Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Demian Gutberlet regarding the High quality texture and assets , I see the quilt isn't good Enough t for High end rendering, and I know that you toke this decision to make the rendering more fast but You can Make 2 version of the assets and the texture to the 1st one that is available right now and the second one would be HD from the current one, and We can choose depending on the project needs .

• Official Post

I'm currently unable to reproduce this right away I am afraid - Could you perhaps send me a screenshot of your geolocation settings, or even better, the project itself? (you can remove most of the model as long as the time of day issue is reproducible) (wetransfer.com for example can be used to upload any files you want)

Demian Gutberlet regarding the High quality texture and assets , I see the quilt isn't good Enough t for High end rendering, and I know that you toke this decision to make the rendering more fast but You can Make 2 version of the assets and the texture to the 1st one that is available right now and the second one would be HD from the current one, and We can choose depending on the project needs .

Thanks for the feedback - If you like, please feel free to also forward it to PM directly using our portal.

hi, do you also have this feature support in standalone exe as well? Which means the saved Azimuth and Altitude also can see in a standalone? thanks

Currently, the setup sun position's Azimuth/Altitude is not saved in .exe standalone views, but this is something that could be added later down the line - No promises I can make yet, but our developers are aware of the demand for this.

• Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released the latest Enscape v3.4 Preview - Version 5.

NEW:

Improved Reflections & Global Illumination

A long-standing issue many users have experienced with Enscape, is that not all geometry is visible in reflections. The reason for that is, that Enscape manages a strict budget of polygons that gets considered for ray-traced reflections and global illumination in order to provide real-time framerates in arbitrarily complex scenes.

For Enscape 3.4 we've improved this system significantly:

• We've introduced performance optimizations for hardware-accelerated ray tracing that allow us to increase the polygon budget - so more (& more detailed) geometry can be considered for ray-traced reflections and GI in general.
    • In addition to that, we've started introducing a concept we call "meshlet ray queries", which allows us to select parts of geometry (aka "meshlets") in a more guided way than before. Meshlet ray queries will determine exactly which geometry *should* be visible in a mirror, even if it's further away and we can specifically select this geometry over other (non-visible) geometry, as long as it fits into our polygon budget.
    • Depending on the scene this can improve the visual quality of reflections significantly compared to before (see images below)

In addition to the above-mentioned improvements about geometry improvements, we've also increased the texture quality of materials in reflection. All reflected materials will benefit from full-resolution texture maps starting with quality level 'High'

(Mirror reflection without meshlet ray queries)

(Mirror reflection - same polygon budget but with meshlet ray queries)

Limitations:

• The above improvements are currently only available for GPUs with hardware ray tracing (currently only Nvidia RTX, support for AMD 6xxx series will follow soon)
    • Some of the improvements (meshlet ray queries) are currently only active during real-time walkthrough and still image captures (not for video captures)
    • Make sure to use the latest Nvidia driver (512.95) if you want to test the Preview 4 with hardware ray tracing enabled

UPDATE:

Custom Asset Editor/Library Improvements

• The ability to toggle the safe frame has been added to the custom asset editor.
    • You can now export your entire library in one go using the "Export All To..." split button menu entry, please note that the browsing area is still very much considered WIP when it comes to library exports.

• We added conflict resolution and prevention mechanisms that will ensure that your library and changes stay consistent.

"New" Category Re-enabled

The "New" category in the asset library has now been re-enabled.

View Management

• You can now edit the camera and time of day of Archicad views.
      In Vectorworks only the time of day can currently be edited, camera editing support is still being worked on.
    • Errors that result from an attempted update of a view (this might fail due to CAD-side mechanisms) are now properly reported back to the user through the view management UI. Additionally, we now warn users to prevent accidental changes of their views projection mode.
    • The context-sensitive help panel has been adjusted to reflect the changes we made to the view management mode in the past months.

Please refer to this article for instructions on how to download the Preview version.

Please note: Preview versions are not production-proven, so be aware that there can be issues, and please report any of them back to us either on this thread or via the normal support channels. Doing so will help us with providing an even more stable and reliable product in the future.

• Regarding the polygon budget, is it a set budget for all users or does it depend on the users' computer?

Say I have a beefy CPU, GPU, and tons of ram, is my budget bigger than a lower spec PC?

Is there a way to adjust the budget for certain scenes if needed?

• The custom asset editor seems to be a lot slower in the newest preview release. In preview release 4 I could switch from one custom category to another with no loading times, now it takes up to 10 seconds to switch categories.

• Custom Asset Editor/Library Improvements

• The ability to toggle the safe frame has been added to the custom asset editor.

This is a great enhancement, but I think it should be on by default in the asset editor. The thumbnails are always cropped so it makes sense to have the default preview match that.

• The custom asset editor seems to be a lot slower in the newest preview release. In preview release 4 I could switch from one custom category to another with no loading times, now it takes up to 10 seconds to switch categories.

I downgraded back to preview 4 and I'm back to super fast performance. So there's definitely something new in preview 5 that causes longer loading times when building the library lists in the asset editor browser panel. Perhaps it's the 'locking' of the files for editing?

