Enscape is great but I cant use it for pro renders.

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • That's very valuable information. Exactly right about the "softness," that's the right word. The close up images look crisp enough to me but the long view becomes mushy looking. Now I just tried a higher resolution. The Ultra HD crashed my program again, but I put in a custom of 2432 x 1366 and that worked, looks much better. I never would have figured that out if you hadn't told me; didn't know it could be a function of resolution. Thank you so much.

• which is where the softness in the image comes from

That's very valuable information. Exactly right about the "softness," that's the right word. The close up images look crisp enough to me but the long view becomes mushy looking. Now I just tried a higher resolution. The Ultra HD crashed my program again, but I put in a custom of 2432 x 1366 and that worked, looks much better. I never would have figured that out if you hadn't told me; didn't know it could be a function of resolution. Thank you so much.

• That's very valuable information. Exactly right about the "softness," that's the right word. The close up images look crisp enough to me but the long view becomes mushy looking. Now I just tried a higher resolution. The Ultra HD crashed my program again, but I put in a custom of 2432 x 1366 and that worked, looks much better. I never would have figured that out if you hadn't told me; didn't know it could be a function of resolution. Thank you so much.

Ctrl+Alt+Delete into windows task manager to see how much system memory is available and what everything is using. Sounds to me like your GPU doesn't have much memory and is crashing at higher resolutions.

• From their support pageI wonder what the 74% Memory refers to? It's a new computer but I only have 8 GB of CPU Ram memory, and 6 GB of GPU NVIDIA GeFORce GTX 1660 SUPER. (I do keep getting messages saying that about 75% of my memory is being used; guess they mean CPU Ram).

The 74% is your system memory (apps, running). You should upgrade to 16GB if at all possible. It's an economical upgrade. Larger models and more applications running at once will fill 8GB up very quickly. Your GPU memory being used will show up if you hit the tab on top there labeled "Performance." Ultra, paired with a high output resolution is definitely crashing because Enscape/SketchUp is using up all that memory and needs more. You need to use smaller resolution materials and use HIGH. I hardly see a difference between HIGH vs ULTRA.

From their support page:

"Please be aware that exporting renderings in such high resolutions can overwhelm your graphics card, in extreme cases causing Enscape to shut down."

• The 74% is your system memory (apps, running). You should upgrade to 16GB if at all possible. It's an economical upgrade. Larger models and more applications running at once will fill 8GB up very quickly. Your GPU memory being used will show up if you hit the tab on top there labeled "Performance." Ultra, paired with a high output resolution is definitely crashing because Enscape/SketchUp is using up all that memory and needs more. You need to use smaller resolution materials and use HIGH. I hardly see a difference between HIGH vs ULTRA.

From their support page:

"Please be aware that exporting renderings in such high resolutions can overwhelm your graphics card, in extreme cases causing Enscape to shut down."

You have taught me a ton. I so appreciate it. I am experimenting with the settings now. I learned a lot today.

• Enscape is OK if you don't use any mirrors or reflective materials.

Seems like a big issue for a "Realistic renderer."

Biased renders are by definition not realistic.. I know What developers write on page but to me main advantage in ENS is speed.. You are able to Sit with client and walk him through the house.. Most of People wouldnt notice anything odd in the reflections.. Most of our clients are troubled with the fact that colour of the bilding is slightly different when rendering elevation around noon time and evening scene.. I know ENS is hard when You want to have absolute control.. But there is plenty of professionals who don't need it.

• I would shoot for 32GB if you can. I feel like I need to think about 64 soon, I can't imagine working with 8GB these days.

With their GPU, 32 would be overkill. That is assuming they don't plan on upgrading other components within the year or two. 16 should be standard minimum spec for gaming and/or pro work. 32 would give me more than enough overhead. 64?! Forget about it lol. I'd never ever get close to that. Hoping 4x series from Nvidia will bump the Vram significantly, but the leaks so far are not looking promising. Realtime needs a large amount of Vram and the 10GB 3080 was a letdown.

• Official Post

Just to let you know, our latest preview further improves upon reflections and global illumination - Since it's still a work in progress, we'd love to hear your feedback of course.

Check out this thread here for more information:

Enscape 3.4 Preview 5