Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • New Asset Package

• 29 People Assets for usage in Hospital / Laboratory environment
    • 59 Hospital Props are now adjustable
    • 24 New Vegetation items (Previously part of a marketing asset package)

Are these assets available to older versions? I thought generally in the past we did not need to update Enscape to see the new assets. The lab people would be useful, but we are holding on updating to 3.5.x until some of the issues have been resolved.

• To be honest, Enscape is a great program for fast rendering. It would be great if they added weather conditions, snow and rain, as well as several animated 3D models similar to those in D5, Lumion and Twinmotion. Unfortunately, at the moment these functions are missing in Escape, and this is really sad. We can only hope that the developers will take such suggestions into account in the future and improve the program even more.

• To be honest, Enscape is a great program for fast rendering. It would be great if they added weather conditions, snow and rain, as well as several animated 3D models similar to those in D5, Lumion and Twinmotion. Unfortunately, at the moment these functions are missing in Escape, and this is really sad. We can only hope that the developers will take such suggestions into account in the future and improve the program even more.

Agree! Enscape does seem to be getting a little left behind in some areas and new features have been few and far between of late. I still prefer Enscape's ease of use.

• Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released our latest Enscape Service Pack 3.5.4!

NEW:

• Archicad 27 Support

BUGFIXES:

• Indirect Lighting in Videos & Without NVIDIA Global Illumination Denoiser
      In the previous 3.5.3 release indirect lighting accumulation in video rendering or in walkthrough with disabled NVIDIA Global Illumination Denoiser was broken leading to a “ghosting” effect.
    • Shadows of Colored Glass Now Behave Consistently in White Mode
      In 3.5.3 shadows were still colored in white mode although the glass color itself was converted to greyscale. Now the shadow color matches the greyscale glass.
    • Exe Standalone Export for Revit
      We fixed a problem with the Exe Standalone export for Revit that was introduced in Enscape 3.5.3.

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Rhino Performance Problems
      We are still working on a fix for the reported Rhino performance problems together with McNeel.
    • Rhino Performance Problems
      We are still working on a fix for the reported Rhino performance problems together with McNeel.

Can you please summarize here what the known Rhino performance issues are? I have seen numerous threads but the information is scattered all over the place. We have held back at Enscape 3.4.x to not have to deal with it. Unfortunately, as we are deploying Revit 2024 that is no longer an option, so it would be extremely helpful to know what issues we are going to run into with Rhino.

• Official Post

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, rifkin

While there is no hotfix planned for older Enscape versions, we are aiming to fix the Rhino issues with an upcoming service pack release as soon as possible. I hope this helps a little.

• Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released our latest Enscape Service Pack 3.5.5!

BUGFIXES:

• Archicad 27 - Fixed Some Materials Missing After Upgrading Project Used in Older Versions
    • Rhino - Fixed Performance Issues When Making Layers Visible While Enscape is Open We investigated two performance issues when enabling/disabling layers. On the one hand, Rhino takes a long time to calculate the changes and previously, Enscape took extremely long to apply these changes. We fixed the performance issues on the Enscape side and enabling/disabling layers should no longer stall Rhino. We reported the former problem to the Rhino developers, so it can be addressed in future Rhino versions

You can refer to our previous announcement post of Service Pack 3.5.4 and prior here.

• :sketchup: Dear Enscape ( 3.5.4 ) 3D developers, please fix the problem with reflections that are visible on metal surfaces. This greatly spoils the visualization and worsens the quality of work. I hope you will be able to solve this problem soon. Thank you for your hard work and attention.

• While there is no hotfix planned for older Enscape versions, we are aiming to fix the Rhino issues with an upcoming service pack release as soon as possible. I hope this helps a little.

@Kaj Burival - The Oct 26 Enscape update did not help with Rhino. And it sounds like the "fix" is now waiting on McNeel.

Again, I will ask. Is there any guidance for a firm needing to use both Rhino and Revit 2024?

Enscape was such a unique product when it came out, we essentially built our entire design process for a 1000+ person firm around it. You could have stopped development at v2.9, just issued updates for host software compatibility, and it would have been preferable to what we have now. Every major update forces a choice between Revit, Rhino, or Sketchup, until some bug or another gets worked out months later. Maddening.

• Official Post

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released Enscape 3.5.6 Preview 1.

UPDATE:

Improved Render Quality via NVIDIA Denoiser for Capture Exports

Image and video capture exports are now using the NVIDIA ReLAX denoiser if the corresponding Renderer Setting is enabled (previously NVIDIA Denoiser setting only affected real-time walkthroughs). Noise on captured images and videos, especially on rough metallic surfaces, is much improved compared to before.

BUGFIXES:

Stability & Loading Time Improvements

In some cases loading time of very large & complex projects could take a very long time or entirely fail.

To see what has been added with release 3.5 itself please check out this post here.

If any questions or further feedback arises, please let us know via this thread or by creating a new one.

• ReLAX

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Running the preview on a 2-ish million poly Rhino model and the performance seems to be improved but the load times seem about the same(maybe a second faster). Its a positive upgrade overall though, so I'll take it! Nice Job

• Full of excitement I redid all the renderings of the project I posted before and I noticed a problem:

In practice it seems that the renderings of the new version (this time on the right side compared to before) lose some light bounce on the metal surface which is now dimly lit compared to before.

I will continue to investigate.

Mirko

• Official Post

Thanks a lot for your report. Looking at the images I think that's not a denoising problem, but probably the emissive(?) geometry not being visible anymore. This could be related to other changes behind the scenes that involve the data structures used for ray tracing.

It'd be great if you can share the material setup of these objects (maybe try flipping front/backside?) or even share that section of the project with us, so we can investigate this further. Thanks!