• Official Post

Regarding the polygon budget, is it a set budget for all users or does it depend on the users' computer?

Say I have a beefy CPU, GPU, and tons of ram, is my budget bigger than a lower spec PC?

Is there a way to adjust the budget for certain scenes if needed?

The polygon budget is fixed, regardless of how much VRAM is available - In the end, these improvements to reflections were possible without increasing memory requirements.

There is no way to adjust the budget currently manually either, but this is a topic that PM could look into for users that have a lot of excess memory. I'll forward it as a request accordingly for you.

If you haven't already, definitely send in a Feedback report with your logs please:

https://enscape3d.com/communit…sing-the-feedback-button/

Pieter , thank you very much for the feedback as well, I'll be looking into it will and will also be forwarding your request alongside. I'll get back to you with some further news soon.

• do you think the sketchup version can remove rendering resolution limit? currently it limits to 8k x 8k but I can see when rendering a 360 image it can go up to 16k x 8k, so I guess the rendering still image limit can be removed? or at least increase to something like 16k x 16k.

• Is there a timeline for a release version for 3.4?

We have been holding at 2.9 for various reasons, was planning on rolling out 3.3, but recently found a file that crashes Sketchup every time Enscape is launched with the latest 3.3. It worked in 2.9, crashes 3.3, works again in 3.4 preview. Tried multiple PCs w/3.3, different/latest nvidia drivers, turned off all RTX settings. (fwiw it pops up an SKP "splat" error, not an Enscape error.)

I could send logs but it seems irrelevant if 3.4 fixes it. Just would like to have an idea if we are looking at weeks or months for an update.

• Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released the latest Enscape v3.4 Preview - Version 6.

UPDATE:

Custom Asset Library Improvements

Categories, individual assets and differential changes to the library can now be saved and exported from within the Custom Asset Editor. These are then displayed within the custom asset library and the categories can now be used to filter and organize your library.

Additionally, if you want to open the editor in the "browsing state" to start assigning assets to categories or manage the categories you can use the button at the bottom of both the renderer- and CAD-side asset library.

Editable Camera Parameters in Edit View UI

You can now adjust the position and orientation of the camera representing your view in minute detail, by using the input fields in the edit view UI.

Please refer to this article for instructions on how to download the Preview version.

Please note: Preview versions are not production-proven, so be aware that there can be issues, and please report any of them back to us either on this thread or via the normal support channels. Doing so will help us with providing an even more stable and reliable product in the future.

• Official Post

do you think the sketchup version can remove rendering resolution limit? currently it limits to 8k x 8k but I can see when rendering a 360 image it can go up to 16k x 8k, so I guess the rendering still image limit can be removed? or at least increase to something like 16k x 16k.

I have gladly forwarded your feedback, but since the way our panoramas are created is different from how renderings are rendered, it is unfortunately not as simple as removing the limit altogether. If you'd also not own a GPU with quite a lot of VRAM, renderings with 16k x 16k resolution would not be possible anyway. That being said though, your feedback has still been forwarded to product management.

Is there a timeline for a release version for 3.4?

We have been holding at 2.9 for various reasons, was planning on rolling out 3.3, but recently found a file that crashes Sketchup every time Enscape is launched with the latest 3.3. It worked in 2.9, crashes 3.3, works again in 3.4 preview. Tried multiple PCs w/3.3, different/latest nvidia drivers, turned off all RTX settings. (fwiw it pops up an SKP "splat" error, not an Enscape error.)

I could send logs but it seems irrelevant if 3.4 fixes it. Just would like to have an idea if we are looking at weeks or months for an update.

I am at least glad to hear that you are able to use Enscape fine with our latest previews, if you experience any crashes with them too, definitely send in a Feedback Report though - Release 3.4 is set to come out around the end of this month (July) but I cannot share any specific day yet.

• Pieter , thank you very much for the feedback as well, I'll be looking into it will and will also be forwarding your request alongside. I'll get back to you with some further news soon.

Hey Demian Gutberlet any news on the issue I reported? I had to roll back to preview because the Enscape custom editor browser got very slow to navigate (not the gallery itself, but the 'editor browser', not sure what the right name is for that newly introduced panel).

• Official Post

Hey Demian Gutberlet any news on the issue I reported? I had to roll back to preview because the Enscape custom editor browser got very slow to navigate (not the gallery itself, but the 'editor browser', not sure what the right name is for that newly introduced panel).

Thanks for asking Pieter - Pardon for not getting back to you a bit earlier but, we're definitley aware of this behavior and are also currently implementing a fix for it. There is also a dedicated bug created for it internally and I can tell that said fix will be added with release 3.4 (to come out around the end of this month) or a preview beforehand.

• Official Post

Hey Pieter, yeah that has been fixed on our end.

• I tried to download the latest preview but couldn't get the page to load properly (the page loads but I can't click on anything, seems like all links/buttons are turned off). I tried two different computers and two different browsers. Is this a glitch or is there an issue on our side?