Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • - The red layover on the selected assets makes it hard to accurately select the colors. I find myself having to select a color, exit, evaluate, go back in and readjust, etc. Maybe the red layover goes away in edit material mode in favor of just an outline?

- I think the 1/x label in the topright corner of the thumbnails in the standalone library are fairly distractive. I would not show them as the small thumbnails of the subtypes are clear enough. But if you really want to show them, I would at least hide them for all the assets that have no subtypes (1/1).

- I love that the "match properties" tool in Revit also copies the material overrides on the assets. I believe that's because it matches custom instance parameters by default, and you are using an instance parameter to store the asset override info.

- I like that we have access to all colors on the color wheel, and not just a predefined selection of colors.

• Does this new version support the 'hidden triangulation edges on Enscape assets in Revit 2023' that was added with Enscape 3.5 preview1?

I am using 3.5 preview 17 in REVIT 2024 .... and it is not showing yet the 'hidden triangulation edges on Enscape assets'

when this feature will be available ?

or now is off the radar?

If you can see all the assets in the projects as showed in the image it would look much better, cleaner

• I am using 3.5 preview 17 in REVIT 2024 .... and it is not showing yet the 'hidden triangulation edges on Enscape assets'

The hidden triangulation is working for me with Revit 2024 and Enscape preview 17. But it only works for newly loaded assets in projects. It will not work for example when you upgrade a project that has assets in them that were placed with Enscape 3.4. That's not an Enscape limitation but a Revit one though.

• Official Post

I have to apologize for the delay Tas - Do you still experience this behavior exactly like that?

Trying multiple machines I really cannot reproduce any of the major delay at all (neither could my colleagues) when adjusting the materials in the specific scene you've shared. Does this continue to persist if you reduce the project in terms of complexity/size, just for troubleshooting? Or maybe even in a new empty scene entirely? If I get it correctly though, it occurs in every scene?

I reckon you are already on our now latest release 3.4.4 or preview 17? If so please in addition please submit a feedback report for me and let me know once you've done so, so that we can at least look over your machine information and log files - Even if that may not be giving us the right clues right away, it would still be good to have.

• The hidden triangulation is working for me with Revit 2024 and Enscape preview 17. But it only works for newly loaded assets in projects. It will not work for example when you upgrade a project that has assets in them that were placed with Enscape 3.4. That's not an Enscape limitation but a Revit one though.

not for me @ the office

we have REVIT 2022

I will try @ home with REVIT 2024

• Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released the latest Enscape v3.5 Preview - Version 18.

NEW:

Additional Adjustable Assets

Since the release of the last preview, we added another 261 adjustable assets. You can find them by filtering for the "Adjustable" tag.

This preview also includes further bugfixes and stability improvements.

You can always acquire our latest preview here.

If you wish to get a full overview of what's been added with Enscape 3.5 Preview 17 and full releases prior, check out this release/preview notes gathering thread here.

Preview versions are not production-proven, so be aware that there can be issues, and please report any of them back to us either on this thread or via the normal support channels. Doing so will help us with providing an even more stable and reliable product in the future.

• There seem to be quite a few assets that are tagged as 'adjustable' that don't seem to be actually adjustable. For example Armchair 005, Armchair 007, Armchair 009, Bench 005, etc

• Official Post

There seem to be quite a few assets that are tagged as 'adjustable' that don't seem to be actually adjustable. For example Armchair 005, Armchair 007, Armchair 009, Bench 005, etc

We're actively working on resolving that as quickly as possible - Until release most if not all of these kinks should be ironed out, thanks for the report though of course!

• To second Pieter, the red overlay when selecting assets to modify is incredibly annoying.

I also wish there was a way to modify the element before placing it in the scene. That might not be possible though.

• In my day-to-day work, I frequently need to rotate assets by 90, 180, or 270 degrees. While working in Revit, I've found that pressing the space key is a quick and easy way to rotate an asset by 90 degree increments. It would be fantastic if this feature could be implemented in Enscape as well, using a different key since space is already in use.

Sometimes it's not immediately clear which direction an asset is facing, so I have to apply it to my design and then rotate it to get the right orientation. It would be great if Enscape could add a small marker to the front edge of assets to make this process easier.

These are simple features that could greatly improve our workflow, and I believe they would be easy to implement. It's the little improvements like these that can make a big difference in streamlining our work.

Despite these suggestions, I still believe that Enscape is the most user-friendly option for real-time rendering. Keep up with the great work, Looking forward to seeing how the Vray integration woks out.

