Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • In the newest preview, assets seem to follow a new naming convention in Revit. Previously it said "Enscape AssetDefinition - Name of the asset" but now it says "TempEnscape AssetDefinition - Name of the asset".

Could it be this is a bug?

Aside from a longer, uglier name, this is also creating issues in projects where assets were already placed. When replacing assets from the asset library, I will now have the asset loaded twice in the project: once with the old naming convention and once with the new naming convention.

• Official Post

what's new in 3.5 version ?

You can check out the full roadmap for release 3.5 here in our Enscape Portal (feel free to also share your own inquiries/feedback through the "Submit idea" button on the top right). Besides that, you can of course just check out my post above to see what has been added with this particular 3.5 preview. If you head into this gathering thread here, you can also see what we've introduced with previews/releases prior.

In the newest preview, assets seem to follow a new naming convention in Revit. Previously it said "Enscape AssetDefinition - Name of the asset" but now it says "TempEnscape AssetDefinition - Name of the asset".

Could it be this is a bug?

Aside from a longer, uglier name, this is also creating issues in projects where assets were already placed. When replacing assets from the asset library, I will now have the asset loaded twice in the project: once with the old naming convention and once with the new naming convention.

Thanks a lot for the report Pieter - This is in fact a bug I'm afraid which has already been fixed by our developers internally. The corresponding fix should be included in our next upcoming preview or service pack (3.4.2) already but I cannot make any definite promises just yet, just know that it'll be soon.

You may want to perhaps revert back to 3.4.1 which you can acquire directly here, as this would be the current workaround for this particular behavior.

• Official Post

Thanks Demian. Why would you add a fix to a service pack (3.4.2) when you mention that the last stable release (3.4.1) does not have the issue?

Good question of course. And pardon, I should've been a bit more clear - Our current latest release received a silent update (that fixed the ongoing Mac licensing issue and other bugfixes) which unfortunately included this unwanted behavior as well. The version I linked you does not include said silent update though.

I hope that resolves the confusion.

• There are some big bugs in the current official version 3.4. In complex scenes, we adjust the slider in the material panel, which is very slow and not smooth. Another BUG was slow startup rendering, especially when there was an older (pre-3.3) asset base in the scene. In addition, some users reported that placing lights in version 3.4 would flash back and crash. Hopefully, later versions will fix these bugs soon

Good question of course. And pardon, I should've been a bit more clear - Our current latest release received a silent update (that fixed the ongoing Mac licensing issue and other bugfixes) which unfortunately included this unwanted behavior as well. The version I linked you does not include said silent update though.

I hope that resolves the confusion.

• Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released the latest Enscape v3.5 Preview - Version 4.

NEW:

• Rhino - Improved Material Appearance in Rhino
      The way we display materials should now match more closely to the way we show them in Enscape.

BUGFIXES:

• Sketchup - Materials Are Selected Again After Importing them From The Material Library
      Fixed a bug where materials imported from Enscape's Material Library were not automatically selected.
    • Rhino - Fixed Metal Color Not Being Taken into Account
      Previously, when a Rhino material had the type Metal, the color was not used in Enscape. That is, it appeared black.
    • Rhino - Fixed Material Keyword Logic Not Being Applied After Renaming
      When changing a material's name, the keyword logic is now applied. So when renaming a material to include the word "grass" for example, Enscape will turn this into a grass material.
    • Revit – Fixed Assets Families/Definitions Being Prefixed With “Temp”

If you wish to get a full overview of what's been added with Enscape 3.5 Preview 3 and full releases prior, check out this release/preview notes gathering thread here.

Please note: Preview versions are not production-proven, so be aware that there can be issues, and please report any of them back to us either on this thread or via the normal support channels. Doing so will help us with providing an even more stable and reliable product in the future.

• Official Post

There are some big bugs in the current official version 3.4. In complex scenes, we adjust the slider in the material panel, which is very slow and not smooth. Another BUG was slow startup rendering, especially when there was an older (pre-3.3) asset base in the scene. In addition, some users reported that placing lights in version 3.4 would flash back and crash. Hopefully, later versions will fix these bugs soon

Thank you for your input tas_1985 .

When it comes to the slow startup rendering, this is currently a known behavior and we're looking into it. The material-related slider being too unresponsive in complex scenes will also be investigated now.

Furthermore, any of your users (if I understand it correctly) who experience crashes when placing lights shall also please submit a feedback report with log files to us. This way we can further identify the cause behind this. Of course, it's basically always helpful to send us said report whenever you experience any crashing without a reason.

• Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released the latest Enscape v3.5 Preview - Version 5.

UPDATED:

Rhino - Place Assets on Current Layer

When placing assets in Rhino or in Enscape, they will now be placed in the currently selected layer.

Improved Alpha Channel export

The alpha channel will now contain transparency information as well, which allows for better compositing of transparent materials with a different background.

Examples:

If you wish to get a full overview of what's been added with Enscape 3.5 Preview 4 and full releases prior, check out this release/preview notes gathering thread here.

Please note: Preview versions are not production-proven, so be aware that there can be issues, and please report any of them back to us either on this thread or via the normal support channels. Doing so will help us with providing an even more stable and reliable product in the future.

• Very happy to see an improved alpha channel. I just did a project a couple weeks ago where I needed this and had to avoid transparency for this reason. (for example)

Along with this can you please also give us the option to pick which channels are exported! It's a pain having to delete all the extra channel images when you usually just need the alpha.

Now, if you really want to do this right way, we also the option for 2d backgrounds and/or the ability to pick the background color for the diffuse channel (or separate alternate diffuse export). You typically want to use a black background to avoid color contamination.

... Also, and dare I ask, can we please get a Shadow Matte material/option too? One can wish, I guess!

P.S. Ok, going for broke! Please also add embedded alpha option for TIFF/PNG or PSD with all channels saved. :thumbsup:

• Dear Forum Community,

We've just released Enscape 3.4.2!

There are several options to upgrade:

• Follow the link in your trial registration email
    • Click the update link in the in-program notification
    • Open the "About" window and click the Download Area link

NEW:

• Vectorworks 2023 Service Pack 1 Support

BUGFIXES:

• Revit – Fixed Assets Families/Definitions Being Prefixed With “Temp”

For detailed questions and issues, feel free to write us at support@enscape3d.com or use this thread.

• Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released the latest Enscape v3.5 Preview - Version 6.

NEW:

• Vectorworks 2023 Service Pack 1 Support

UPDATED:

• Alpha channel export now also considers tint color

As usual, this preview also contains bug-fixes and stability improvements.

If you wish to get a full overview of what's been added with Enscape 3.5 Preview 5 and full releases prior, check out this release/preview notes gathering thread here.

• Official Post

Hi happymilk :)

You may have seen our full road-map for 3.5 before anyway but just to make sure I'll link it once more:

https://enscape3d.com/features/

Or via our Enscape portal:

https://portal.productboard.co…al/tabs/18-in-development

In this case some hotfix-releases or previews may not always include a lot of additional new features, but instead more so bugfixes and stability improvements if that is what you are referring to. :) That has usually been the case though.

And of course if there is something you still like to see implemented and its not on our roadmap, submit it as a feature request through the "Submit idea" button in the Enscape portal I linked.

• Official Post

I understand happymilk , and no need to apologize of course!

Compared to previous previews one could indeed argue that the scope isn't as large this time in terms of new features added with each version, but one of our main focuses is also the V-Ray connection with Enscape which we're working on with Chaos alongside Mac support - Of course I'm aware that there are plenty of user who aren't interested in either Mac nor V-Ray support, but that is the current status I can share at least. :)