Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
  • I appreciate the images because they clearly show that there is a problem here. I will raise it internally and we will look into it. Thanks for actively using the preview versions :)

You're welcome! Yes, there are sometimes things I see in heavier model files that don't show up in smaller test scenes. (I checked and this ghosting doesn't occur with a less complex model file.)

• You're welcome! Yes, there are sometimes things I see in heavier model files that don't show up in smaller test scenes. (I checked and this ghosting doesn't occur with a less complex model file.)

That's a "somewhat" good thing because many users won't notice it. Heavier models can be a pain to debug most of the time though because each person can model something in very different ways. All those years we have gathered a lot of heavy models from customers for testing purposes, but it could be that this specific scene you are modelling to exhibit the issue due to very specific setup and we couldn't spot it.

• dunno if it was mentioned allready but the latest preview 18 has problems with sketchup hidden elements and hidden tags etc.. the shadows show - even though teh elements are hidden :)

win 10 | 3080ti | intel 12900k | 64 gig ram | asus mainboard | ssd 980 pro | valve index | dual asus proart 4k monitor

drawing stuff with vectorworks, modelling stuff with sketchup, rendering inside blender/cinema4d with corona render

& ofc using enscape and lately d5 and also a little ue5 :)

best of all > experiencing stuff in VR with enscape !!

• dunno if it was mentioned allready but the latest preview 18 has problems with sketchup hidden elements and hidden tags etc.. the shadows show - even though teh elements are hidden :)

Is this when you're updating between scenes & object/tag visibility changes between the scenes? I've noticed this preview version takes longer to update between scenes when the geometry changes & it's not always fully responsive. I have to restart enscape sometimes because the geometry (and/or lighting) won't update.

• Official Post

Is this when you're updating between scenes & object/tag visibility changes between the scenes? I've noticed this preview version takes longer to update between scenes when the geometry changes & it's not always fully responsive. I have to restart enscape sometimes because the geometry (and/or lighting) won't update.

We have the same issue with Enscape for Revit sometimes. It's been there since at least 3.5 preview 1.

I'm sorry to hear that of course - We tried to reproduce similar issues ourselves but were not successful so far, so your cooperation would be appreciated here (especially being so close to our next release).

Is there anything particular that may perhaps trigger this behavior (besides after adjusting scene geometry) or does it seemingly occur randomly after a certain time working?

Could you at the very least please share a couple of screenshots of this problem the next time it surfaces? Otherwise you can also take a video recording of it and if it seems to be tied to specific scene(s), then please let us know too.

• So far I haven't found any steps to reproduce it, but I have had multiple users report it on different types of models. It's happening for users using both a geforce 3070 and 3080. Some users have reported that it happened for them after syncing to the Revit central, so until now I was assuming this was a Revit-only bug, but I thought andybot is using Sketchup, so might be unrelated to the specific platform after all.

• (Yes, I'm using Sketchup) It's something that's happened on and off over many versions. Basically in a heavy model sometimes Enscape won't keep up with geometry visibility changes. It's nothing consistent and doesn't happen that frequently. (I'm in the habit of closing the Enscape window if I have a lot of model changes to make or am going between scenes with significant visibility changes.) It did seem to be happening slightly more in the most recent previews, but nothing I can reproduce consistently.

• Official Post

So far I haven't found any steps to reproduce it, but I have had multiple users report it on different types of models. It's happening for users using both a geforce 3070 and 3080. Some users have reported that it happened for them after syncing to the Revit central, so until now I was assuming this was a Revit-only bug, but I thought andybot is using Sketchup, so might be unrelated to the specific platform after all.

Thank you very much.

If there are any specific steps that actually come up to reproduce this consistently, please let us know of course - Alongside, is there any chance what so ever that there might be a project with which this happens more often compared to others? If so it would also be great if you could share it, as again so far given that this also seems to be hard to reproduce any further input/scenes like that might be helpful.

Further, while the logs may not necessarily tell us more, it still cannot hurt to check them out as well, so as usual kindly also provide a report from any of the machines where this happens, afterward you can again just let me know (ideally sharing the e-mail too via a DM).

We're of course also still trying to reproduce this ourselves in the meantime.

• Official Post

Is there a release date? much appreciated

3.5 is set to release in less than a weeks time. We don't like sharing specific release dates as they can always shift even close before, but there shouldn't be any further delays at this point.

• Official Post

Hey DF DESIGN ! Thank you for your feedback! If you don't mind, please take a moment to forward your feature request for a transparent video option directly to our team using the Enscape Product Board: https://portal.productboard.co…s/19-released/submit-idea

Thank you in advance!

• Could you please turn off the "auto reduced quality to medium when scene getting heavy" (or at lease give us a switch button), this is a long issue when 3.0 show up, basically when a scene gets poly heavy, the real time rendering quality start to reduce to medium, we have to stop moving the mouse and wait for the engine to kind of "catch up", sometimes it never catch up to a high quality, instead it sits on "medium", the model looks "lit by weird blue-ish GI", especially the interior. The weird effect happened on 3.x and never happen in 2.8

oh another not-a-bug-but-pretty-annoying thing, when camera view go higher, the shadow start to bluring, then vanished. Can we have an option to persist the shadow from far away? Please don't advise enabling the raytraced shadow, that is too much vram cost and too much fps drops...

btw, do we have a time frame of supporting touch gesture for standalone? it's been a looooong time since 2.x~~

thanks guys!