Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

2dartistuz , andybot , Diogo Freitas , as a heads up while we investigate this behavior further to resolve it as quickly as possible, you can (besides using a preview preview or current release) disable Ray-Tracing for the time being as that also gets rid of the artifacts in exported videos. I'll keep you posted with further updates of course.

• hi there,

i absolutely love the fix of indirect lightning in mirrors! super! finally

now if you could bring back some additional bounces for mirrors in mirrors we are there :)

i think that in older versions there where more bounces for mirrors in mirrors, or?

edit: just noted then when switching quality modes, while updating/refreshing the mirrors inside mirrors show correctly, its only when its "done" final image that the correct reflections vanish !?

i hope you can this soon :)

best, franza

win 10 | 3080ti | intel 12900k | 64 gig ram | asus mainboard | ssd 980 pro | valve index | dual asus proart 4k monitor

drawing stuff with vectorworks, modelling stuff with sketchup, rendering inside blender/cinema4d with corona render

& ofc using enscape and lately d5 and also a little ue5 :)

best of all > experiencing stuff in VR with enscape !!

Edited once, last by bsfranza ().

• Official Post

Thanks for your feedback!

The previous mirror in mirrors rendering worked only if they both were in screen space (and thus they were also not entirely correct). We removed that to have more consistent lighting results in mirror reflections, but we'll evaluate adding additional mirror bounces before the release. ;)

• Thanks for your feedback!

The previous mirror in mirrors rendering worked only if they both were in screen space (and thus they were also not entirely correct). We removed that to have more consistent lighting results in mirror reflections, but we'll evaluate adding additional mirror bounces before the release. ;)

uff :) .. well, i must say this should not be subject of evaluation but instead is more of a must have!

what if we have large scale glass facades mirroring other glass facades? then we have clay rendering inside the "mirror" ?! come on guys :) no no no crank it up

win 10 | 3080ti | intel 12900k | 64 gig ram | asus mainboard | ssd 980 pro | valve index | dual asus proart 4k monitor

drawing stuff with vectorworks, modelling stuff with sketchup, rendering inside blender/cinema4d with corona render

• Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released the latest Enscape v3.5 Preview - Version 9.

UPDATE:

Further Reflection Quality Improvements

In addition to the existing improvements introduced with Preview 8, we’ve added:

• Higher quality sun shadows in reflections, which also improves indirect lighting in some cases where sun light “leaked” into otherwise enclosed rooms.
    • Reduced noise in mirror reflections on quality level “Ultra”.

Before:

After:

Revit – Improve Revit Worksharing Integration

Previously, when using Revit Worksharing, you would have to synchronize with central when changing the currently active preset. Now, syncing to central will only be necessary when you have made changes to the views or the visual presets. This improvement only works when using Enscape accounts.

BUGFIXES:

Red Visual Artifacts in Video Rendering

This issue was introduced in the Preview 8 release and has now been fixed.

Sketchup – Fix Long Loading Times With Certain External Documents

Previously, when starting Enscape with a project that loads an external document, loading times could become extremely long. This has been fixed.

If you wish to get a full overview of what's been added with Enscape 3.5 Preview 8 and full releases prior, check out this release/preview notes gathering thread here.

Please note: Preview versions are not production-proven, so be aware that there can be issues, and please report any of them back to us either on this thread or via the normal support channels. Doing so will help us with providing an even more stable and reliable product in the future.

• Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released the latest Enscape 3.4.3 Service Pack.

UPDATE:

• Revit – Improve Revit Worksharing Integration
      Previously, when using Revit Worksharing, you would have to synchronize with central when changing the currently active preset. Now, syncing to central will only be necessary when you have made changes to the views or the visual presets. This improvement only works when using Enscape accounts.

BUGFIXES:

• Sketchup – Fix Long Loading Times With Certain External Documents
      Previously, when starting Enscape with a project that loads an external document, loading times could become extremely long. This has been fixed.
    • Sketchup – Fixed a Crash With Certain 3rd Party Extensions Installed
      Previously, when certain extensions were installed (e.g. Double-Cut) together with Enscape, Sketchup would crash when “Save as External Model” was clicked on a component. This has been fixed.

For detailed questions and issues, feel free to write us at support@enscape3d.com or use this thread.

• Official Post

2dartistuz , andybot , Diogo Freitas , the issue of having unwanted red artifacts in exported videos has been resolved with our latest preview 9. Just for your information.

• Revit – Improve Revit Worksharing Integration

Why does this only work with Enscape accounts? That adds a huge overhead on our side to set everyone up with an account and make sure everyone is properly signed in.

