Enscape rendering window (and only in the renderer).
    • You can adjust the visibility of the imported Site Model after the import. What this means is you can select parts of the Site Context that you want hidden. Additionally, geometry of the Site Context where the project is placed will be automatically hidden.
    • You can orientate the Site Context so your model fits perfectly into it. You can grab the Site Context and move, rotate, and adjust the height coordinate, so, for example, a house can touch the ground. This can be done during and after the import.
    • The imported geometry of the Site Context won't include textures. The buildings will be white, the roofs can be red, and the ground plane is likely to be grey (colors may change during development).

Alpha Channel Export:

Creating an appealing image is more than just the building. A suitable background to support it can make all the difference. With the Alpha Channel Export, you no longer have to have pro skills with third-party tools like Photoshop to do this.

This feature enables you to render an image with an alpha channel applied. An alpha channel is the layer which allows you to create a full transparent background. Background refers to everything except the geometry, for example, the sky, clouds, and any Enscape horizon.

A feature popularly requested by our community, it will reduce the time and effort in post-processing and directly provide renderings with a transparent background.

The main function is to render an image with an applied alpha channel. This results in a rendering of the project/building with a transparent background (displayed white in the following image example). 'Background' refers to everything except geometry.

The second function is the ability to save the alpha channel separately, the same as you would for a depth map.

Education Assets & Materials:

While the assets and materials created will be categorized under education, they can also be used for non-education projects and other use cases. For example, a cafeteria table asset could be used for a corporate cafeteria project or the whiteboard material could be used for a home office project.

Example:

As always, if possible, please make sure to acquire the Asset Library offline to help with quicker thumbnail loading afterward.

Pin Enscape Window on Top:

This feature ensures the Enscape rendering window (and the menus which open in the renderer) will always be on top of the CAD window and other windows which open in the CAD viewport.

It is a feature frequently requested from our community.

This is beneficial for users who need to work with the Enscape window as an overlay to the CAD window and those who work with only one screen with multiple applications open. At the moment, the selected window is on top, which means if the user makes changes in the CAD, the CAD will be on top.

Material Overwrite:

This feature enables you to overwrite material with something from the Material Library. It will replace the current and cumbersome process of needing to do some importing/exporting in order to replace a material. It is a feature that every user who works with Enscape materials would benefit from.

You can now go into the Material Editor, select one material and directly replace it with a material from the Enscape Material Library.

Transparent Materials in Reflections:

This feature allows you to render objects with transparent materials in reflections. This feature is only available for graphics cards that support ray tracing, such as the NVIDIA RTX series and the AMD RX6xxx series.

Camera Sync Optimization:

Our goal is to have feature parity between all the CADs we support and this feature ensures the functionalities for Enscape are aligned. It is mainly for Revit but it will also make improvements to Archicad.

For Revit, until now, it was difficult to sync the view between the CAD and Enscape. There is a workaround, however, it is not convenient as our standard camera sync. This feature will solve this problem and will make it easier for Revit users to recreate their view in Enscape.

For Archicad, it will add the Orthographic sync which will bring the same benefits as mentioned above. So, there won't be the need to switch between perspectives if a sync is needed.

Vectorworks, SketchUp, and Rhino already have this sync.

Upload Migration:

This feature gives you the option to migrate your uploads to your user account so you can benefit from all the functionalities of the user account.

Context:

Uploads are Web Standalones and uploaded Panoramas. Currently, there are two ways to create them, with a user account and without a user account. With a user account is the newer way and without a user account is the older way.

If a user uploads via the old way, they can still upload to the cloud but these uploads cannot be seen in any web UI. They only have a link they can share with others and they have to delete them from the cloud using the Upload Management within Enscape.

Enscape also now includes a Japanese language option and official SketchUp 2022 Support!

• Official Post

Hi,

great. But did you fix the RTX crash issues in this version?

best regards,

Marc Scherer

Crashing with RTX enabled can occur due to multiple causes but usually boils down to your VRAM/Graphics card memory running full before a rendering can be exported - If you still experience such crashes with 3.3, please kindly use the Feedback Button as well to send in a report with your logs, so we can let you know exactly what the crash is caused by, and whether or not it's only due to RTX being enabled. Thank you.

• Official Post

Hi...cannot find info if Enscape 3.3 is for MacOS? :)

MacOS support is not yet released - Please stay tuned for further info we'll share here and through other channels once there'll be any official announcements. :) You can also keep an eye on the MacOS Forum section here in general, although there isn't much we're sharing there ourselves just yet.

• MacOS support is not yet released - Please stay tuned for further info we'll share here and through other channels once there'll be any official announcements. :) You can also keep an eye on the MacOS Forum section here in general, although there isn't much we're sharing there ourselves just yet.

thanks...I thought so...it was just try from my side...hope it will be soon...Im waiting for it to upgrde whole office with Apple computers...

