Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • I would like to report a major BUG, that is when we adjust the material parameters of the slider, the rendering is very slow, our slider adjustment process is not smooth, far worse than the previous version; This problem has been around since version 3.4 and has not been improved until the latest version 3.4.2

• Official Post

I would like to report a major BUG, that is when we adjust the material parameters of the slider, the rendering is very slow, our slider adjustment process is not smooth, far worse than the previous version; This problem has been around since version 3.4 and has not been improved until the latest version 3.4.2

Thanks a lot for your feedback - You are not the first to report this, so we'd like to look into this further of course. Can you kindly let me know how large the project(s) are with which you experience this? Is there any chance for you to share a project of yours with me in which I can try to reproduce this (you can upload anything you like to wetransfer.com)?

I'd appreciate your cooperation, thank you again in advance.

• Joachim Hirsch Literally the very first reply to the post Demian Gutberlet made about the voting portal that was made two months ago.

How would we know if someone had already submitted a idea if we cant see what gets submitted? I don't understand whats the point of having the feature request portion of the forum if everything just get directed to the voting portal.

This flow chart is what the voting portal needs to be in order to be successful.

UP!!!

Since it is not possible to vote on "public voting portal", here is my vote! +1

• Dear Forum Community,

We've just released the latest Enscape v3.5 Preview - Version 7.

UPDATED:

Updated VR implementation with new controller models

We’ve updated our VR implementation and are now shipping overhauled controller models for the most commonly used headsets.

If you wish to get a full overview of what's been added with Enscape 3.5 Preview 6 and full releases prior, check out this release/preview notes gathering thread here.

Please note: Preview versions are not production-proven, so be aware that there can be issues, and please report any of them back to us either on this thread or via the normal support channels. Doing so will help us with providing an even more stable and reliable product in the future.

• Since it is not possible to vote on "public voting portal", here is my vote! +1

It would be great to see the feature requests revamped somehow. I'm pretty sure I have submitted the same request multiple times, because there is no visible record of our own submission, and the email confirmation does not include the content of the submission. So I usually stick to the forum where issues at least get feedback and discussion from other users.

I'd also assume (hope?) that Enscape takes into account that the "loudest" feature requests aren't necessary the most impactful. We have 50-100 users who use Enscape extensively for maybe a couple months, then don't touch it for months, depending on the project phase. Few, if any of them are on the forum. By far the most important issue for us is stability. When users come back to Enscape after some time away, things need to work, and not have new bugs introduced on projects that worked fine in an older Enscape version.

• Hi,

downloaded 3.5 but I do not see any feature updates in Revit. Specifically changing materials of assets, and assets with Varients and configurable lights.. Am I missing something? I do not see the Pencil icon below the three trees icon in the assets.

Do you have a video or a step by step to see 3.5 new features in Revit?

• Is Link/Air Link to Oculus/Meta Quest 2 implemented in this update or is that going to stay officially unsupported for now? I just got a Quest through work and was planning on trying it out this weekend.

• Official Post

Is Link/Air Link to Oculus/Meta Quest 2 implemented in this update or is that going to stay officially unsupported for now? I just got a Quest through work and was planning on trying it out this weekend.

Will this update include Meta Quest 2 Compatibility???? PLEASE PLEASE...... I hope so :saint:. My office purchased 2 of them and we would like to start using them with Enscape.

Despite not offering "full compatibility" it should still work without any problems. As long as you have Steam + SteamVR installed alongside the usual Oculus application (used to adjust settings of the device, buy games etc.)

If you still run into any problems, just let me know please. Usually it should be as simple as plugging the headset in and installing those applications. From there on you can make use of Enscape VR as usual.

please tell me there will be an improvement in the program with artificial light sources

Are you referring to the shadows perhaps cast by them or the lights themselves? In any case, more details would be great. Thanks!

• Thanks for the response. Yes, the Quest 2 does work! Although I think it runs into issue that are no fault of Enscape. Is there a way to remap controls? Not sure if this is done in Enscape or SteamVR.

• Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released the latest Enscape v3.5 Preview - Version 8.

NEW:

• Improved Indirect Lighting & Reflections
      With this Preview we introduce the first iteration of our overhauled global illumination algorithm in Enscape. Users will benefit from:
      • More realistic and higher quality indirect lighting especially in interior scenes, through a higher number of light bounces.
      • More consistent lighting and shading in (mirror) reflections. Surfaces in reflections now receive more realistic indirect illumination and don’t show inconsistencies between “screen-space” and “off-screen” anymore (depending on the selected quality level).
      • These improvements are available for users that have a GPU with hardware-accelerated ray-tracing support (make sure the setting is enabled in the Rendering Settings)

Reflections/Mirrors before Preview 8:

Reflections/Mirrors after Preview 8:

Further improvements to this are still worked on, but of course we’re eager to hear any feedback on the current implementation from our Preview users!

BUGFIXES:

• Incorrect Shadowing of Decals With Cut-Out Textures
      If you placed a surface with a cut-out texture close to another surface it sometimes caused incorrect overshadowing of the beneath surface. This has been resolved in this Preview.
    • Fixed Crash in Sketchup in Combination With Other Extensions

If you wish to get a full overview of what's been added with Enscape 3.5 Preview 7 and full releases prior, check out this release/preview notes gathering thread here.

Please note: Preview versions are not production-proven, so be aware that there can be issues, and please report any of them back to us either on this thread or via the normal support channels. Doing so will help us with providing an even more stable and reliable product in the future.

• Thanks for the response. Yes, the Quest 2 does work! Although I think it runs into issue that are no fault of Enscape. Is there a way to remap controls? Not sure if this is done in Enscape or SteamVR.

Do you simply hit the VR Headset Icon in Enscape. Or do you still have to use SteamVR?