Edit; I see this is already released as an official pack. Although I appreciate the urgency but what's the point in releasing a preview release and than releasing it officially before anyone has had the opportunity to provide feedback?

• Reflection and shadow improvements look great!

Is there some trick to making a better mirror material or is this just a current limitation of the reflected lighting calculations?

**EDIT: I answered my own question... the color of the mirror material affects the tint of the reflection (even though the reflection slider is set to 0% roughness.) **

The images with the mirror below are rendered in the latest 3.4 stable release and 3.5 preview 9. I added a render of what's across from the mirror - you can see the wall has similar lighting levels to the wall around the mirror but shows up much darker.

• and still :) we have no reflective materials in reflections - just look at the chrome handle in the mirror...

now that we have nice lightning bring back some bounces for the materials an than you can name this a proper update :)

• Official Post

Thanks for your feedback - happy to hear that the improvements are well received :)

Regarding specular materials in reflections: We first wanted to focus on achieving consistent results - getting mostly rid of the clear "cut-off" line between screen-space reflection part and ray-traced reflection intersections, which could sometimes ruin the overall impression.

Ray traced ("off-screen") reflections had completely diffuse/matte materials in previous versions already - specularity in reflections could only be observed in the parts where the reflected surface was visible on screen (and this specular reflection was actually not correct, even though often it did look convincing enough I guess).

We're already working on further improvements for the upcoming release though - so the topic of better specular materials in reflections is still on the table :)

• Great to hear there are more improvements planned! I did observe a noticeable increase in render times with this latest update. Obviously, going from like 30 seconds to 50 is nothing like the increase would be on a 15 minute rendering, but it does give me a slight concern that things like video rendering may end up taking quite a bit longer with these increases in render quality. My ask is if it's possible to add some finer control over render settings as these improvements come on line.

For example I just timed a 4k render of a kitchen interior with some stainless steel appliances and the render time was 78 seconds on Ultra. It was 55 seconds on High. I'll have to check what it was in 3.4 but I don't recall renders ever taking over a minute. I know people keep asking for that "give it everything you've got" quality settings, but I wouldn't want to mess up the current speed/quality tradeoffs that make Enscape such an incredible tool.

**EDIT: 11 seconds on "Ultra" in 3.4 -- This is going to be a serious issue if this is the direction render times are headed. **

• :эскиз: :большой палец:<3 Enscape 3d в будущем, я думаю, будет постепенно создавать погодные условия, такие как снег и дождь и пару анимированных моделей для анимации сцен при рендеринге видео

• The improved indirect illumination is pretty great! You can see it clearly how the daylight coming in from the left side is handled on the side of the refrigerator. I am concerned that the high and ultra settings are 78 & 55 seconds to render (with the better GI) while the same render is 11 seconds in 3.4. It would seem adding a setting between "medium" and "high" would be useful, as the current medium is really bad for scenes with artificial illumination. In any case - this 7x render time increase is significant, and will be especially noticeable when batch rendering or rendering video.

• Official Post

Great to hear there are more improvements planned! I did observe a noticeable increase in render times with this latest update. Obviously, going from like 30 seconds to 50 is nothing like the increase would be on a 15 minute rendering, but it does give me a slight concern that things like video rendering may end up taking quite a bit longer with these increases in render quality. My ask is if it's possible to add some finer control over render settings as these improvements come on line.

For example I just timed a 4k render of a kitchen interior with some stainless steel appliances and the render time was 78 seconds on Ultra. It was 55 seconds on High. I'll have to check what it was in 3.4 but I don't recall renders ever taking over a minute. I know people keep asking for that "give it everything you've got" quality settings, but I wouldn't want to mess up the current speed/quality tradeoffs that make Enscape such an incredible tool.

**EDIT: 11 seconds on "Ultra" in 3.4 -- This is going to be a serious issue if this is the direction render times are headed. **

It's definitely not our intend to go into that direction of just paying for increased quality with x-fold rendering times. Which is exactly why we've compromised on things like reflection quality before instead of "cranking everything up" to what's technically possible.

Keep in mind this is still a Preview release and thus a work in process. We'll make sure that rendering times will be comparable to prior releases even with the improved GI quality for the final release.

• It's definitely not our intend to go into that direction of just paying for increased quality with x-fold rendering times. Which is exactly why we've compromised on things like reflection quality before instead of "cranking everything up" to what's technically possible.

Keep in mind this is still a Preview release and thus a work in process. We'll make sure that rendering times will be comparable to prior releases even with the improved GI quality for the final release.

Personally I would like the option of "cranking everything up" to what's technically possible. As long as lower quality, fast options are also available, I don't see why not.