Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • Sorry to mention but this bug is also in the current release

RE: Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

Just encountered it when I was batch rendering. Again, this is not a huge priority for me as it only occurs during batch rendering and does not appear to affect the final rendering.

• The red overlay also makes it impossible to see what the material modifications look like. You need to apply every time you make a change, evaluate, reselect the asset, click on 'edit asset' again and make another modification. Ugh.

I also thought it was a temporary bug and closed and reopened Enscape. Curious why any one thought it was a good idea to completely cover what material is being applied?

• I think the number 87 is correct. Some trucks, helicopter and scooter have more models in them. It's part of the 3.5 release. But still the truck-trailer combos are missing....

• Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released the latest Enscape 3.5.1 Service Pack.

BUGFIXES:

• Fixed inconsistent indirect lighting for panorama rendering
    • Fixed "License Active" toggle button not being visible in all UI states
    • Fixed a bug where in some cases assets, panoramas or web standalones were inaccessible
    • Fixed a bug where in some cases semi-transparent geometry would appear opaque in ray traced sun shadows
    • Rhino – Fixed a crash when starting Enscape with projects containing empty models
    • Vectorworks – Fixed a bug where the Start/Pause button did not update correctly

To see what has been added with release 3.5 please check out this thread here instead.

If any questions, concerns or further feedback arises, please let us know via this forum or contact support directly.

• Service Pack 3.5.1 will not install. Windows 10, Revit 2023. Current Enscape version is 3.5.0+107264.

Hi jamespar,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

When updating or installing a new version of Enscape, you may experience a dialog box indicating that a network resource is unavailable and prompting you to select a Microsoft Install Package file (.MSI) that is no longer present on your system.

In order to resolve this, please do the following:

1. Make a note of the version number being requested by the error message
    2. Close the dialog box.
    3. Navigate to our Version History Page
    4. Download the installer for the version that is being requested by the popup.
    5. Attempt to update or install Enscape again.
    6. When the error reappears, select the ‘Browse’ option and select the .msi installer file. Alternatively, enter the file path of the installer you downloaded in Step 3.
    7. The installer process should run normally.

If you encounter this error again, please repeat the steps above or please contact Enscape Support for additional assistance.

• burggraben I just tested 3.5.1 and the Index controllers do not need a click on the thumbstick to move around and up/down. Maybe the scale of your project it too big and the movement seems very slow?

Thanks for checking. I actually meant the washed out color bug(see screenshot in previous post above), not the stick move bug. I wanted to got back to 3.5.1 to test it again, but I might have used 3.5.0 last time. In 3.5.1 I it is stuck at "Searching for VR headset". Going back to 3.4 without any other changes fixes it.

I use a Varjo Aero for amazing visual clarity + Valve Index controllers. The relevant part of my log is probably this:

Did you introduce an OpenXR whitelist in 3.5.1? If yes, please put the Varjo the Varjo runtime on it, it works just fine in 3.4.

Also maybe an error dialog for unsupported OpenXR runtime would be nice instead of just getting stuck at "searching for headset"

I am stuck with 3.4 for now.

• burggraben Ah yes my mistake there. I checked and the image washed out bug is still not resolved unfortunately.

Regarding the problem where it is stuck in "searching for headset", we have not whitelisted the Varjo runtime because some users were having crashes with it, so we use the SteamVR runtime in both 3.4 and 3.5.1. The difference is that in 3.4 we use the OpenVR framework but in 3.5.1 we use the OpenXR framework. For both of these, the implementation is done by the SteamVR runtime.

To understand more about this problem could you please:

• Close SteamVR, uninstall 3.4, install 3.5.1, restart your PC, open 3.5.1 and enter VR. Does the problem persist?
    • Set the SteamVR runtime as the default OpenXR runtime instead of the Varjo one. In SteamVR settings you will have to enable the advanced settings and navigate to the Developer tab where you can set the SteamVR as the default OpenXR runtime.

