SketchUp Pages and Animation Path to Enscape Animation VideoPath plugin.

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hello,

On our french forum biblo3d.com, we have developed recently a free sketchUp plugin able to produce Enscape VideoPath in XML format from either sketchUp pages or any type of animation path curve.

This plugin is named SJ_XML_To_Enscape_Path_Video and have been written by Simon JOUBERT.

The free plugin written in French and English version is available for download HERE

Some video tests can be seen on this tread dedicated to SMustard FlightPath 2 plugin HERE.

A Quick description of this plugin :

SJ XML To Enscape Path Video is a plugin for Sketchup.

It allows you to create an XML file, which will then be imported into Enscape to configure the videoPath.

The plugin allows you to create key frames either from SketchUp pages, or from the edges of a curve and a target component.

In both cases, you can:

Define the delay between two viewpoints, with 3 parameters (beginning, middle and end of animation). It is thus possible to simulate an acceleration or a deceleration.

Set animation start, middle and end time, time of each view is calculated, which can simulate time passing or animation going back in time.

3 camera options (shaky, smooth transition and field of view angle).

For the animation Path obtained from a curve only, forward or reverse simulation.

For the animation Path obtained from a curve and a target component, additional options (Traveling and Panorama).

The XML files are saved in a subfolder bearing the name of the model in the model folder.

The parameters of the last export are saved for each type (curve or scenes) in an attribute dictionary of the model.

The plugin is translated into English and French according to Sketchup's language settings.

Access to the plug-in :

via the menu > Extensions > Simjoubert Tools > XML To Enscape Path Video

or by SJ XML To Enscape Path Video Toolbar

XML Dialog window from Sketchup pages

XML dialog from animation path curve and a target component

Hope this coud be of interest some of you.

JDD

• Go to Best Answer
    • Official Post

I'm confused by the title of your post - what are you sharing here? a plugin or a sample of an Enscape video?

Sorry that was my fault, I seem to have moved the initial post which I wanted to just copy (into the Tips&Tricks section). Now it makes sense again. ;)

• Hello,

An simple animation example created with this plugin

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm interested in this: Can you provide an English transcript on how it works etc?

hello jtubb

I think he plugin is translated into English and French according to Sketchup's language settings.

But Simon the creator of the plugin can I think tell you more

It allows you to create an XML file, which will then be imported into Enscape to configure the video trajectory.

The plugin allows you to create keyframes either from the model scenes, or from the edges of a curve and a target component.

In both cases you can:

Define the delay between two viewpoints, with 3 parameters (beginning, middle and end of animation). It is thus possible to simulate an acceleration or a deceleration.

Set animation start, middle and end time, time of each view is calculated, which can simulate time passing or animation going back in time.

3 camera options (shaky, smooth transition and field of view angle).

For the trajectory obtained from a curve only, forward or reverse simulation.

For the trajectory obtained from a curve and a target component, additional options (Traveling and panorama).

The XML files are saved in a subfolder bearing the name of the model in the model folder.

The parameters of the last export are saved for each type (curve or scenes) in an attribute dictionary of the model.

• jtubb

A quick description of this plugin is placed at beginning on this post.

This plugin will create an xml videopath which can be used directly inside Enscape to produce the animation.

Two wyas are available for that at the moment

1- First way :

You have to create all scenes (pages) of your animation ( a walkthrough for example) in sketchUp

Each scene (page) will be used as a keyframe later by the plugin

Then you have to save you file and then launch the plugin (SJ XML To Enscape Path Video)

You can then play with several parameters which will be used by Enscape to create the animation :

Timestamp in second, which is transition time between each interpolate scene

the hour of the day with 3 values possible for visual aspect of the animation :

Start, Middle and End hour, which can simulate time passing along animation.

If start, middle and end hour have same value, hour the day will not change during animation

3 camera options (shaky camera, smooth transition and FOV).

Forward or Reverse animation, (animation start from first page to last one or from last page to first one )

The XML VideoPath file created will be then saved in a sub-folder created in the folder where the model is save.

You have just to import that file in the Enscape video editor to create the animation

2- Second Way

You have to create first an animation camera path inside sketchUp ( should be a polyline), and launch the plugin after having selected the camera path created,

A keyframe will be created at each nodes of the path with two options for the camera target

First target option is Camera path node

Second target option is a Single point

To create this single target point, you just have to place in the model a simple component which will be used as target and his center point will be used as the camera single target point.

Then you will have to proceed same s for First way above for all other parameters

No pages will be created in SketchUp by the plugin at the moment

In the here after video you can follow a simple tutorial using the first way method

A camera Path is first created in SketchUp and place at eye level

Then scenes (pages) are created with the Smustard FlightPath2 plugin with a single point target point for the camera ( here end of a line created for that purpose)

Then the plugin is launched to create the XML VideoPath for Enscape

And finaly the animation video is created with Enscape.

Note : when this video was created, the final plugin (with a dedicated toolbar in sketchUp) was not yet created. So to start the plugin, the Ruby code was copy/pasted in sketchUp ruby console

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The result is :

PS : Please apologize my bad English wording

• Hello

I'm Simon, the author of this plugin.