• Really excited about this new release - before I download and upgrade my Enscape 3.2 version, can you confirm that it is designed to work on windows 11? 3.2 seems to work fine on it (I'm running 11 on an Alienware X17R2 with the 3080 RTX graphics card), but just want to double check!

• Crashing with RTX enabled can occur due to multiple causes but usually boils down to your VRAM/Graphics card memory running full before a rendering can be exported - If you still experience such crashes with 3.3, please kindly use the Feedback Button as well to send in a report with your logs, so we can let you know exactly what the crash is caused by, and whether or not it's only due to RTX being enabled. Thank you.

Hi Demian,

thanks for the fast reply.

But what do you mean with "or it's ONLY due to RTX being enabled"? I think the deactivation of RTX Features should only be a workaround and not a rule... Does that mean Enscape developers are not working on all known RTX issues? We have heavy crashes with RTX graphic cards (RTX A4000) and reported them all. Currently the only solution is deactivating the RTX features. If this is true for this new version? I don't know, i will try asap. But should this be a trial and error routine? I really would like to see information about fixing RTX related Bugs or not in the release notes. Just to know if a test-installation is worth the work. I know I'm not the only one having issues with crashes related to RTX graphic cards.

best regards,

Marc Scherer

• Just sent in a crash report with the log files, but I am now crashing very often on version 3.3. It's within 30 seconds of opening the file in Enscape. Running a RTX 3070 and I've be working on a fairly small file compared to other ones.

Update - Rolled Back to the last 3.3 preview and the file works again. I was watching the task manager while the files were opening and this latest update is causing the GPU to run at max memory right from the start.

• I'm using a NVIDIA RTX 2060 and Revit 2022 on windows 11. Due to these past RTX issues I have had the "NVIDIA Denoiser" and the "NVIDIA DLSS" options turned off, as I understood those were the issues. I just turned them back on and did a few test renderings, in a decently complex Revit file, on Ultra settings to see if I could make Enscape crash, like I have experienced in the past, but it has not crashed after several renderings. I was watching my task manager for the GPU performance like "Tearch" noted before, I've never done that before but some results.... GPU performance was low when standing still in the scene but went very high when moving around or rendering an image.

• Official Post

Really excited about this new release - before I download and upgrade my Enscape 3.2 version, can you confirm that it is designed to work on windows 11? 3.2 seems to work fine on it (I'm running 11 on an Alienware X17R2 with the RTX graphics card), but just want to double check!

There should not be any issues when using Enscape 3.3 with Windows 11.

If you have the chance, please indeed give our latest release a try too since some issues with RTX enabled, especially out-of-memory related, have been tackled with latter previews and now also 3.3 officially (Pardon for not making that more clear before). I of course understand that RTX is an important feature to many and we do not want to exclude any users with the right card that supports it, but even with 8GB of VRAM and depending on the scene size and complexity VRAM can still run full and cause issue thereafter.

I appreciate your time. Alongside if you haven't already, please make sure to also acquire/install the latest drivers for that card.

Just sent in a crash report with the log files, but I am now crashing very often on version 3.3. It's within 30 seconds of opening the file in Enscape. Running a RTX 3070 and I've be working on a fairly small file compared to other ones.

Update - Rolled Back to the last 3.3 preview and the file works again. I was watching the task manager while the files were opening and this latest update is causing the GPU to run at max memory right from the start.

Thanks for that, we'll check out the report. Just to make sure, have you used a different e-mail to submit it, as I cannot find it yet under the one used for this Forum. Thank you too in advance.

• I was bit to excited about the Alfa Channel.. it looked like You can set inside of Ens a background image.. It is helpful To have have an alpha channel exported but it was in ENS before.. I was using a Depth mask wit distance set to maximum.. You just had to invert colors in Photoshop.. And later I made another option.. I made a special visual settings preset for exporting an Alpha channel..

Mask.json

I didn't realize some people do actually manually erase the background in Photoshop.. would have wrote it earlier..

• Have to say.... site context for our area is unusable. The roads all sink below the terrain and as such aren't visible at all. The terrain isn't too accurate. This isn't even getting into the fact that all buildings are just set to be generic 3 story shapes that are = to the footprint making a low density area look high density.

I'm fine with it not being perfect, but this isn't even 50% close to good. Where are all the nice looking buildings in the video example?

Also, reflections seem to have no improvement for my use case. One of my biggest issues with Enscape is the fact that when you're exporting a render mirrors will darken the reflection it is mirroring. We use mirrors a lot and have resorted to just using "glass" to get around this, but would much rather not. What's even worse is that the reflection looks flawless when moving around or before the scene has "settled". I'd much rather just use whatever enscape is doing when you're moving around the model (even if its lower fidelity) for our mirrors when exporting.

As a matter of fact mirrors are even WORSE than before this update since now if there is smoked glass visible in the mirror reflection, it just completely blacks that glass out on our project.