To revert this change, you could reinstall your Varjo software or replace the environment variable XR_RUNTIME_JSON to the value it had before setting SteamVR as default.

Thanks a lot.

• To understand more about this problem could you please:

• Close SteamVR, uninstall 3.4, install 3.5.1, restart your PC, open 3.5.1 and enter VR. Does the problem persist?
    • Set the SteamVR runtime as the default OpenXR runtime instead of the Varjo one. In SteamVR settings you will have to enable the advanced settings and navigate to the Developer tab where you can set the SteamVR as the default OpenXR runtime.

Reinstalling, restarting doesn't make a difference.

Seeting the runtime to the SteamVR runtime allows me to enter VR mode in 3.5.1. the Varjo runtime does work for 3.4, but not for 3.5.1.

I can confirm that the thumbsticks work are expected in 3.5.1. Now if only the world wasn't washed out, I could jump onto the 3.5 bandwagon. :)

• Reinstalling, restarting doesn't make a difference.

Seeting the runtime to the SteamVR runtime allows me to enter VR mode in 3.5.1. the Varjo runtime does work for 3.4, but not for 3.5.1.

I can confirm that the thumbsticks work are expected in 3.5.1. Now if only the world wasn't washed out, I could jump onto the 3.5 bandwagon. :)

Nice to hear that the problem has been resolved! We will provide more information about the washed out colors when we have something to share :)

• Nice to hear that the problem has been resolved! We will provide more information about the washed out colors when we have something to share :)

Works perfectly as a workaround. I guess it would be nice if you would add VarjoOpenXR to your whitelist eventually. VarjoOpenXR did seem to work just fine with Enscape 2.4.

But it work fine for now. Not even sure what I am missing by setting is to SteamVR instead of VarjoOpenXR. It seem to not do the eye calibration / pupil distance measurment in when putting the headset on and I guess eyetracking isn't available either (but almost no software supports that anyway).

• Works perfectly as a workaround. I guess it would be nice if you would add VarjoOpenXR to your whitelist eventually. VarjoOpenXR did seem to work just fine with Enscape 2.4.

But it work fine for now. Not even sure what I am missing by setting is to SteamVR instead of VarjoOpenXR. It seem to not do the eye calibration / pupil distance measurment in when putting the headset on and I guess eyetracking isn't available either (but almost no software supports that anyway).

Hmm does it perform the eye calibration / pupil distance every time? Did it remember the previous setting before doing the workaround?

In 3.4 we didn't use OpenXR; everything went through SteamVR again. Only in 3.5 we have the ability to use Varjo's runtime directly but this causes problem and we have to launch through SteamVR again.

• Hmm does it perform the eye calibration / pupil distance every time? Did it remember the previous setting before doing the workaround?

In 3.4 we didn't use OpenXR; everything went through SteamVR again. Only in 3.5 we have the ability to use Varjo's runtime directly but this causes problem and we have to launch through SteamVR again.

Yes, by default the Varjo headset does this every time the headset is put on. Makes it really convenient to switch users. For a single-user headset you can set it to remember the eye calibration permanently. I'll test again today if it really is the case that it doesn't do eye calibration when set to SteamVR, or if it just didn't do it last time because it recognized I am the same user. Might have been a false alarm, if 3.4 always used SteamVR.

If eye distance calibration works with SteamVR, I am not even sure what the benefits of using VarjoOpenXR would be. I guess maybe eye tracking / foval rendering (if the app would support it). In that case - I'll just live with using SteamVR as runtime.

• Nice to hear that the problem has been resolved! We will provide more information about the washed out colors when we have something to share :)

So I tested it some more and I can live without the eye calibration and just run the headset on SteamVR instead of the VarjoOpenXR engine. The only major problem left with 3.5 are the washed out colors. Does this affect every hearset or just a few? Do you need me to provide any log files or are you able to reproduce it on your end?