Need help with laptop decision for Sketchup/Enscape

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I know laptops aren't as well equipped as desktops, but my working situations needs me to be portable. I'm looking at these two:

1.MSI Stealth GS66 Laptop - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900H - GeForce RTX 3070 - 2560 x 1440

2.Lenovo LEGION 5 Pro 16" Gaming Laptop - 11th Gen Intel Core i7-11800H - GeForce RTX 3070 - 165Hz 2560 x 1600

I'm not the most savvy when it comes to what's in the computer, just how to use it, so any help is appreciated!

• Official Post

AndrewM_64 , welcome to our Forum!

Both of these machines will work great with Enscape and there should not be any performance difference between those two when it comes to using Enscape - It really boils down to your personal preference in the end. :)

We have rather often used MSI machines ourselves on exhibitions and as our day-to-day working PCs and were rather satisfied with them, but I know that Lenovo is not a bad brand either. Again, in the end, it boils down to preference and the Lenovo should have a bit of a sharper screen due to the increase in resolution, but the difference won't be very large compared to the MSI laptop.

• In terms of the actual day to day usability, I think the Lenovo might be a better bet simply because of the screen size.

The MSI is 2560 x 1440 and the Lenovo is 2560 x 1600. that would mean the Lenovo has a 16x10 aspect screen, these are much nicer to work with. If you think about how much of your vertical space is taken up with titlebars, toolbars, taskbars etc then every extra mm is valuable.

If you web chat regularly then it's worth checking out the position of the cam, some have them at the bottom of the screen giving whoever you're chatting with a nice view up your nose.

Other than that they are relatively equal, I would see if you can get the RTX3060 with its 12Gb of ram instead of the 3070 with its 8 though.

MAKE SURE ITS THE 3060 WITH THE 12, There's one with 8 in which case the 3070 is better