I see that my two Ambassadors JDD and Tenrev have worked well to publicize my plugin. :thumbsup:

:!:Small correction to what has been said :

Forward or reverse mode does not reverse the direction of the animation. In forward, the camera points to the next node of the curve, in reverse the camera points to the previous node simulating a camera placed in the back.

Version 1.1 is coming soon with:

• A viewpoint timestamp and time increment type option. (linear or sinusoidal).
    • The creation of scenes from the curve.
    • The use of scene transition and time settings.
    • And finally the management of focal lengths.

Thank you for your interest in my plugin.

Simon

• Overall - great concept! The video tutorials aren't very helpful for me as there is a language wall.

A few things:

Is it possible to make camera paths with the line tool? The curve tool can produce too many keyframes.

First target option is Camera path node

Second target option is a Single point

To create this single target point, you just have to place in the model a simple component which will be used as target and his center point will be used as the camera single target point.

Do this above mean that you can have the camera target an object? If so how? I wasn't able to make this.

• jtubb

Yes indeed, you can use line tool and then apply on it a divider to produce the number of segments you want, and consequently, the number of keyframes that will be produced for the animation. You can also use Fredo Spline plugin, and use the Polyline with division pattern, specially dedicated for animation path.

Yes, instead of using camera path nodes, you can place in your model any object you want to be used as a target for the camera during his motion along the camera path. The center point of the bounding box of this object will be used as a single point target.

In that case, you have to select the camera path and the target object before launching the plugin. Then in the parameters you have to chose "Travelling" for type of motion. That's all.

Edit : Here an example with a cube used as a target in center of the scene. Camera path is a simple circle.

• This is very interesting, and pretty close to a new feature request I posted 10th march - it's really great to see this plugin in action. I agree with jtubb, this is a great concept, and it gives me hope that scenes from Sketchup can be used as Keyframes in a video path.

One question from me:

After drawing the spline in Sketchup, and all the Scenes get generated, is it then possible to hide a Component in one scene, and then make it visible in another scene?

Many thanks for this.

• Best Answer

hello

another video made with the plugin with texts in French sorry

• Good evening

You can show or hide components depending on the scenes, but the Enscape video module will not take this into account.

It uses key frames with a position and physical camera parameters (focal…). And uses SketchUp's current view, there is no scene reference.

You will have to join several videos outside Enscape, with for each of them the modifications of the display of the components.

Thank you for your compliments.

Simon

• Hello

The SJ XML To Enscape Path Video , in action with multiple video paths.

This video mixes video trajectories, tracking shots, forward, reverse and panorama.

They are generated by the plugin after selections of the path curves and needing, for the traveling, a target component, and for the panorama, a component, corresponding to the position of the camera.

External Content www.youtube.com

More information : https://www.sketchup.simjouber…o-enscape-path-video.html

• This is really great Simjoubert. The end result is looking smooth. :thumbsup:

This may be a big task but it would be super helpful if you could make a short video showing the actual working process in SketchUp building the camera path, adding the transition between 1 path and the next, setting the target component, and how to add a Component corresponding to position of the camera?

• Hello Sketchuppers!

I am happy to announce the release of version 0.2.0 of the Sj XML To Enscape Path Video plugin.

### VERSION NOTES:

V 0.2.0 2022/04/11

Plugin redesign

The trajectories made with the previous version of the plugin are not compatible.

Video paths are now groups containing:

• a curve,
    • a direction component to indicate the direction of the curve
    • from 0 to 3 target components,
    • camera components with (camera, focal point segment, panorama target)

All these entities are grouped into a group automatically by the plugin.

All entities are affected on layers / tags.

The plugin considers each point of the curve as being a key frame of the video trajectory.

There are 3 remarkable points of the curve for the plugin:

• its starting point,
    • the middle point (in number of keyframes),
    • the point of arrival.

The plugin is divided into 4 steps:

Step 1: You draw a curve. With the tool of your choice (welded edges, arc, circle, polyline, Bézier curve)

You place 0 to 3 target components with the place target toolbar button. You assign the Start, Middle or Finish position attribute

Step 2: Converting a selected curve, or a curve and 1-3 target components, into a video path group.

After having filled in the parameters, at each point of the curve, a camera component is placed and oriented according to the parameterized trajectory mode.

A scene with a style is created. The video paths layer is activated on this scene only. The new scene is not added to the animation.

If the "create scenes" option is activated, clicking on a camera with the interact dynamic components tool will activate the scene (Only the view of the scene, bug of the dynamic components function.)

Step 3: Possible edition of the direction of the curve to reverse the starting point of the trajectory. In the case of a closed curve, possibility of shifting the starting point.

Modification of the parameters of the trajectory.

Removed trajectory and related scenes.

Added new targets (Enter the group)

Editing parameters for targets (Enter the group, select the target and click the edit target button)

Step 4: Creating an XML file combining one or more video path groups. You select them and then order them via a dialog box).

You can enter a different file name each time or overwrite an existing XML file.

It remains the possibility to export scenes (those included in the animation only) in XML file

The toolbar and menu use procedural validation. Features incompatible with the selection in the model are grayed out.

You can download it from my site:

https://www.sketchup.simjouber…o-enscape-path-video.html

Here is an explanatory video of the new features with English subtitles.

Simon