Ideal Workstation

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hello everyone, I'm trying to set up a setup for an ideal worstation for jobs (not games) with SketchUp and Enscape. The ideal is that this computer has performance and not very high cost. I expect colleagues to make variations for pockets less prepared like me. To start I'm suggesting a station that I consider ideal, however expensive. Please help with ideas.

Computer with 4th Generation Intel Core i7 processor (3.4GHz, Quad Core with HT and Turbo Boost), 16GB DDR3 memory, 2TB Hard Drive (SATA 3 - 7,200rpm) + 220GB (SATA 3) SSD, NVIDIA Quadro M2000 (4GB) video card, 8 (7.1) channel audio, 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet network and wi-fi, USB 2.0 and 3.0,

card reader, Micro ATX enclosure and 520W real power supply - two 21 "ultra hd monitors

Sftwares: Win10, Sketchup 2018, Enscape last version, Photoshop (gimp or another), Shader Map, Office

• 520W is far too low, go for one in the 800 range

If your using Revit then the Quadro might be worth it but a GeForce 1060/70/80 would give you more bang for buck as neither SketchUp or Enscape make use of the features a Quadro adds above a GeForce.

Get an SSD and a HD, have the SSD as your boot drive with Windows/Apps etc and the HD for files, a 250GB SSD would do it

Intel i7 no less than a 7700

You want DDR4 not DDR3 memory, 16GB would be the minimum but more is always better.

• My experience:

* for Enscape I use a GTX1080ti 11GB - great speed and a lot of memory to use Enscape and to work on Rhino and Photoshop at the same time, I like this card

* RAM - I never would use less than 32GB. Working with a lot of RAM in the background makes the life much easier. I like to use several RAM hungry software at the same time - a few Rhino tasks (with heavy scenes), Photoshop, Image browser, Enscape, web browser.... .

* power supply: I would buy a stronger one, maybe 800W or more. In the future, if you want to upgrade, than you could use the power supply again and again. Also, maybe Enscape will support to use multiply graphic cards at the same time. In this case you need more power than 520W

• Firstly, thank you to those who responded to the post. I see that the ideal workstation for computer graphics is forming. The working software is basically autocad, sketchup / enscape, v-ray, photoshop, gimp, office, shadermap, streetview 360 °, etc. In addition to browser,

onedrive and often working with several of these open features. However, anyone who uses Rhino, Lumion or others can benefit from this setup.

• wagnoldo Enscape is rendering on the GPU only. CPU and RAM are used for your basic software solution and the loading of your project into the Enscape engine.

I definitely recommend to go for a GTX 1070 (Non VR)/1080/1080 Ti or wait for the new RTX series.