• One odd thing I'm noticing in this preview is that when I render a batch of images, there is a ghost of the lighting from the previous view that slowly fades as the current render is being resolved. So far I haven't seen any sign of this ghosted overlay appearing in the finished rendering, just thought I'd mention this is a noticeable change from previous versions and may be a bug.

• Official Post

Can you also comment if any of these issues will be addressed before the release?

Hey Pieter,

sorry for the delay. A lot going on here right now.

You might remember the meeting that we had a few weeks back. We explained why the functionality will only be in a very late Preview and that there will not be a lot time to make adjustments for the release besides bug fixing. We are aware that this is not optimal as we are providing the Previews to get early feedback and adjust the direction we are heading. This did not work this time unfortunately. But that does not mean that we are not discussing feedback and adjusting our plans post release.

Regarding most of your points: This is very good feedback that I will share with our UX department to understand their reasoning of the decisions better and decide on potential changes.

The reason why there were a lot of variants but not a lot of assets with adjustable materials is simply caused by the progress of our internal tooling. The variants were easy to prepare without specific tooling. So for the release we will have more assets with adjustable colors and materials. We are currently also planning to ship new (or reworked) assets every month for the rest of the year.

We decided against doing detailed adjustments in the materials that are used in assets for now. So no, you will not be able to change maps individually.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Joachim

• You might remember the meeting that we had a few weeks back. We explained why the functionality will only be in a very late Preview and that there will not be a lot time to make adjustments for the release besides bug fixing.

I have not forgotten, but I was under NDA ;)

I am confused about this:

So for the release we will have more assets with adjustable colors and materials. We are currently also planning to ship new (or reworked) assets every month for the rest of the year.

We decided against doing detailed adjustments in the materials that are used in assets for now. So no, you will not be able to change maps individually.

Does this mean we will or will not be able to change a wood to a marble? You say 'will have more assets with adjustable colors AND materials', but from your second paragraph, I understand it's really only color overrides that we will be able to do?

If so, this custom asset functionality is almost completely useless for our use case. The only type of assets I have found myself wanting to tweak just the colors of are the vehicles. For every other types of assets where I need to modify the materials, it almost always involves swapping texture maps. Swap fabric to leather. Swap marble to wood. Swap oak to pine. Etc.

For me, the 'asset types' is the least interesting feature in terms of asset customization because it doesn't really add anything that wasn't possible before. Rather then having asset types, these assets could have also been published as separate assets. Granted, it would make the library a bit more crowded, but that's it. The asset modifications (like material overrides) is where the real value is IMHO.

Given this, the only 3.5 feature that am excited about is the hidden edges for assets in Revit, which in all honesty is almost entirely a Revit feature (plugins only needed to change a few lines of code to take advantage of this new Revit feature). I know because I made a plugin that does something similar to the Enscape assets, and it only took me two lines of code to turn my triangulated assets into non-triangulated assets.

Brutally honest: if 3.5 didn't have those two lines of code for hidden triangulation of assets, I don't think I would consider upgrading. I realize reflections have improved significantly, but that's only relevant for a very small percentage of our shots (I guess we don't render mirrors often).

PS: I submitted a bug report for preview 18 where some of my assets are rendering as black in the custom asset editor, which makes it impossible to adjust the materials. The same assets work fine in 3.4.4. I do hope this will get fixed before the release. Otherwise there's no way we can use this new version.

• Given this, the only 3.5 feature that am excited about is the hidden edges for assets in Revit, which in all honesty is almost entirely a Revit feature (plugins only needed to change a few lines of code to take advantage of this new Revit feature). I know because I made a plugin that does something similar to the Enscape assets, and it only took me two lines of code to turn my triangulated assets into non-triangulated assets.

Brutally honest: if 3.5 didn't have those two lines of code for hidden triangulation of assets, I don't think I would consider upgrading.

OH YEAH !!!

• andybot Hello and thank you for the report! You mention that you noticed it in this preview. Was there something similar in the previous preview version or you are comparing with 3.4?

(*edit) This wasn't occurring in 3.5 preview 16 or earlier, except for a similar issue in one earlier 3.5 preview RE: Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

This issue has some ghosting of the previous render. Here's a screenshot and the 2 views that this occurred between during batch rendering.

• There was another issue with enscape window rendering in a previous 3.5 preview RE: Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

That was patterned in blocks across the window. This issue has some ghosting of the previous render. Here's a screenshot and the 2 views that this occurred between during batch rendering.

I appreciate the images because they clearly show that there is a problem here. I will raise it internally and we will look into it. Thanks for actively using the preview versions :)