user accounts in combination with floating licenses

• Hi Enscape support,

Is it possible to create user accounts in Enscape for uploading images and panorama's and still use the floating license?
    We have around 20 designers and 5 floating license seats. For concurrent use this is sufficient. I don't want to attach licenses to fixed users.

But it would be nice if all the users can use the upload functionality to create links to showcase panoramas to clients. Most of the clients don't have computers with specs to run the standalone .exe files.

Thx, Lars

• Hi Enscape support,

Is it possible to create user accounts in Enscape for uploading images and panorama's and still use the floating license?
    We have around 20 designers and 5 floating license seats. For concurrent use this is sufficient. I don't want to attach licenses to fixed users.

But it would be nice if all the users can use the upload functionality to create links to showcase panoramas to clients. Most of the clients don't have computers with specs to run the standalone .exe files.

Thx, Lars

Welcome to our Forum Larsonski .

While this isn't currently possible, I will forward your Feedback accordingly for consideration and internal discussion.

If anything else comes up, let me know as well whenever you like.

• Helpful

Hi Larsonski

Let me specify Demian's answer a bit. There is no problem in using a floating license with user accounts. The license will NOT be attached to a fixed user, it just defines which user has access to which license. But the license behavior remains the same whether you use user accounts or not. From a license management point of view the user accounts make it easier to distribute your license to your designers. Instead of for example sending around the license key you can simply add the designers to the license or remove them if they don't need to use Enscape anymore. The idea behind this is to get rid of the need to deal with our clunky license id but just add and remove users. Using the accounts won't change the behavior from floating to fixed license !

What is currently not possible, and I guess this is what Demian meant , is that all the uploads will be in a common place. At the moment we do not have something like 'company uploads'. Every user would have their own individual upload area, where they can manage and share their uploads.

I hope this makes it a bit more clear.

• Hello Tobias,

Thank you for your specific answer and indeed that's what I meant to achief. So it's good to know that I can start create the users then and give them their private space to store their uploads in. The files are removed, i hope, if a user leaves and got his account removed?

It's a better way to create user accounts to login then sending the keys, I aggree.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Lars